Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I thought of the same thing, and even a little more when it comes to convergence missions, using non chaos warbands to represent an "NPC" warband that the enemy has to chew through for thier story mission games.

I think that’s a brilliant idea. The designers obviously had to really streamline their game to make it accessible, but they planted a lot of narrative seeds to encourage you to build off of that. They can’t openly get you to homebrew and proxy like they used to 25 years ago, but the system feels very open ended!

I have a box of chaos hounds that are definitely going to serve as chaos beasts. 

18 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

I know there are likely to be new chaotic beasts added sooner or later, but is there any reason why you couldn't sub in thematically appropriate fighters from the existing warbands as random twist deck monsters instead of/in addition to using the ones from the starter box ? 

E.g having a particular area be infested with chainrasps/savage orcs/squigs that attack everyone. Or for the "Apex Predator" twist card where you add one 30-wound variant of a monster, you could add an ogre/troll/chaos spawn and use the rest of the Ogor Breacher statline for it 

Idk I just I like the idea of a mighty chaos warband finally brought low by the rogue squig herd that chased it across the bloodwind spoil for eight days and nights

Chaos spawn or bust

Poorhammer ( Poorcry?) tip :

for those of you who own the storm strike / tempest of souls boxset for AoS, the paper gamemat that comes with it is 22 by 43 inches. So if you cut 13 inches off lengthwise, you’re left with a  cheap, regulation size foldable mat. Bonus point : if you cut off the right side there won’t be any immersion ruining pictures of buildings on it 😂

052B3DB2-756B-4EEC-918C-531B0E670BB7.jpeg

• Like 5