Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

Out.

To be honest, the Darkoath models interest me (as does the scenery), so I may end up buying it. If it's Chaos only, though, I doubt it will  hold my interest.

They confirmed on Facebook it won’t stay Chaos only.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

They confirmed on Facebook it won’t stay Chaos only.

Where did they say this?
All I saw were non-answers, or quoting that the article stated they were focusing on delving into Chaos. No mention of additional factions or grand alliances, and those allegiance icons were all chaos related.

28 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Where did they say this?
All I saw were non-answers, or quoting that the article stated they were focusing on delving into Chaos. No mention of additional factions or grand alliances, and those allegiance icons were all chaos related.

This. All they said was "the article says that we'll be exploring the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before - that's all we know right now. As soon as we have more to announce here, we'll announce it!"

4 minutes ago, flemingmma said:

Kill teams gotten expanded a fair bit since its inception, i wouldn't get too disheartened by an all chaos starter set

I am pretty sure like Necromunda, the expansion would probably be the more Chaos Warband shown by those symbols in the trailer

For me it seems like Necromunda, just in the Allpoints.

There is a heavy (war-)band focus, character development and 6(?) distinct, completly new warbands.
None of the warband symbols seemed to be too chaos-god themed. It's really close to necromundas 6 gangs when you ask me.

That's for sure cool and something new is fine, but my hopes were for a AoS Kill Team and not an AoS Necromunda. 

But i'm really interessted to hear how the game is to be played. Shooting, cover and such a like makes "easy" tactical choices (Necroumunda) - an all-in melee pit does not (Warcry?). The word "kinetic" used to describe the gameplay made me real hyped about the rules.  

• Like 1

I for one am very excited. But then again I am also a chaos fan so the chaos only aspect doesn't put me off. But yeah it definitely feels very necromunda gang, with them all being variants of the same kinda race (imperial humans for necromunda, chaos humans for warcry) of course hopefully like necromunda they'll have more added and hopefully a bit quicker (a year long release for all 6 of necromundas gangs really killed the drive for it at my club)

I'm interested to see more of the factions, so far it's seem to shown a beast-like clan similar to the darkoath we already have, a gladiator style clan and lots of chaos gribblies. Hopefully it won't be too long till more news. But I could wait release date wise... gotta buy theatre tickets next month so can't have GW throwing more expensive starter sets at me and critical hitting my wallet ;)

I'm gonna predict starter set will likely be 2 10 man warbands, either 2d board like necromunda or a couple of 3d ruins like kill team. And probably priced around £95ish

Looking forward to seeing more clans definitely, the serpent symbol intrigues me greatly. Possibly a sneaky poison clan?

I think this looks awesome and the models are so good! Great to see so much love for chaos undivided recently in all systems.

If those 6 factions are mortal realms that's a great addition. I've been clamouring for free peoples to be done like that, and it's much easier to do that in a skirmish setting

• Like 1

I love the Warcry stuff. LOVE it. It's nice to see GW pulling off very differently flavoured Chaos models these days, after they got into a bit of a rut with very same-y Khorne and Nurgle designs for both 40k and Fantsy/AoS vor ages. Stuff that I like, mind you, but a group of red armoured guys and gals (and dwarfs) with fish bowl helmets and tenderisers are much more exciting then even more Blood Warriors with different spikes and axes...and they're the weaker faction compared to the lovely fur fans!

The faction symbols alone are so intriguing that my mind is wondering what'll be shown for them. The tanky/gladiatoral faction for example has a gate or steel fence looking symbol, so they're tough guys that both defend *and* break fortifications? Their blunt weapons tie into that very well, smash them doors! So what'll the snake faction turn out to be? Snake (beast)men? Dragon tamers? Chaos ninjas?!

The only complaints (besides price, maybe, and that IT IS NOT OUT ALREADY) I can think about would be:

1) Maybe weak campaign mode, sadly GW is not as good at this right now, probably because they don't have the same "just convert your dudes with tripple power fists if you can afford them" mentality of old

2) Only Chaos teams.

For 1) there'll be house rules by some clever guys I bet and for 2), well, I can see stuff like Stormcast strike teams and witch hunter retinues in the future, send to stop the Chaos worshippers from reaching the Varanspire or Orks drawn there to have a scrap with the toughened survivors, I mean, where better to find good opponents? Again, if GW doesn't do it and the game is fun enough, fan content will port in other races or you can simply use count-as and build your own warband.

Depending on the success of the game and the campaign system they made, they could release "Commander" and "Elite" expansions for each faction, showing your tribes ascension to glory/Chaos Warrior status/juicy mutations on the way to the top.  Feral monster add-on(s) if there can be environmental hazzards, so to speak. "Bruiser" add-ons with a  Ogre-sized heavy for each  and maybe one faction getting two less powerful to increase diversity. Stuff like that. There's a lot of stuff to sell here if they to this right, so the support and effort put into this might be  quite high and the game as well received as Underworlds as a result.

• Like 2

I hate to say 'I told you so' but... I told you so. 

Fleshing out different kinds of Chaos tribes is a cool idea in isolation, but I think when AOS is crying out for a proper Skirmish game, having this be Chaos-only is a mis-step. I'm certainly struggling to have any enthusiasm for it.

It doesn't help that a lot of the models shown are not great IMO. These dudes with old diving helmets on their heads are not my thing at all, and there are too many 'holding weapon in the air' poses. 

8 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I hate to say 'I told you so' but... I told you so. 

Fleshing out different kinds of Chaos tribes is a cool idea in isolation, but I think when AOS is crying out for a proper Skirmish game, having this be Chaos-only is a mis-step. I'm certainly struggling to have any enthusiasm for it.

It doesn't help that a lot of the models shown are not great IMO. These dudes with old diving helmets on their heads are not my thing at all, and there are too many 'holding weapon in the air' poses. 

I think the community team probably agree, based on how many questions they are having to answer saying 'this is what we know, for now!'.

If you look at what they have done for Kill Team, with the initial pack and now the 'competitive' versions, plus all the extras like leaders and elites, then its safe to presume WarCry will go the same way in time.  But im with you, not really enthused about this box based on preview alone. Dont doubt it will get enough support to develop though.

Edited by stato