Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

7 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Sounds about right. When’s the games expo, end of May?

Yes. We will be seeing the preview of things next Friday (31st) but the expo runs all weekend. I'm not going this year but it's a nice day out if you can get to it. It is very board game focused, so if that's not your thing you might not enjoy it as much. I got to meet Ian Livingstone last year which was amazing! :D 

4 hours ago, Theslowcentury said:

I heard from a good source that it’s more likely to be August for release. Hope it’s earlier though.

and

57 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

They showed a video last week saying July release. Unlikely that they would have had a change since then but it could be July pre-order, August release.

I suspect it will go up for Pre-order around 22nd June as White Dwarf comes out on 21st (new schedule). I think this is so they can have a Warcry spread in the magazine

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, a warband of outcast nobles from azyr would be pretty awesome in my oppinion!

Can't wait to see Aqshy and Hyish! So far though the untamed hunters and splintered fangs are still my favorites.

...how embarassing would it be to be killed by the silt guy?

Edited by Acid_Nine

1 minute ago, mhsellwood said:

I reckon Shyish on the far left - some king of cannibal death cult, maybe an aspect of defying Nagash by taking the dead inside yourself?

Then Aqshy to the right of that - stylised flames so maybe some kind of flame cult?

That’s an eye, not flames. 

A fair point Still-young. I would however refer you to the design of the iconography on the Barad-Dur miniatures from Games Workshop. Picture below:

cceae3a90b8f8387705c29b9d1236768.jpg.41c2da37f0893fa8637b348c5ae1f17d.jpg

Note the shield design - although clearly an eye, it is the Eye of Sauron, and the stylised flames around it are related to the description of the Eye as a "flame of red" in the Lord of the Rings book. Hence my reference to the stylised flames - they are the iconography around the eye.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Next Warband for those who haven’t seen it yet - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/31/revealed-at-the-uk-games-expo-2019gw-homepage-post-1/

So, so far we have warbands from Chamon, Ghyran, Ghur and now Ulgu. I definitely think that each of the warbands will be from a different Realm. The question is, which ones?

I feel as though the Crow warband was located in the wrong place.  

If someone told me about the Crow warband and encouraged me to guess it's location, I would have probably said "Shyish" rather than Ulgu.  To me, Crows (in literature/fantasy) are a symbol of death, rather than darkness.

Not saying it's not cool or anything - I am just curious to see what they do with the actual Shyish band.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Then Aqshy to the right of that - stylised flames so maybe some kind of flame cult?

The more I've been thinking about it the more I've been leaning towards the eye being from Hysh, it does look like the eight-pointed star of chaos but you could also take the points as being rays of light coming from some kind of crystal forming the shape of an eye, which would make sense since the realm is all about enlightenment and whatnot. I'm starting to think there actually might not be one from Shyish at all, wherever they're from though I don't think we'll have long to wait before we find out.

• Like 3

On 5/31/2019 at 3:30 PM, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Next Warband for those who haven’t seen it yet - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/31/revealed-at-the-uk-games-expo-2019gw-homepage-post-1/

So, so far we have warbands from Chamon, Ghyran, Ghur and now Ulgu. I definitely think that each of the warbands will be from a different Realm. The question is, which ones?

Love this Warband, i am curious if that whole band is one box and the cost. Would love to collect just each band just to paint even if game is not good. Love these models and have hopes for this game.  Hope the whole band pictured is just a box set. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavisMMA125 said:

Love this Warband, i am curious if that whole band is one box and the cost. Would love to collect just each band just to paint even if game is not good. Love these models and have hopes for this game.  Hope the whole band pictured is just a box set. 

Yeah I’m more and more in the same boat. I do hope they give them (simple) rules good AoS so I can also play them in Skirmish. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/03/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-tickets-now-available/

The Warhammer Age of Sigmar Open day will also be the first time everthat you’ll have the chance to play Warcry – the game of skirmish combat in the Mortal Realms. If you think Warcry looks awesome, just wait until you experience it in action!

Which means it won't be released before 20th of July... even longer waiting! :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

The more I've been thinking about it the more I've been leaning towards the eye being from Hysh, it does look like the eight-pointed star of chaos but you could also take the points as being rays of light coming from some kind of crystal forming the shape of an eye, which would make sense since the realm is all about enlightenment and whatnot. I'm starting to think there actually might not be one from Shyish at all, wherever they're from though I don't think we'll have long to wait before we find out.

That is not an unreasonable assumption.  I also have thought the eye could be Hysh themed.  Maybe something along the lines of an all-seeing illuminating eye that corrupts everything it sees (or some other Chaosy creepiness).

• Like 1