Thunderstruck. Kev's Thunderscorn Plog

yarrickson

Squeezed in my first game this evening. Vs Deepkin at take and hold in the realm of shadow. Not gonna lie I was taking a battering off 18 Morsarr guard but won the priority into turn 3 and used the shadow realm command trait to teleport 9 dragon Ogors onto his objective while summoning 10 Ungor to hold mine for the win. Realm of shadow is silly. 

Picture is my turn 1. Please excuse the proxies. 

IMG_20190217_200214_9.jpg

Edited by yarrickson

Had a little hobby time tonight in between breaking down copies of Carrion Empire for individual resale (#capitalism) and threw together 20 Ungor. These are just for bodies for primordial call summons, possibly for objectives, possibly just to take some more Mortals for more summoning, probably just to die horribly as the drogors cleave through the enemy. 

IMG_20190222_221030_7.jpg

• Like 1

Another 2 hours this afternoon for the 2nd coat of warpstone glow. Two thin coats done. Think I'll base the flesh next before highlighting. 

Also calling the herdstone done for now, I'll go back and base it at the end I think, assuming I have time before Bobo. Bit annoyed at myself for the logical disconnect between the green flames at the bottom and the red eyes, but it's obviously magic so I'll leave it as is. 

IMG_20190226_155651_7.jpg

IMG_20190226_155928_9.jpg

• Like 2

Had my 2nd game tonight. Border War in the realm of Chamon with the feature Brittle Isles. Vs Nagash, Necro, Wraith, 15 Dogs and 60 Grimghasts. 

Went down to a minor loss but had several opportunities to take the major thanks to Darkwalkers/summoning/run and charge shenanigans. Good fun game, managed to summon 30 Ungor and 20 dogs over the course of the game. Glad I built based and sprayed the summoning bods earlier this week. 

Pic is my turn 1. Big ambush and ten Ungor summoned. 

IMG_20190228_183840_6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a week diverted by running a weekend of AOS for 36 players, I've gotten back on the painting wagon. That's the flesh based on all the drogors finally. An annoyingly lengthy stage. The metal is going to be just as annoyingly lengthy. Going to have to get a shift on in order to meet my BOBO deadline. 

Also had a practice game against Sylvaneth but didn't get any pics. Went down after he killed the three Shaggoths in a hero mission. 

IMG_20190319_214546_1.jpg

Edited by yarrickson
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Draakur said:

This is suuuuper cool, I love this army concept 😀 more power to you! Good form that man!

Realistically, how competitive is a list like this??

Surprisingly so. For an army with only two unit warscrolls. One drop, 3 hero-wizards, summoning, dark walkers ambushing and movement shenanigans. Adds up to a decent army. Not super killy, but plays scenarios well. 

• Like 1

Some small progress tonight. Finally gave in to the impulse to buy the endless spells. The murder cow is maaaaassive. 

Decided to take 6 Dragon Ogors to completion just to check everything will look alright so I liberally applied Biel-tan, gloss black and flesh shade to the pictured 6, so next session I can hopefully start highlights, details and weapons. Then I might finally get an idea for what colours to paint the bases as torn between grey/brown or brown/grey. Black rims of course. 

IMG_20190325_205007_1.jpg

IMG_20190325_215421_8.jpg

• Like 1

Clock change and a cranky 2 year old ate into my hobby time tonight but got a little more done. Highlighted the turquoise and the brown, first grey layer on the bases. Agrax wash bases tomorrow hopefully. Then sexy black rims, a few more highlights and some tufts to completion. 

IMG_20190331_220037_8.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Lunch painting paying off. Managing to layer the metallic on three each lunchtime, by far the most time consuming stage. Did detail work on the 5 who got washed yesterday and by tomorrow night I'll have another 7 ready for washes. Should mean I break the back of the drogors this week and aim is to have 18 finished by this weekend, leaving another 9 for next week along with the 3 Shaggoths, the wildfire taurus, then the Cockatrices, 30 Ungor and 10 hounds for a summoning pool. 

If I can get through that with time to spare then I'll probably treat myself to some summoning pool expansions like tzaangor, a giant or centigor. 

IMG_20190409_214616_2.jpg

• Like 2

Today's progress. The 5 at the front just need their bases done. That'll take me to 11 tabletop ready Drogors. Apologies for the poor focus. Snapped in a hurry. 

2nd pic is the paints used in painting the drogors. More than I thought I was using tbh. 

IMG_20190410_221325_6.jpg

IMG_20190410_214652_2.jpg

Edited by yarrickson