Las Vegas Open and Forbidden Power Revealed

Kaleb Daark

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Let's ignore all those behavior or speech style stuff. This year definitely a big year for AOS releases. We get a big grots release in January, a medium release for FEC/skaven in Feburary. Will it be possible that there will be some new released every month? 

According to the community article, there will be at least order battletomb to be released, at least a new army to be released. From the trailer, I really think it is related to the new SCE chambers... The edge pattern of that big symbol has already shown up in SCE already.

By the way, do you guys think there will be a release for Slave to Darkness? One of my friend playing Slave to Darkness get pretty upset when he knew Khorne will be the next updated chaos fraction.

I'm still 99% sure there will be a Darkoath release at some point this year that will very likely include or be an update of Slaves to Darkness considering the design similarities. The Godsworn warband pretty much guarantees it though the timeline is still a mystery.

For me the big question is when is Slaanesh coming? I figured it would drop later this month after starting with V-Day teaser/reveal.  Since Khorne is going to be the next battletome that really pushes Slaanesh back unless we get surprised yet again and Khorne goes on preorder in a week or two. Which I hope because I'm playing Khorne in an April GT and want time to prepare lol.

36 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I'm still 99% sure there will be a Darkoath release at some point this year that will very likely include or be an update of Slaves to Darkness considering the design similarities. The Godsworn warband pretty much guarantees it though the timeline is still a mystery.

For me the big question is when is Slaanesh coming? I figured it would drop later this month after starting with V-Day teaser/reveal.  Since Khorne is going to be the next battletome that really pushes Slaanesh back unless we get surprised yet again and Khorne goes on preorder in a week or two. Which I hope because I'm playing Khorne in an April GT and want time to prepare lol.

Well, since Slaansh is still trapped by the alven gods and thanks to morathi, he/she is getting closer to Ulgu day by day. So I guess, Slaansh will be back with malekith's new forcs coming out. Maybe a box for slaansh VS shadow elf

Slaanesh will be a massive release. It would be something similar to Soul Wars. I expect maybe something in rumored in the summer, build-up in the fall, release in the winter in time for Christmas. I just don't see the big release of Slaanesh as being something to devote a release slot to. This is something that would shake up the lore. 

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

Slaanesh will be a massive release. It would be something similar to Soul Wars. I expect maybe something in rumored in the summer, build-up in the fall, release in the winter in time for Christmas. I just don't see the big release of Slaanesh as being something to devote a release slot to. This is something that would shake up the lore. 

well, we would have time for another summer campaign a-la malign portants or something. maybe coinciding with slaneesh vs stormcasts in the forbidden power?

+++MOD HAT+++

I've just spent a chunk of time removing what feels like half of the comments on this thread - not impressed is an understatement.  Quite simply if you want to rant, take it elsewhere.  We're more than happy for people to express their opinions in a rational way that encourages discussion - but what I've been reading is pretty much trolling.

If anybody needs reminding of the forum rules they can be found here: https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/17954-important-tgacommunity-and-you/

1 hour ago, Ken said:

What are the Grand Alliance Books?  Thought those were superseded by battletomes?

The grand alliance books includes all warscroll of the same grand alliance. It is used at the beginning of AOS when there are a few battletome. I guess they will fade away eventually. The Death grand alliance books are almost useless at this point. The community says that battletomes for (fractions of) each grand alliance, not meaning grand alliance book.

I am excited that they will being still be going fully steam ahead with new/ more AoS releases this year inspire of it really being 40ks turn.

I wasn’t impressed with the lack of information in the trailers. Sure that what a trailer is, but a little more substance could have gone a long way.

I, like many others hope that those symbols in the logo allude to what factions may come!

After this preview, I call Darkoath on April (KO-Deepkin window).

Logic is far fetched, but plausible. Look at the image promoting the LVO preview in WH community. Big news were Sylvaneth underworlds, black legion and a central figure that is...a Darkoath barbarian. Now, of them Darkoath were neither previewed nor teased, so I am guessing they moved their presentation for March shows. Same thing happened with Deepkin (although that was between Gamma and Adepticon, both March shows). 

This also explains why AoS got so many teasers, but only an update BT as preview/announcements.

