Sentiment about the new releases

Future

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Jetengine not necessarily - GW can update the models at any point in time of their choosing without having to release anything but the updated models. They can also add new models without having to add a new battletome since they have the rules for free on the website, wascroll builder and in the box. So nothing ties them to having to wait for a new edition to release new stuff. 

but they so far they only choose to release new models during Battletome release unless your Stormcast for the most part

2 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

Wrath and Rapture. 

but that before hand no really after the fact, plus I think both will get a BT in the future regardless.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gavriel sureheart was another example of AoSmodels being dropped without a battletome to come with it? Same with the hero from the SCE/nurgle box iirc...

There's ways... 

In fact, I'm still hoping GW does away with battletomes/codexes at one point and just switches to a full card-based system where they can adapt problematic units/allegiance abilities (both buff and nerf) and just add new models as they see fit.

Just now, SwampHeart said:

That's fair - I just hope I don't ever see you complaining about how long it takes for an army update because that would be utterly hypocritical. 

I'll complain about whatever I feel needs to be complained about. lol Skaven have been waiting since 7th edition Fantasy to get models updated. They have some of the oldest in all of Age of Sigmar. Over a decade is more than enough time to see some of the old metal and resin Skaven models updated. That is completely unrelated to their horrible rush job, copy and paste of reusing old sculpts they've given us with these terrain pieces and endless spells. 

I don't care about the models.  If they want to keep the older models thats fine by me.  I'm just hoping that the rules and units are competitive and powerful enough to keep up with whats already dominating our tables.  Some of those skaven rules I saw on the community page could fit the bill depending on how much they set us back in points.

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

but that before hand no really after the fact, plus I think both will get a BT in the future regardless.

Irrelevant - the fact that its the first time it has been done has no bearing on what will happen going forward. And I only used Wrath and Rapture because I felt 40k examples weren't appropriate but I could list several 40k examples as well.

2 minutes ago, Throt the Unclean said:

I'll complain about whatever I feel needs to be complained about. lol Skaven have been waiting since 7th edition Fantasy to get models updated. They have some of the oldest in all of Age of Sigmar. Over a decade is more than enough time to see some of the old metal and resin Skaven models updated. That is completely unrelated to their horrible rush job, copy and paste of reusing old sculpts they've given us with these terrain pieces and endless spells. 

Gotcha - so basically since you didn't get exactly what you wanted its a bad release. There is 0 point in further conversation on the topic. Have a good rest of your day. 

Just now, SwampHeart said:

Gotcha - so basically since you didn't get exactly what you wanted its a bad release. There is 0 point in further conversation on the topic. Have a good rest of your day. 

Nope. Not at all. lol Go back and read my old comments so that you can better acquaint yourself with what I've been saying instead of mischaracterizing it. I got what I wanted in a new combined army book. I would have been satisfied with just that. What I didn't want was lazy, reused old sculpts in the form of new endless spells and terrain pieces. I agree there is little point to continue a conversation with you until you familiarize yourself with what I've actually been saying and until you give yourself time to cool off. 

Irrelevant - the fact that its the first time it has been done has no bearing on what will happen going forward. And I only used Wrath and Rapture because I felt 40k examples weren't appropriate but I could list several 40k examples as well.

I mean they probably get a battletome and the box is just their carrion empire.

40k I believe follow the same trend that Eldar hero was just delayed it was suppose to have been release during the codex release. Forgebane was for Necron and IK. And The new Marius and Harkon that happen recently are for codex primaries and codex black legion presumably

grant there was Malian portent heralds, but they tease future product releases to just extremely way back. 

But generally existing battletome army unless your stormcast don’t get anything outside of shadespire warbands. Unless there a new battletome coming soon for them

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean they probably get a battletome and the box is just their carrion empire.

40k I believe follow the same trend that Eldar hero was just delayed it was suppose to have been release during the codex release. Forgebane was for Necron and IK. And The new Marius and Harkon that happen recently are for codex primaries and codex black legion presumably

grant there was Malian portent heralds, but they tease future product releases to just extremely way back. 

But generally existing battletome army unless your stormcast don’t get anything outside of shadespire warbands. Unless there a new battletome coming soon for them

Well yeah that's the point (that you seem to be missing). Of course eventually everything will get a codex or battle tome update. The idea is that boxes like Kill Teams, Tooth and Claw, Wrath and Ruin, etc. all are ways to splash new models into a range before that happens. It isn't supposed to be the be all end all of releases, just another method to release models besides the classic model of 'army + models only, final destination'. 

Well yeah that's the point (that you seem to be missing). Of course eventually everything will get a codex or battle tome update. The idea is that boxes like Kill Teams, Tooth and Claw, Wrath and Ruin, etc. all are ways to splash new models into a range before that happens. It isn't supposed to be the be all end all of releases, just another method to release models besides the classic model of 'army + models only, final destination'. 

My point is was there any new  model release for fyreslayer, ironjawz , sylvaneath and other army after there BT was release in the last three years. No 

so you can’t really say oh after your BT release you still get a chance of new models in 12 to 18 months to help those smaller ranges because that hasn’t been the case. Granted this is a new GW so thing can change maybe everyone get their own Sureheart . But generally a new battletome release is your best  bet for stuff usually. 

Now I think the release are all good but  you gotta understand where people are coming from base on how GW usually do stuff

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Now I think the release are all good but  you gotta understand where people are coming from base on how GW usually do stuff

I don't at all because we know that GW is an evolving business model right now. The fact that some people don't want to see past that is on them - but to predict that if you get nothing with your army book you'll get nothing is a false narrative. GSC got a ton of new models over the past year before they got their army book, AdMech just recently got a new character with no signs of a new AM book on the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Throt the Unclean said:

Awesome! I'm emailing and letting them know how utterly lazy and horrid the new sculpts look! :)

1 hour ago, Throt the Unclean said:

And just so everyone knows, you can contact GW Customer Services through their phone number differs in each country (1-800-394-4263 for the US) or email (custserv@gwplc.com) and they will document and forward any of your comments, questions, and concerns to the appropriate people at GW headquarters. That includes any critiques you might have. Obviously, don't be disrespectful or rude, but don't be afraid to let GW know what you think. Customer feedback is an invaluable resource for any company. 

🤔

Archived