Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eekamouse

Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

This doesn’t read like speculations but like you are stating facts. 

Speculation is fine and part of the fun, but things get annoyingly muddy if you state them as facts. But that’s my opinion. 

But those are facts from the trailer. The game does have a specific setting and theme which is obviously chaos. There are also six factions because their logos are in the trailer while Necromunda currently has six hive gangs.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion it's going to have elements from a whole lot of systems from the various games GW has put out over the years to make something pretty unique and hopefully amazing, it could be AoS Kill Team or Necromunda but it could also just as easily be AoS Mordheim for all we know. It certainly sounds and looks like it might have elements from those games, granted they haven't shown or told us much but from what they have shown it's easy to draw those parallels. Hopefully we find out more at Adepticon so we'll have a clearer picture on what direction their taking it.

I hope we get a cool game with new mechanics and cool balanced band's. And driven to a competitive level with support like kill team and underworlds is having and not dying in one year.

Maybe each year new band's added like orcs, Aelfs, dwarfs, etc or some tool to create customizable warbands 

As they say with a nice campaign system. 

I have count models and find 6 for khorne like (hands up greathammer, hands up 2 hammers, a big guy, 2 with shields and the girl with chain) and 7 for Darkoath if we count the dog. This means maybe all warbands will not have the same number of models. 

And the npc system is super cool. I like that a lot.

• Like 1

I’m still on the fence on this one, the game looks like it may be interesting but does not look like it will be the game I am/was (still) hoping for. I guess I’ll have to wait for the summer to see for myself, I predict an 8 June presale date, possibly 15 June. 

I think what I’m most looking forward to is the different factions being a big showcase on the diversity of Chaos. It’ll be so good to see things outside the four archetype armies of the Chaos gods.

• Like 3

Was it already mentioned that warcry is prominantly featured on top of the ageofsigmar.com page? Warhammer underworlds is not. From that I could guess warcry is sort of a AoS "light" afterall. My hopes and dreams of warcry being a AoS kill team were crushed when I watched the big reveal at Gama. Seeing all new chaos models my hope to play seraphon and kharadron warbands were out the window. But perhaps the warcry starter is just a means of presenting a new or updating and existing army. I'm not really knowledgeable of chaos but that would be ...darkoath? Or could these warbands never be united in one army? Anyway perhaps playing warbands from existing factions could be a possibility afterall.    

Edited by VascoPinto

6 minutes ago, VascoPinto said:

Was it already mentioned that warcry is prominantly featured on top of the ageofsigmar.com page? Warhammer underworlds is not. From that I could guess warcry is sort of a AoS "light" afterall. My hopes and dreams of warcry being a AoS kill team were crushed when I watched the big reveal at Gama. Seeing all new chaos models my hope to play seraphon and kharadron warbands were out the window. But perhaps the warcry starter is just a means of presenting a new or updating and existing army. I'm not really knowledgeable of chaos but that would be ...darkoath? Or could these warbands never be united in one army? Anyway perhaps playing warbands from existing factions could be a possibility afterall.    

Ohoho yeah !

https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/ 

Nice spot. Can't wait for more info at Adepticon next week ! I think Warcry will be all Chaos first but with possible new races add-on later.