Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

This doesn’t read like speculations but like you are stating facts. 

Speculation is fine and part of the fun, but things get annoyingly muddy if you state them as facts. But that’s my opinion. 

But those are facts from the trailer. The game does have a specific setting and theme which is obviously chaos. There are also six factions because their logos are in the trailer while Necromunda currently has six hive gangs.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion it's going to have elements from a whole lot of systems from the various games GW has put out over the years to make something pretty unique and hopefully amazing, it could be AoS Kill Team or Necromunda but it could also just as easily be AoS Mordheim for all we know. It certainly sounds and looks like it might have elements from those games, granted they haven't shown or told us much but from what they have shown it's easy to draw those parallels. Hopefully we find out more at Adepticon so we'll have a clearer picture on what direction their taking it.

I hope we get a cool game with new mechanics and cool balanced band's. And driven to a competitive level with support like kill team and underworlds is having and not dying in one year.

Maybe each year new band's added like orcs, Aelfs, dwarfs, etc or some tool to create customizable warbands 

As they say with a nice campaign system. 

I have count models and find 6 for khorne like (hands up greathammer, hands up 2 hammers, a big guy, 2 with shields and the girl with chain) and 7 for Darkoath if we count the dog. This means maybe all warbands will not have the same number of models. 

And the npc system is super cool. I like that a lot.

• Like 1

I’m still on the fence on this one, the game looks like it may be interesting but does not look like it will be the game I am/was (still) hoping for. I guess I’ll have to wait for the summer to see for myself, I predict an 8 June presale date, possibly 15 June. 

Was it already mentioned that warcry is prominantly featured on top of the ageofsigmar.com page? Warhammer underworlds is not. From that I could guess warcry is sort of a AoS "light" afterall. My hopes and dreams of warcry being a AoS kill team were crushed when I watched the big reveal at Gama. Seeing all new chaos models my hope to play seraphon and kharadron warbands were out the window. But perhaps the warcry starter is just a means of presenting a new or updating and existing army. I'm not really knowledgeable of chaos but that would be ...darkoath? Or could these warbands never be united in one army? Anyway perhaps playing warbands from existing factions could be a possibility afterall.    

Edited by VascoPinto

6 minutes ago, VascoPinto said:

Was it already mentioned that warcry is prominantly featured on top of the ageofsigmar.com page? Warhammer underworlds is not. From that I could guess warcry is sort of a AoS "light" afterall. My hopes and dreams of warcry being a AoS kill team were crushed when I watched the big reveal at Gama. Seeing all new chaos models my hope to play seraphon and kharadron warbands were out the window. But perhaps the warcry starter is just a means of presenting a new or updating and existing army. I'm not really knowledgeable of chaos but that would be ...darkoath? Or could these warbands never be united in one army? Anyway perhaps playing warbands from existing factions could be a possibility afterall.    

Ohoho yeah !

https://ageofsigmar.com/warcry/ 

Nice spot. Can't wait for more info at Adepticon next week ! I think Warcry will be all Chaos first but with possible new races add-on later. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Warcry has had a bit more info unveiled at Adepticon (you can go read it at Warhammer Community).

Main thing that is new information is that on release there will be more than just Chaos - they have shown about 9 different faction symbols.

Does this up the hype level just a bit?

6 minutes ago, mhsellwood said:

So Warcry has had a bit more info unveiled at Adepticon (you can go read it at Warhammer Community).

Main thing that is new information is that on release there will be more than just Chaos - they have shown about 9 different faction symbols.

Does this up the hype level just a bit?

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-WarcryWarbands22k

Hmmm interesting they only have 8 symbols, curious what the 9th is?

8 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

First (from the right) : 

- Gutbusters or Bonesplitterz ?

- Daughters of Khaine

- Soulblight

- Gloomspite

- Idoneth

- Ironwajz (or common Greenskinz)

- Fire Nighthaunt ???

- DEVOTED OF SIGMAR ??? 

I think it's bonesplitters for the first one.

Nighthaunt for the 7th one.

Stormcast for the 8th.

I'm wondering what kind of idoneth will be for the warband, my mind is telling me thralls, but I am so hoping for some eels In there too.

but, the iron golems look like a heck of a lot of fun, and I am eager to see the beast guys when they get shown! They have an equally awesome asthetic.

and hopefully this will make people stop whining that it's only chaos. 

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoseman said:

And the question is: those warbands related to an army will be new models or just rules to make your band or a preformed band to uso your models?

I assume its new models. If it were just rules, why wouldn't they include rules for every faction? This feels like you'll have to buy specific new models to play which isn't what i was hoping for. I don't think i can justify buying another new spin off game that needs all new models and books to play really. The great thing about kill team is that you can use what you already have, or start with a kill team and build up to a bigger army for use in 40k.

Kill team is a good game and I hope warcry will be too. I like the band's thing, the only issue about KT is the weapons to fit the mini on the band and sometimes is complicated to have all represented ok. With defined band's this goes out and it ready to play (I hope so)

Personally I'm pretty hyped, and a bit surprised how few people seem to be. The "chaos-only" game just announced 9 more non-chaos factions! Surely there will be a way to use those as the start of an aos army right? I guess on the internet it's mostly unhappy people that speak up. Even if they did make brand new minis for each faction, you'd have people disappointed because they really really hoped for tomb kings 😂

3 minutes ago, Moldek said:

Personally I'm pretty hyped, and a bit surprised how few people seem to be. The "chaos-only" game just announced 9 more non-chaos factions! Surely there will be a way to use those as the start of an aos army right? I guess on the internet it's mostly unhappy people that speak up. Even if they did make brand new minis for each faction, you'd have people disappointed because they really really hoped for tomb kings 😂

Personally, I’m worried that they’ve just added these at a late stage because of complaints about it being chaos only, which makes me a bit worried about the balance. And there’s almost no chance they’ll be new models for the existing factions, which is slightly disappointing - if they’d have added them later they could have done new warbands for them.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Personally, I’m worried that they’ve just added these at a late stage because of complaints about it being chaos only, which makes me a bit worried about the balance. And there’s almost no chance they’ll be new models for the existing factions, which is slightly disappointing - if they’d have added them later they could have done new warbands for them.  

I understand your concern. I was all for a chaos only game too, maybe expanded on later. On the other hand it seems like a big shift to decide to release 9 more warbands totally unplanned, it's entirely possible that this was part of the project from the start. I guess we'll know later!

• Like 1