I am also every day less optimistic about  surprise Malerion release. Guess I have 2019 to catch up before a nee project!

1 hour ago, Turgol said:

Look at the image promoting the LVO preview in WH community. Big news were Sylvaneth underworlds, black legion and a central figure that is...a Darkoath barbarian

ain't it a Warcry art? :) 

I don't know if its just me but, I don't understand how this from the community site  has made lots of people think we're getting new Grand Alliance books.

2019 will see new battletomes for every Grand Alliance!

To me it sounds like Order, Death, Destruction & Chaos will all have at least one faction that either updates an old battletomb or a has brand new one. No part of this says that there will be new Grand Alliance books

1 hour ago, Snitchey said:

I don't know if its just me but, I don't understand how this from the community site  has made lots of people think we're getting new Grand Alliance books.

2019 will see new battletomes for every Grand Alliance!

To me it sounds like Order, Death, Destruction & Chaos will all have at least one faction that either updates an old battletomb or a has brand new one. No part of this says that there will be new Grand Alliance books

The weird part is Death, as all BTs are up to date. It does get hopes up for new faction.

Destruction has 4 easy books to update/rearrange (IJ: I hope it is that!, savages, ogres and BCR); Chaos 1 new/rearranged faction (slaves+darkoath+everchosen), Slaanesh new and two other.to update; and well, Order.is a blackbox of possible updates, rearrangements and new factions. 

But Death? Puzzling...

9 hours ago, Turgol said:

After this preview, I call Darkoath on April (KO-Deepkin window).

Logic is far fetched, but plausible. Look at the image promoting the LVO preview in WH community. Big news were Sylvaneth underworlds, black legion and a central figure that is...a Darkoath barbarian. Now, of them Darkoath were neither previewed nor teased, so I am guessing they moved their presentation for March shows. Same thing happened with Deepkin (although that was between Gamma and Adepticon, both March shows). 

This also explains why AoS got so many teasers, but only an update BT as preview/announcements.

I am also every day less optimistic about  surprise Malerion release. Guess I have 2019 to catch up before a nee project!

Alas it's the Warcry art, as @Sev said (it's from the trailer). 

But anyway, the release of Warcry is still another thing that confirms for me a 2019, probably mid-summer, Darkoath release. 

16 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Alas it's the Warcry art, as @Sev said (it's from the trailer). 

But anyway, the release of Warcry is still another thing that confirms for me a 2019, probably mid-summer, Darkoath release. 

Yeah, just noticed that. I'll still hold on my now baseless assumption!

I would love to see a Faction that does not belong to one of the Grand Alliances and poses a Thread to all four of them, forcing them to work together (and offering game modes that allow that). That's a classic move in Settings that grow older.  If I were to choose what that could be, I'd choose something like capitalist and bankers, being able to corrupt pretty much everyone, hehe.

3 hours ago, Turgol said:

The weird part is Death, as all BTs are up to date. It does get hopes up for new faction.

Destruction has 4 easy books to update/rearrange (IJ: I hope it is that!, savages, ogres and BCR); Chaos 1 new/rearranged faction (slaves+darkoath+everchosen), Slaanesh new and two other.to update; and well, Order.is a blackbox of possible updates, rearrangements and new factions. 

But Death? Puzzling...

Not that puzzling, we've already got a new Death battletome on preorder for next week (next week clearly being 2019).

For me this forbidden power match the automatons we read about in the core rule book. It will be magic infused automatons or artefacts, either aligned with Destruction to match the Force of nature concept (remember it is the year of Destruction), or it will be some kind of mercenary units/endless artefacts  activated like monsters or endless spells in the relevant battleplans.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ironbreaker said:

That’s based on the assumption that slaanesh needs to be liberated before slaanesh followers will get a tome. 

8 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

For me this forbidden power match the automatons we read about in the core rule book. It will be magic infused automatons or artefacts, either aligned with Destruction to match the Force of nature concept (remember it is the year of Destruction), or it will be some kind of mercenary units/endless artefacts  activated like monsters or endless spells in the relevant battleplans.

Where are automatons mentioned in the core book? I don't remember that.

Archived