Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

I watched Warhammer Weekly video where they talked about Adepticon reveals and they also shared info that was given during the seminar. The main points:

1. New Chaos kits will have multiple parts and different weapon options.

2. Non-Chaos warbands will let you use old models.

3. New Chaos models will have rules for AOS.

4. Warcry will get support similar to Kill Team.

The part about Warcry starts around 28:30.

Edited by Stealth_Hobo
  • Like 4

I asked @Thomas Lyons  on Tweeter about the new warbands as the way they presented it confused me, and he replied that they did not say that the non chaos warbands will be new sculpts, but it was more or less implied.

My reasoning is that if they want to support Warcry as Kill team, I can't see a Soulblight warband bundle with a non plastic vampire in it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I asked @Thomas Lyons  on Tweeter about the new warbands as the way they presented it confused me, and he replied that they did not say that the non chaos warbands will be new sculpts, but it was more or less implied.

My reasoning is that if they want to support Warcry as Kill team, I can't see a Soulblight warband bundle with a non plastic vampire in it.

If they’re new models for each faction, then looking at release schedules like Warhammer Underworlds and Necromunda, it’s gonna take 2/3 years for all 15 warbands to come out. It says the 9 non Chaos Warbands are playable from the start. I think it’s just gonna be rules for existing models.

• Like 3

The most support I could see for the non-Chaos warbands short-term is going to be character box sets like they released for Kill Team.

Soulblight for example getting a whole warbands worth of models on release is extremely unlikely, but plastic Vampire hero on foot? Yeah sure whatever.

So with that I saw again first trailer and if we can change weapons I see:

For Iron golems they have: 2 hand hammer, 1 hand hammer, Long maze (like nunchaku), long Maze with spines, the chain and the ball-fist of the big guy. Plus the shield.

For Darkoath ones we can see: Bone Sword, Bone Axe, Bone 2 hand axe, A boomerang?? Bone fist and a throwing lance with a rope. Plus the dog. 

Mixing this with kill team we could think something like this for the non chaos bands:

IDONETH WARCRY BAND: To Choose: Namartii with Bow, 2h axes and 2h Swords (if they wanna make a difference), Ankhelian with Eels with lance and swords. Maybe a free Eel as pet, maybe ankhelian on foot conversions (so cool!!!!)

DAUGHTERS OF KAINE: Withces with knifes or long whip, shield and things like mask that gives something, snakes with lances or bows and khinerai with their weapons.

IRONJAWZ: Ardboys with maze, sword, big choppa and shield. Brutes with their weapons.

NIGHTHAUNT: Dont know here, that treatment doesnt fit with nighthaunt. Maybe Chainrasp, Glaivewraith, Grimghast to play.

If this comes out like this could be fun. Everybody will be able to make his own band with some restrictions and is balanced as KT is. Can't wait to see what comes out at last. Will be magic?? will be mounted guys (eels, gore gruntas, hexwraiths??)

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 2

I can't express how excited I am for this release, especially since finding out these will be multipart kits. Holy moly! 

Did they state that the non Chaos factions would get new models? 

I was looking at the artwork and you can see another warband fighting the iron golems. Looking at their aesthetic, they remind me an awfully lot like the new Hedonite Prince, such as the circlets, perhaps these will be the mortal followers of Slaanesh and we'll see them tie in with the Hedonite releases. I really hope Slaanesh will get mortal dudes. I'm in love with the Xerxes...I mean Daemon Prince model 😍😍

• Like 1

So it seems to me like the Chaos warbands are all going to be from a different realm - the article says the Iron Golem are from Chamon and the other guys from the reveal trailer have a real Ghur vibe. I really like that.

If that proves true, what other realms do you think we’re going to see? Guessing nothing for Realm of Chaos or Azyr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

So it seems to me like the Chaos warbands are all going to be from a different realm - the article says the Iron Golem are from Chamon and the other guys from the reveal trailer have a real Ghur vibe. I really like that.

