Las Vegas Open and Forbidden Power Revealed

Kaleb Daark

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cogforts and Godbeasts are things I never really want to see on the table. They're just too large to ever be something I want to see as a moving piece haha.

Now, A cogfort or Godbeast inspired gaming table... like battling on the back of Vulcatrix or something, sign me up! haha

Been thinking about the Stormvaults. They confirmed it isn't Chamber related, so I come back to the term Vault. Seems to imply locking away something of value, so the question is if it was locked away on purpose, or used to contain something.

Would be very dissapointing if gloomspite and FEC were the promised destruction and death battletome for 2019. 

I would like to think all four would have at least one more this year. 

Soulblight or deadwalker expanded faction for death. 

Beast claw or legions of gorkamorka for destruction 

Light or shadow aelves for order or a free cities battletome to encompass the  Aelf, duardin and human hangers on

Slaanesh for chaos with new mortal followers

25 minutes ago, Dead Scribe said:

But technically those would be in 2019 and would fulfill those promises.

Yes, technically, but in reality making a big announcement saying you're going to release more books and then including the ones you've already announced is sneaky af. 

Personally I think that it is likely that FEC was in fact the death tome and the goblins released were in fact the destruction tome and that we will see slaanesh after skaven and khorne, and likely another stormcast and sylvaneth were reported for order.  The rest I'd say go to 40k.

We already know that KO are the last Underworlds warband, and they did not tease them along with the sylvaneth even though in the past warbands have released in tandem.

IF Sylvaneth are getting a new time, it makes sense to link it to a model release, even just a warband (which have been appearing in the tomes of late).

IF that's the case, it seems reasonable to me that the KO warband may have been separated from the Sylvaneth one in order to buy time for a new (much needed ... oof) KO tome that would link with the Underworlds KO guys.

Short version: I think we'll see a new KO book this year.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:02 AM, CDM said:

Would be very dissapointing if gloomspite and FEC were the promised destruction and death battletome for 2019. 

I would like to think all four would have at least one more this year. 

Soulblight or deadwalker expanded faction for death. 

Beast claw or legions of gorkamorka for destruction 

Light or shadow aelves for order or a free cities battletome to encompass the  Aelf, duardin and human hangers on

Slaanesh for chaos with new mortal followers

I'd rather not see more death battle tomes. I actually prefer how LoN covers almost everything. Just update the LoN tome when it needs it and we're good.

10 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I guess there will be at least two for Order, fire dawrf and SCE.

Fyreslayers could be a possibility. I really don't see Stormcast getting another book yet. As others have said, it is important to remember that the faction portraits shown on the website are just generic and don't have any other meaning besides representing the GA.  We have had these portraits around since last year when they revamped AoS. The only difference is that the Chaos portrait better represents the pantheon than just a Khorne warrior. 

3 hours ago, 123lac said:

I'd rather not see more death battle tomes. I actually prefer how LoN covers almost everything. Just update the LoN tome when it needs it and we're good.

If it is an opportunity to release  an affordable Blood knight kit and dynamic plastic vampires, I am all for it

I just had a thought.

Forbidden Power feels like "Arcane Magic" to me. I think it will be a box with a book full of new spells and a ton of magic items that are so powerful that you pay points for them.

It will also contain cards for all magic items (edit: and spells that don't have cards other places) in the game so you can have references to place with your warscrolls.

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I just had a thought.

Forbidden Power feels like "Arcane Magic" to me. I think it will be a box with a book full of new spells and a ton of magic items that are so powerful that you part points for them.

It will also contain cards for all magic items in the game so you can have references to place with your warscrolls.

That's not a bad guess, actually.

Taking bets on how many cards need day 1 errata 😆

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I just had a thought.

Forbidden Power feels like "Arcane Magic" to me. I think it will be a box with a book full of new spells and a ton of magic items that are so powerful that you part points for them.

It will also contain cards for all magic items (edit: and spells that don't have cards other places) in the game so you can have references to place with your warscrolls.

Great idea. That would also be the occasion to release more generic Endless spells as GW teased for 2019, and more faction-specific ES for uptaded armies like Maggotking, Idoneth Deepkin and Daughters of Khaine. Maybe even new magical terrains rules too (as an add-on to a magical objects-focused book). 

So has anyone been reading the aos short stories in white dwarf? I think they are teasers for forbidden Power. 

In one the Ko enter a hidden cave protected by Slyvaneth. 

In the other a khorne hero finds a rather interesting sword at the bottom of a pit,  which had been protected by stormcast.

I think these are the stormvaults.

Places hidden throughout the realms (by sigmar?) containing powerful and dangerous treasure. 

I think this ancient evil, which may be referenced in the February white dwarf story, had been imprisoned in these vaults along with some powerful artefacts. 

The story of the next expansion could be that the necroquake exposed some of these vaults and there is now a race on to open or destroy these vaults. 

The board game that just got teased has a big map with a bunch of locations but also some locations marked with kind of star.

These are probably the stormvaults. 

This expansion could include some new spells and artefacts which are more powerful but can  have serious negative effects on your army.

This whole thing may be leading up to the reveal of a brand new faction. The totally new factions have all been for order so far. (stormcast, fyreslayers, Ko, Deepkin) It would be cool to get a totally new faction for death or destruction. 

Archived