Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

41 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

I’m curious as to exactly what will come in the storm vault set; from the photos it looks an awful lot like the $160 terrain set that was just released but there’s no way they’d re-release such a new kit at half the price (assuming they are in the same $80-90 price range as the Kill Team battleground sets) right after the first launch. A year after the initial release I could see it but a month later seems like an awful FU to the players who bought the large box. 

Look like 2 medium plinth (shattered temple) pieces, a pair of dogs sprue, and a bridge/small plinth sprue. Cant see any pillars shown in the pic for this new set?

Based on the current big set is £95, this new set would be minus the half round half square dias and pillars part of the set, say £40ish (round dias price separate), then add on £27 for another shattered temple plinth (and minus a bit for the pillars from that set).  So maybe £70-80ish of value for the Shattered Stormvault set of estimate rrp £55-60.  Yeah its not bad.

In the Chaos groups on the official website and for some of the non-chaos ones, the first model listed is the Leader or a tougher 'Hero' model (Necromancer, Brutes for the Orruks, Crypt Flayers for the Flesheaters), though not all are like that for the non-chaos groups. For example I'd imagine for the Idoneth an Akhelian Guard as their Leader, for example.

The rules afaik don't actually make a Leader mandatory, just that you may only take a max of 1, RAW...

I'm unsure how they'd put in additional ruling to nominate your own Leader, though they could make a specific non-chaos runemark on certain cards where a Leader can be nominated from your once mustered warband, a sort of universal special runemark they can list on the ability card for the faction.

Haha, oh man, you're livid, think how the people who have spent months on it will feel. Ah well, ****** happens. I once printed up 10,000 flyers for a club night and only realised when I got them back that I'd forgotten to put the date of the event on them. I'm sure it won't ruin people's long term enjoyment.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Welcome to Warcry's basic ook

Because what is quality control!

Man, I am livid of seeing this.

Looks like typical quality of Spanish version.

Tbh, it's quite funny at this point. At the LFGS it's almost a tradition to make fun of the translation, typos, editing errors when a new GW book is out.

@GW HQ: I can help you out on this, just let me know. I'm cheap and will do anything you need ;):P

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Haha, oh man, you're livid, think how the people who have spent months on it will feel. Ah well, ****** happens. I once printed up 10,000 flyers for a club night and only realised when I got them back that I'd forgotten to put the date of the event on them. I'm sure it won't ruin people's long term enjoyment.

GW does this in almost every book they release now though and they still don't learn their lesson. Got the Skaven book and not only found multiple typos throughout yet again (including an obvious error in the very first sentence of the very first page of the book introducing the skaven), but included pictures of a model that they had abruptly removed from the game literally with the publishing of this book.

Not only do you remove one of my favorite AoS skaven models but you include pictures of it in Skaventide as if it still even had a warscroll with that book...

Not excusable given they have had plenty of past mistakes to learn from, given the size of the company and the prices they charge...

Edited by Zanzou
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

My apoc rulebook fell apart less then a week after I bought it. And warcry looks to be the same type of book (and indeed Ash on GMG already noted his fresh copy looks to be coming unglued). It is real frustrating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

Are you a hundred millions' worth company distributing to a market of 46 millions of potential customers? Was there anything else substantially wrong? Did you make any takers pay 40 euros for each of those badly printed leaflets?

As @VBS notes the quality of their translation is beyond the pale.  There's around 250 cards that are just outright different from their meant intent. There's multiple bits where the rules are outright different from mistraslating (like only being able to play up to 3 power cards per round!).

But this one takes the cake as it's literally the cover.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, tom_gore said:

A lot of Escher's weakness against the Goliaths in the base box was due how the scenarios play and their low (or high) Cool values. What I mean is that most scenarios in Necromunda favor the brute strength approach a lot more than a fast and agile one.

I'm hoping the victory cards are more balanced in that sense, giving faster warbands an edge in some scenarios and touger warbands in others.

That and Goliaths are probably the worst gang to fight with Toxin weapons and very few guns over strenght 3 at start. The chem-thrower was a trap to take. (If you only consider the startbox)

15 minutes ago, adreal said:

Being the lazy guy I am, what is warcry like, is it like necromunda, or is it like kill team?

A little of both and a healthy dose of its own thing.

You can use a limited number of models from mainline AoS, or you can use the new original chaos warbands that have been created for this game (but also have AoS rules). Wargear choices are pretty limited, with only a few models per chaos warband having any variation.  Alternating model activations on a kill team size board, but with streamlined combat (basically only one roll on attack with no armor save). Abilities and initiative are tied together in a system where your roll 6 dice, and matching sets are used to power abilities while initiative is determined by number of unmatched dice left over. 

Well, it's out.

Hopefully I managed to snag the main game, mausoleum set and the 3rd warband through a 3rd party site.

I say hopefully as I have had history in the past of them taking the orders then saying they can't fulfil it due to no stock. I'm hoping that because my order went through about four minutes after the pre order went live it will all be ok!

The main starter was a lot cheaper than I was expecting though, and thankfully the expansion sets are priced similar to kill team.

Fingers now crossed I get all I ordered and sit and wait for two weeks!

Initially I think I will run Iron Golems.

38 minutes ago, Absolution black said:

The main starter was a lot cheaper than I was expecting though, and thankfully the expansion sets are priced similar to kill team.

The preorder hasn’t gone live here yet so I haven’t seen the price but hearing that is reassuring. What kind of price range were you expecting? I’m planning to order the starter and cypher lords, but wouldn’t be offended if I was able to squeeze in a terrain kit as well.

1 minute ago, Lior'Lec said:

The preorder hasn’t gone live here yet so I haven’t seen the price but hearing that is reassuring. What kind of price range were you expecting? I’m planning to order the starter and cypher lords, but wouldn’t be offended if I was able to squeeze in a terrain kit as well.

I was expecting at least a GW price if about £110 to £120 based on previous rumours, but I think it is £100 now. Add a discount from a 3rd party retailer and it was quite a nice surprise for me.

For those in Germany (or Austria etc.), "battlefield berlin" has Warcry in both English and German for 110€ - quite a bit cheaper than GW.

Soon to be proud owner of the new amazing Warcry scenery and the lovely Cypher Lords. Oh and those awesome new Sylvaneth trees.

Edited by MitGas

Only played a basic version of the game @WarhammerWorld but really enjoyed it.

Combat is determined on one roll of your dice.

Initiative mechanic is really good, either buffing abilities or first activation.

Orge is a beast in combat but then so is the leader of the Unmade - Mr Scythehands, as he was christened.

The game is definitely designed for the narrative campaign play although open and matched are included. However narrative is my bag, so this suits me well. The progression system is really well thought out, Sam Pearson was really enthusiastic about it! The way it works prevents the creation of uber-warbands (unlike Mordhiem) so has hopefully created some balance between those who've had many fights and those with fewer.

Terrain, Twist and card based mission system give over 40 million game combinations, which should keep folks busy.

All in all, really impressed, its clear its going to have lots of support and there were eggs about the Varanspire, feels like this will lead to the Everchosen!😍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michu said:

Could you tell if those Terrain cards allows for scratch-build terrain? Or is there an option for playing without those cards?

You can play with or without the cards, but there's definitely a mechanic for scenery set up using what comes in the box that means (if used) the box scenery is deployed in a specific set up.

• Like 2