If that proves true, what other realms do you think we’re going to see? Guessing nothing for Realm of Chaos or Azyr.

I am looking forward to see how a Chaos war band from the Realm of Light looks like.  

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I mean, we got storm casts for azyr and demons from chaos. What more do ya need? 😀

I really am jazzed to see more of the Ghur Tribe. I have plans to make some of these guys into raiders or pirates for a punching bag Opponent to my deep kin for an army on parade board. the fact idoneth will be in Warcry makes this even better!

Now I just gotta find a model boat for these guys...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

I feel it was more or less implied that you would get no sculpts or actual teams. More there would just be rules for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I can't express how excited I am for this release, especially since finding out these will be multipart kits. Holy moly! 

I was looking at the artwork and you can see another warband fighting the iron golems. Looking at their aesthetic, they remind me an awfully lot like the new Hedonite Prince, such as the circlets, perhaps these will be the mortal followers of Slaanesh and we'll see them tie in with the Hedonite releases. I really hope Slaanesh will get mortal dudes. I'm in love with the Xerxes...I mean Daemon Prince model 😍😍

I think they will stay away from any of the specific gods. So they could work with all etc

On 3/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, Riavan said:

I feel it was more or less implied that you would get no sculpts or actual teams. More there would just be rules for them.

Blood bowl started with roles for all the teams then brought in models later clips be the same thing here

49 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Honestly while I would be happy with any new idoneth models, I believe that I would be just as happy with previously boxed models, a la' kill teams.

Getting your hopes up beyond this, would be silly. 

I don't think any existing ranges will have new models released, so only new chaos models and terrain for now is my guess. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I don't think any existing ranges will have new models released, so only new chaos models and terrain for now is my guess. 

Ditto. I wouldn't read anything about new minis for the other 9 factions from the reveal. And given that this IS based off Killteam then I would say it'll be a new way to use existing models and probably batteline units (at least at first).

12 hours ago, Jetengine said:

If the non chaos warbands are just old models thats super lame. Dont go ape with new kits then lazily just go "Oh yeah theres 3 other GA, just give 'em some reboxes" 

Sorry but this is just wildly unrealistic.  Kill Team had zero new models, and that game is both fun, and popular.  Quite frankly, I think we players are fortunate enough that GW is giving AoS factions rules alone.

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Sorry but this is just wildly unrealistic.  Kill Team had zero new models, and that game is both fun, and popular.  Quite frankly, I think we players are fortunate enough that GW is giving AoS factions rules alone.

It did have new models!

It had the Kelemorph, the Ad Mech character, the Starstriders and the Gellerpox.

(I do agree with your principle not to expect any new models for preexisting factions)

On 3/28/2019 at 11:32 AM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

If im thinking of the same piece of art then they are probably the warband related to the icon of the flayed face stretched across the circle.

I'm not expecting new models for the non-chaos factions, calling that 'lazy'is absurd.

17 hours ago, Jetengine said:

If the non chaos warbands are just old models thats super lame. Dont go ape with new kits then lazily just go "Oh yeah theres 3 other GA, just give 'em some reboxes" 

I mean lets be real here, 6 chaos boxes is quite a lot.

Do you honestly expect at launch there to be 11 other kits? Thats 17 boxes.

GW isn't made out of money. Well maybe they are but the rate they pump out plastic kits these days is insane. Honestly I'm a bit afraid they're starting to stretch themselves a wee bit thin. Like for example I'm surprised they're still making new bloodbowl plastics. Not hating on BB, but I'm curious just how much revenue to cost it is making per new team.

Remember, plastic molds cost an arm and a leg to make and take a lot longer to produce than one may think. Perry Miniatures for example often preview their "3-Ups" of upcoming plastics like a year or so in advance before they actually have the finished product.

And lets not forget poor skaven have to take one for the team and still make do with metal 6th edition models.

Now if GW was Bandai Namco, THEN they dont have an excuse! (seriously Bandai where are my modern HG Wing Gundam and G Gundam kits? I dont want another dang RX78-2 remake!)