Nighthaunt or LoN

Drillz

So I’m looking to pick up a death faction and I keep seeing what seems to be most lean toward LoN over nighthaunts. So I curious why would you run nighthaunts over LoN? Also in the running is the New FEC but I have no idea what the new book brings or how they fair over nighthaunt or LoN

2 hours ago, Drillz said:

looking to pick up a death faction

Nice choice...

the question is not easily answered. I‘m totally not into bedsheets, denying their existence since '93.

Nagash or Vampires and with the beginning of AoS I got some troubles with reality checks, starting a FEC army. 

Totally your personal preference problem from a fluff/looks/traits perspective. Talking power levels, LoN all day every day. Not really sure what the new FEC book brings filthy cheese wise, but nothing obviously abuseable to my knowledge. 

Tactically, Nighthaunts are a very different army than LoN and are a more difficult army to succeed with in highly competitive games. 

LoN boast powerful magic and the ability to bring back units that were wiped out. They can also use any Nighthaunt unit.

Nighthaunt excel at movement and boast all sorts of movement shenanigans. They hit hard if they roll a 10+ on a charge, and will want lots of command points to try to do their teleporting and get their 10+ charges. 

9 hours ago, Honk said:

Not really sure what the new FEC book brings filthy cheese wise, but nothing obviously abuseable to my knowledge. 

It looks really powerful so far! Not sure if completely equal to LoN, but it should at least be close.

Tons of synergy, and both really good offensive and defensive options.

If you are very competitive, LoN  is arguably the best army (or second...), whereas Nighthaunt are only average,  so there is that...

But model wise, Nighthaunt have very very fancy new toys with a strong common esthetic, while LoN is quite a mix of old and new stuff, 

So if like me you select armies for the minis and love there beautiful new models Nighthaunt 100% :)

I went with Nighthaunt purely because of how cool they look. I've had a few games and had a lot of fun using them. I still have to buy the Black Coach but already have a full 2k point army I'm happy with. 

Really looking forward to (and hoping) new DeathRattle and Soul Blight stuff comes out!!!

Good luck making up your mind.

Archived