The New Skaven Battletome, Terrain, Model & eSpells!

Major

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kramer said:

The gnswholes need to be set-up within 8 of s table edge* so being in range of an objective and wholly within 6 of a gnawhole is very dependent on the situation. 

*according to gmg reviews, 

Ah, true, I forgot about the table edge part. Can't be too much like the living tree's after all. It's a shame that Gutter Runners still have to come in on the 1st turn.. if I could do it whenever I chose that would help mitigate the 6" on the table edge part. I may just run them up with everything else to act as a cheap hammer rather than do some plinky shooting and hoping for a 9" charge on something in the backfield 1st turn.

6 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

That’s a good shout. I’ll experiment with it for definite, want to run low body count Skryre though so LOS! might not help much. The reason for the Grey Seer is they get a +1 to cast, unbind or dispel once per turn trait and the spell that reduces enemy movement, was hoping to use that and the Vortex to lock down a killing field for my 3 overcharged WLCs early doors. 

I so desperately want to give the Vortex + Shackles (and maybe vermintide as well) combo a try. That should put a stop to that big unit of 20-30 Witch Aelf units I constantly have to deal with or the blob of wizards in a small contained area that my local Tzeentch player tends to do. Running it alongside my Jezzails or cannons will be pretty magnificent.

...I really am glad we can finally have the spellcasting ability that we deserve.

11 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

, true, I forgot about the table edge part. Can't be too much like the living tree's after all. It's a shame that Gutter Runners still have to come in on the 1st turn.. if I could do it whenever I chose that would help mitigate the 6" on the table edge part. I may just run them up with everything else to act as a cheap hammer rather than do some plinky shooting and hoping for a 9" charge on something in the backfield 1st turn.

I personally find them worth their points as soon as my opponents sets up in such a way to protect their back lines. 

I once even moved them up on my own half to claim my own objectives because my opponent used too big a part of his army to defend his own. That meant that unit of 9 ogor bulls joined the fray a turn later. Well worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I personally find them worth their points as soon as my opponents sets up in such a way to protect their back lines. 

I once even moved them up on my own half to claim my own objectives because my opponent used too big a part of his army to defend his own. That meant that unit of 9 ogor bulls joined the fray a turn later. Well worth it. 

I had previously been using units of 10 as sacrificial-distraction-lambs to good effect, but now I've been trying to look at them as more of a hammer unit since I'm still having a hard time justifying Stormvermin, even more so now with our options opened up. The only other consideration for this purpose is 6 Rat Ogors, but adding in the shooting from the Gutter Runners and I think you have a solid unit for cheaper, and you don't need to take a Master Moulder as tax.

On that second note, what about using 10-20 Night Runners for that 2d6 pre-game move in combination with Gutter Runners in the backfield? Could easily score some T1 objectives in certain scenarios. Not sure the Night Runners are worth their cost outside of Pure Eshin.. which doesn't seem too viable.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, Dracan said:

Only batteline is clan rats and storm vermin in mixed skaven...

Really want that to not be true.

My gf and I have been working on our Team army for Adepticon for almost two years (had to skip last year last minute due to family stuff) based on the rules in GA Chaos. If those rules are no longer valid, her entire army is invalidated with only a few weeks to go before the event. :( :(

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

My gf and I have been working on our Team army for Adepticon for almost two years (had to skip last year last minute due to family stuff) based on the rules in GA Chaos. If those rules are no longer valid, her entire army is invalidated with only a few weeks to go before the event. :( :(

What’s the list? 

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

I had previously been using units of 10 as sacrificial-distraction-lambs to good effect, but now I've been trying to look at them as more of a hammer unit since I'm still having a hard time justifying Stormvermin, even more so now with our options opened up. The only other consideration for this purpose is 6 Rat Ogors, but adding in the shooting from the Gutter Runners and I think you have a solid unit for cheaper, and you don't need to take a Master Moulder as tax.

On that second note, what about using 10-20 Night Runners for that 2d6 pre-game move in combination with Gutter Runners in the backfield? Could easily score some T1 objectives in certain scenarios. Not sure the Night Runners are worth their cost outside of Pure Eshin.. which doesn't seem too viable.

Don’t forget about the, weirdly hidden, guns on the Rat Ogers ;) distractions only need to be cheap and mobile/threatening enough to work. So test it out and see what works for you. 

15 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

The Doomflayer wasn't really worth taking before and he's even less worth taking now, which is sad because I have one.

There's no way I'm leaving this guy out of my lists, no matter what the rules are.

I am just sad that the globe gun went away. I have two painted as shown.

DoomFlayerSkew1.jpg

WindMortarRtSide.jpg

42 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Don’t forget about the, weirdly hidden, guns on the Rat Ogers ;) distractions only need to be cheap and mobile/threatening enough to work. So test it out and see what works for you. 

Oh I didn't forget about them, but I don't think they compare to the statline (and 2 hits on a 6) that the Gutter Runners get for shooting. Of course, now that I think about it, I didn't really calculate the fact that Rat Ogors are getting 2 hits on a 6 now. So I'm now looking at it from a point of 4-6 + Master Moulder and how many points that is, compared to 20 Gutter Runners running solo for only 200.

Guess I'll have to hit up eBay and find 4 more Ogors and test it out unless someone cares to do the math on 4 ogors + Master Moulder...

24 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Basics:

• Bell
  • Wheel
  • 3 Stormfiends
  • 10 Acolytes
  • 3 Jezzails
  • Warlock Engineer

This may still work with the new book from what I understood. All your battle lines are still batteline IF you don't have non skryre units EXCEPT perhaps a masterclan general (e.g. the bell).

So as long as the bell is your general, it looks valid :)

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

What is stopping you from continuing to run them as GA Chaos? Just because a new book exists doesn't mean you must use it. I mean you want to use it, but you weren't planning on it before... 

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

There's no way I'm leaving this guy out of my lists, no matter what the rules are.

I am just sad that the globe gun went away. I have two painted as shown.

DoomFlayerSkew1.jpg

WindMortarRtSide.jpg

great paint job. saw someone split the weapon team to use as skyre acolytes, seemed like a cool idea that may interest you, you'll just need 1 more rat from somewhere (maybe a plagueclaw  / wlc guy.. they have masks)

Archived