The New Skaven Battletome, Terrain, Model & eSpells!

Major

3 hours ago, Mayple said:

I'm keeping an eye on the eshin stuff. Might be some sneaky destructive tricks to pull with that, but I'll have to figure out how heroes and such qualify for their respective traits and artifacts.

Specifically how the Verminus ability to gain a command trait for each clawlord pairs up with other skaven heroes.

Im thinking mixed or mainly Verminus with support will be the go to. With Clawlords getting traits whether they are the general or not can open up a lot of crazyness. Personally Im thinking of taking a Verminlord as general, then the Verminus battalion that lets a Clawlord use his CA on the entire battalion. Max clanrats. Not really of fan of the Stormvermin as they cost too much in points though.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zuriaxis said:

So according the the GMG review, Stormfiends can only be used in Skryre armies? Please let that not be the case.

No, they're only battleline in 100% Skryre armies. You can use them just fine in a mixed Skaven army, they just won't be battleline.

OK I've made my buy list for the pre-orders: battletome, Gnawhole and Balewind Vortex

I'm so hyped by the spell lores and I've always wanted to try a magic-heavy Skaven list. Now is the time!

I'll try to merge the Gnawhole and Balewind models together as explained here (replacing the base of the vortex with a gnawhole, magnetizing everything to be able to tunnel the balewind to other gnawholes)

Then I'll abuse this to death until it gets FAQed... Seems like a Skavenly plan

2 hours ago, Num said:

OK I've made my buy list for the pre-orders: battletome, Gnawhole and Balewind Vortex

I'm so hyped by the spell lores and I've always wanted to try a magic-heavy Skaven list. Now is the time!

I'll try to merge the Gnawhole and Balewind models together as explained here (replacing the base of the vortex with a gnawhole, magnetizing everything to be able to tunnel the balewind to other gnawholes)

Then I'll abuse this to death until it gets FAQed... Seems like a Skavenly plan

And the game will be called, wack the the rat😂

Edit: you know what I find funny.

The Screaming bell seems to be still able to get onto a Balewindvortex.

jai, Skaven even surpass Tzeentch in magic now!😂

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

And the game will be called, wack the the rat😂

Edit: you know what I find funny.

The Screaming bell seems to be still able to get onto a Balewindvortex.

jai, Skaven even surpass Tzeentch in magic now!😂

Between skryre and gloomspite it seems pretty clear now why GW didn't feel like they needed to nerf LON or DOK in the faq.

Lord of change or slann now very sad that rats and goblins are more powerful than they are 😢

Lots of great looking stuff in the new warscroll. Verminlord look great, Screaming Bell looks great. Grey seers can cast and unbind two and I like the change to the warp lightning cannon. Warpfire weapons needed the change I feel so no problems there.

not sure how I feel about the change to the Arch Warlock Glaive but it brings him  more in line with other wizards combat wise.

stormfiends really took a hit with the way they are equipped now. Sadly they got belted with the nerf bat and I can’t see myself using them, which dooms the Skryre allegiance for me.

However everything else looks great so it’s not the end of the world. Bring on the verminus horde! 

9 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

Lots of great looking stuff in the new warscroll. Verminlord look great, Screaming Bell looks great. Grey seers can cast and unbind two and I like the change to the warp lightning cannon. Warpfire weapons needed the change I feel so no problems there.

not sure how I feel about the change to the Arch Warlock Glaive but it brings him  more in line with other wizards combat wise.

stormfiends really took a hit with the way they are equipped now. Sadly they got belted with the nerf bat and I can’t see myself using them, which dooms the Skryre allegiance for me.

However everything else looks great so it’s not the end of the world. Bring on the verminus horde! 

Yeah TBH Clan Skryre looks to be support tier now, providing ranged death to Verminus and Moulder armies. Embrace the Clanrats my friends, they are lovable, expendable little balls of balls of rust and fury.

I'm so glad I can still run a fateweaver + screaming bell combo to summon verminlords. Now, those verminlords are even more bonkers and hittin' above their weight in points. I love it. While I won't play skaven allegience in those cases, even more shenanigans have been placed directly on warscrolls that make a mixed skaven grand alliance chaos still fun. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll also play with the new toys (rules) immediately. 

22 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I'm so glad I can still run a fateweaver + screaming bell combo to summon verminlords.

Does this work? Oracle ability states you can change "a single dice roll", and you are talking about modifying two dice (which you are likely considering a single "roll"), but I'm curious if the rules 100% support this. 

9 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Does this work? Oracle ability states you can change "a single dice roll", and you are talking about modifying two dice (which you are likely considering a single "roll"), but I'm curious if the rules 100% support this. 

The rules could potentially support this. 

When, for example, you are told to re-roll a roll that requires more than one dice (like a charge roll) - you are required to re-roll all the dice involved in the roll. 

Relevant quote from the core rules:

"Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll, which means you get to roll some or all of the dice again. If a rule allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding several dice together (e.g. 2d6, 3d6, etc.)  then, unless otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again."

This is talking about re-rolls, of course, but relevant ;) 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

It’s a bit sad, that Stormvermins still cost 140point.

hoping it will be changed soon.

although very happy even with the nerf of some certain skaven faction.

Stormvermin are appropriately priced at 12.5/ model with horde discount. Bestigors are at 10/model with horde discount and have way fewer attacks, and with less bonuses.  Bestigors are on 32mm and have 1 rank fighting with  2 attacks, or 3 on the charge, at 4+/3+/-1/1, with +1 to hit vs. 10+ models, and rerolling 1's vs. Order. Stormvermin are on 25mm and have 2" reach, so 3 ranks fighting, with 2 attacks each at 3+/2+/-1/1 (horde bonuses).  Stormvermin are just incredibly damage-dealers.

And if you pop the Clawlord's CA they're getting 3 attacks each...so easily can get 120 attacks from a unit of 40 due to their reach and base size.

Already got my 2K list planned out!

HQ
Verminlord Warbringer - 260
Clawlord -100
Greyseer - 120
Warlock Bombardier - 100

Troops
(Battleline) Clanrats x40 - 200
(Battleline) Stormvermin x10 - 140

Warpfire Thrower Team - 70
Ratling Gun Team - 80
Ratling Gun Team - 80
Doomwheel - 160
Doomwheel - 160

Stormfiends (Warpfire, Ratling, Doomfists) - 260

That's a lotta damage. I'm tempted to get more Clanrats/Stormvermin however. Will figure out my general when I get my book but honestly I'm not sure if allegiances actually matter as you get whatever that faction gets, as long as you have it in your army and meet battleline.

3 hours ago, Zuriaxis said:

Already got my 2K list planned out!

HQ
Verminlord Warbringer - 260
Clawlord -100
Greyseer - 120
Warlock Bombardier - 100

Troops
(Battleline) Stormvermin x10 - 140

Ratling Gun Team - 80
Ratling Gun Team - 80
Doomwheel - 160
Doomwheel - 160

Stormfiends (Warpfire, Ratling, Doomfists) - 260

That's a lotta damage. I'm tempted to get more Clanrats/Stormvermin however. Will figure out my general when I get my book but honestly I'm not sure if allegiances actually matter as you get whatever that faction gets, as long as you have it in your army and meet battleline.

No room for battalions or the new fancy endless spells?

Archived