Question about battalions in mixed edstruction

Crispen

Hi Guys,

I did some searching on the internet and saw on reddit some chaos players saying you could take battalions in mixed chaos. Just wondering if you can take battalions in a grand alliance army?

I took a look in the handbook and couldn't see anything saying you couldn't, but I'm assuming I've missed something.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Absolutely you can!

That second artefact and reduced drops can be handy.  And we now have a few more to play with, having the GG book.

Savage Orruks can fit in a Kunnin Rukk and cover off Destruction Battleline for example. 

The other thing that can work well in a Mixed army is Gordrakk giving a whole Batallion the extra attacks + 3D6 charge.

Excellent!

Thanks for the reply man! The gordrakk thing sounds pretty tasty.

I was more thinking of just taking the skitterswarm (think thats what its called, with the scuttleboss and 3 units of riders) + my stonelord and maybe some gitmob to fill in the battleline requirements.

2 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah, Gitmob are pretty cool GA Battleline. 

60 Gitmob Archers + a Shaman is a good starting point for any Mixed army!

Yep, totally agree. I think it might be an alright option as allies for gloomspite too, 350pts for an alright screening unit (if you need it) and if not some decent shooting.

Till the troggboss dropped I was running 160 gitmob with a few shamans, troll hag and a few units of fellwater trolls. It would do well against most things, except sylvaneth rekt it pretty hard. I'll have to see how it goes now the trolls are super killy. Had 3 fellwater troggoths just chew through 30 plague bearers the other day at a 1k team tournament. So much better than what they were.

I saw your video with Doom and Darkness, have you tried captain smash yet? Someone was trying him at the tournament I was at and the best he did is delete a unit of 3 goregruntas

17 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

You need to speak to @mcbrain for that, he is a pioneer of the Spiderfang and that Scuttleboss build in  particular!

He took them to CanCon and did really well.  Also played in the Trans Tasman Cup the night before CanCon, representing the victorious New Zealand team with Captain Smash front and centre :D

I imagine he was surprised by the winterleaf shenanigans pulled on him haha. Still 20min game gives you plenty of time to drink in the atmosphere and gloat more as your team wins.

Archived