Troll rules clarification

Twisted magpie

As odd as it might sound, no he cannot. The core rules regarding fighters taking actions always apply unless a card implicitly allows an otherwise impossible action.

Mollog Inspired:
"This fighter can make a Move or Charge action even if it has a single Move token or a single Charge token (but not if it has both, or more than one of either)."

In this case Mollog's fighter card is superseding the core rules specifically when it comes to Move and Charge actions. Attack actions however are still bound by the core rules and thus are limited by the charge token. 

Some examples of things that are possible:

Move -> Attack -> Charge
Move -> Attack -> Move -> Attack

On 2/10/2019 at 2:00 PM, Phyriphiry said:

Then, what also would be possible is:

- Move, Attack, Attack, Charge.

This is that same what: Move -> Attack -> Charge

Doing Attack action doesnt forbid you anything, so you can do 100 x Attack between Move and Charge and it will not change anything. (ofc in theory, cuz you have only 4 activations)

So, if you can do one attack, you can do attack how many times you are able to.  Then adding another attack after attack in any  chain above change nothing via rules.

Yes, it looks like you'd be able to do that.

Though the thought exercise gave me some pause since Second Wind doesn't mention anything about treating the charge token like a move token. Feels like the current wording leaves room for unnecessary lawyering when it comes to fighter cards like Mollog's that are very explicit about mentioning tokens.

That is exactly my point, I used that wording specifically to see how it is responded to. 

As a person who has gone from MTG I believe wording to be very important and in the game with my friend we decided that the action could not be fine because the wording on the card does not say 'token'. 

However I think this would be an important point to have in a faq

The only reason I lean on it actually being possible is looking at how it works outside of Mollog's case. If it didn't ignore tokens, then the card would quite literally be worthless.

That being said, if my opponent wasn't cool with that I wouldn't blame them. This is a case where tighter wording was needed and I do think an FAQ is necessary.

So my way of looking at is that you act as though they had moved rather than charged.

So if it was a move then the model would have a move token. The best way I've seen this dealt with is he flipped the token over for that activation.

In that regard an uninspired mollog could definately charge again. You could also use it to have a mollog who moved then charged make an attack.

What you couldn't do is have a mollog who double charged then make an attack. It says "made A charge..." So it would only affect one charge token not both leaving mollog still unable to be activated.

Well the Errata released today sure managed to put this thread out of date quickly. Inspired Mollog can now be activated like any other fighter when he has only one charge token. This now allows attack, guard, and any other actions granted by cards (i.e. bag of tricks) to be used after the first charge is made (but still not after a 2nd charge).

@Twisted magpie your original question that led to starting this thread is now indeed possible for Inspired Mollog.

EDIT:

The Errata also cleared up the odd wording of Second Wind very clearly. Here's the new wording for Second Wind:
‘Choose a friendly fighter that has one or more Charge tokens. In the next activation, treat the chosen fighter as if they had one fewer Charge tokens than they have, and one more Move token than they have.’

This is likely how the vast majority of people were already treating the card anyways from a functional perspective, but it's nice to have the wording cleaned up. Helps eliminate room for rules lawyering.

Archived