Gits Competitive?

Damian

Yeah there's no indication that they will be the whipping boys.  On paper they look strong, and early competitive results back that up.

They will shake out as low Tier 1 would be my guess.  

The only purchasing decision I would be wary of is the Boingrot Bounders - a lot of people are speculating that they will be in line for a points increase in a few months with the next GH. 

I personally don't think it's necessary (there are already hidden points costs in support units / Batallions required to overcome their bad movement characteristic); but if you are worried about getting your fingers burned, that's the one that I would flag as a risk.

4 hours ago, Damian said:

Thanks for the reply... love the models and theme but was worried about investing money in them only to find out they are the AOS whipping boys ...

If you play anything in a GW game long enough you will run into some period of time when it sucks.

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

The only purchasing decision I would be wary of is the Boingrot Bounders - a lot of people are speculating that they will be in line for a points increase in a few months with the next GH. 

I personally don't think it's necessary (there are already hidden points costs in support units / Batallions required to overcome their bad movement characteristic); but if you are worried about getting your fingers burned, that's the one that I would flag as a risk.

I do think they will get a points increase, but I would not be wary about buying some of them.  What I would be wary about is building a big force of them or making them the main backbone of your force.  But their profile is so universally good that I expect they will be quite good even with a points increase.

They are too good of a unit (and too much fun) to ignore, but I would just be mindful that they appear to be undercosted currently.

Archived