Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Cross posting from the rumour thread, speculate away:

Ii5pvAy.png

eSLdiIo.png

Oh god. 

I hope you can do a full on gryph hljnd army. 

I've got 8 gryphounds that just sit there. 

Please tell me I can use a Neave Blacktalon model to lead them as a stand in raptor. 

I'll die of happiness. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm also not sure about the Akehlians. On one side, only the Namarti are not enough options. Namarti have no weapon options, only the standard bearer. so it would be literally 2 options/models for the hole warband. 
On the other side, eal riders are to much. perfect would be to have the akhelian's on foot. morsarr with spears, ishaen with swords and shield and allopexes rider with crossbow. than the 2 namarti options. you would have 5 options insted. + upgrades to champion, etc. 

But I don't think we really will got this options, because der are no unrided akhelian Versions in the normal AoS, so Gw "had" to release a ne box if they like to do that. I know build yourself and convert. no problem for me, but GW isn't writing rules without miniatures anymore.

• Like 1

Been staring at that list for a while and one small thing about that it that did just occur to me.

For a while  I'd been wondering how they'd fit the DEATH factions in. I'd assumedly what had been revealed there would be a no wizards (NO CAPES!) rule, at least before they started rolling out the inevitable expansion packs, and that would have really limited the DEATH hero choices.

As it is, it appears to be instead more of a blanket no heroes at all rule, full stop (well almost full stop, full comma maybe). So then very mildly odd then that of all the factions the only one that can actually include a hero, it's the LoN one with a wizard.

I assume there won't be a special magic section/phase/rules in the core rules just for one model from one of the non main warbands so guess he'll just have some unique ability tied to his 'Runemark' that's triggered on a 6/spikey symbol like all the units seem to.

I mean it makes thematic/narrative sense to have a necromancer lead the party but then they really wanted a hero to control/lead the Skeletons they could have replaced him with, let's say, a Wight King and not had this issue.

Anyway, don't mind me utterly inconsequential drivel here, just thinking out loud.

Edited by JPjr

4 minutes ago, Ritschi said:

I'm also not sure about the Akehlians. On one side, only the Namarti are not enough options. Namarti have no weapon options, only the standard bearer. so it would be literally 2 options/models for the hole warband.

It's a problem, I agree. Maybe they could change the weapon options for the thralls? In the AoS rules they all just carry their namarti blades but they could have made a rules distinction between glaives, swords, and axes. Warcry looks like it has quite a bit of detail in the rules, it could be a way to diversify the choices.

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It's a problem, I agree. Maybe they could change the weapon options for the thralls? In the AoS rules they all just carry their namarti blades but they could have made a rules distinction between glaives, swords, and axes. Warcry looks like it has quite a bit of detail in the rules, it could be a way to diversify the choices.

that's also an option. Okay in the best case we got both. akhelian's as infantery and namarti with blaives, swords and axes. :D
but the weapon options are the most easy to made for GW. 3 Different close combat weapons, bows, and the standard bearer upgrade. maybe there will be also an upgrade for a real champion or warband leader. 

we will see. :)

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but what is the size of the carboard terrein in the warcry box?

Asking because our LFGS has gaming tables that are only 75cm (30") wide and it would be a godsend if those future battleboards are that size (also for those interested in  running AoS meeting engagements, as it would be great if it corresponded with the minimum 30"x40" battlefield. 

@Elmir Not sure if it’s been revealed anywhere yet, had a look and couldn’t see, but I would put at least £1 on it being 22”x30”. That’s certainly what it looks like (and is the Kill Team board size), so two of them and job done for a ME game.

hopefully, like most the KT ones they’ll also have designed them (& expansions like the Mausoleum board) to line up and blend together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Cross posting from the rumour thread, speculate away:

Ii5pvAy.png

eSLdiIo.png

This is cool to see, I'm sure my friend who plays Nighthaunt will be glad that he has the choice to run them in the game. Myself as a Skaven Pestilens player, I'm somewhat meh on.

However I do enjoy list-building and making up warbands, so I could jump to get a box or two of something if the rules fit.

Yay, now akhelian eels can be hated across two game systems! The call for nerfs have been doubled! Oh glorious is the sea!

Not going to lie, I'm kinda questioning how they are going to explain how the eels are flying in this skirmish game, or how they collect souls without their heroes walking around with them. Looks like I'm going to have to buy Namarti now, at least one box for warcry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere, but what is the size of the carboard terrein in the warcry box?

Asking because our LFGS has gaming tables that are only 75cm (30") wide and it would be a godsend if those future battleboards are that size (also for those interested in  running AoS meeting engagements, as it would be great if it corresponded with the minimum 30"x40" battlefield. 

I saw a picture of the warcry box posted by Ben Johnson, the contents list said it contained a double sided, 22" x 30" folding game board.

• Like 2

I am digging the initiative system. You're basically trading off being able to go first vs using more powerful special abilities. Hopefully some of the warbands have abilities that let them shift dice or give them some choice there. 

Edited by CitizenX
  • Like 3

The more I look at the cards the more I wish it made it clear on the cards that the value of the ability being activated is determined by the dice used to activate it. Other than that it is a nice visual thing that you can get your mind around without having to track cards or cp. Just set aside your pairs, triples, and quads  after rolling and away you go. The only question is can I I break up the groupings or is it all or nothing? I can see where you might not have a good setup to use "Whirlwind of Death," but could maybe want to throw two bolos, or use "Spine Crushing Blow" with one fighter and "Lead with Strength" on another.

Also, this paragraph seems to suggest alternating activation to me - underline is my emphasis:  "So here, our opponent (red dice) has 3 singles – 2, 3 and 5 – meaning they win the initiative, as well as triple 4s, while we have a double and a quad. During the battle round, when it’s our turn to activate one of the fighters from our warband, we can choose to spend either that double or quad to unleash an ability. "

22 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

Also, this paragraph seems to suggest alternating activation to me - underline is my emphasis:  "So here, our opponent (red dice) has 3 singles – 2, 3 and 5 – meaning they win the initiative, as well as triple 4s, while we have a double and a quad. During the battle round, when it’s our turn to activate one of the fighters from our warband, we can choose to spend either that double or quad to unleash an ability. "

Praise be!