The New Skaven Battletome, Terrain, Model & eSpells!

Major

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ajay29 said:

Looks like plaguemonks got gimped in the musician/standard department. 1 of each per 20, so need to take a unit of 40 to have each option instead. Plus the warscroll is missing the details for the leaders’ Plague Scroll...

Clanrats are 1 per 20. Dont remember if thats how it used to be or not

2 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Clanrats are 1 per 20. Dont remember if thats how it used to be or not

Yeah but you used to be able to take both standards and musicians in a unit of ten, which is how some people (including myself) built them. Not a huge issue, just means having to make a choice now.

Just now, Ajay29 said:

Yeah but you used to be able to take both standards and musicians in a unit of ten, which is how some people (including myself) built them. Not a huge issue, just means having to make a choice now.

A choice? The way im reading 1 in every 20 means you can take both options in a unit of 20. Pick one out of the 20 for the standard. Now pick another one of the 20 for the bell.

Side note: the FW Clawlords CA doesnt say it cant be used on the same unit more then once unlike the other Clawlord

The FW Verminlord was changed to use his ability with the Gnawholes. And he is super scary in combat, casts 2 spells, has all the abilities the other Verminlords have and his signature spell just deletes a selected model.

Weapon teams became kinda high risk/high reward tools now. 

8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

A choice? The way im reading 1 in every 20 means you can take both options in a unit of 20. Pick one out of the 20 for the standard. Now pick another one of the 20 for the bell.

Side note: the FW Clawlords CA doesnt say it cant be used on the same unit more then once unlike the other Clawlord

It says 1 in every 20 can take a contagion banner OR an icon of pestilence. So you need 40 to get both.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Well technically if you use the warpfire thrower weapon team, and somehow manage to get in range, a horde unit o witches or stormcast can say goodbye to you.

Well, now I feel just like Thanquol after the warpstone, thank you.

16 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah I get what you mean, but if we consider the allegiance ability’s that where already shown, the skaven have become in total just much, much, much more better then before.

Yeah the allegiance plus battalions, endless spells, spell lores, traits, and items. We still dont know those

So far im seeing a lot of signature spells at cast 7 or 8 which is really bad. Only the Great Grey Seer himself has bonus to casting roles. I would think the Verminlords would have a +1 built in but oh well. There is always the Gnawholes for a +1 but that requires very specific positioning considering most of the spells are low range

It's too early to say any of the changes being nerfs. Points are huge factor in determining whether unit was nerfed or buffed. And honestly as I looked those warscrolls I saw tons of buffs across multiple units. Furnaces for example are now insane (bshock immunity aura, more reliable censer, 5++ save for itself against wounds and mws, +1 attack is now prayer instead of corruptor command ability), plague monks got 6+ save and 1 of the banners give them extra dam with unmodified rolls of 6, add to that the skaventide horde ability and they are so broken if their points haven't increased. There are multiple similar changes in book.

Plus for anyone complaining about warpfire thrower changes (for stormfiends/thanquol/teams etc.), all I can say you had it coming and I called it myself in several skaven threads here. Modern gw doesn't like too easy to do mws (plus they're now absolutely bonkers against horde armies). Personally I think most of the changes have been for better and these warscrolls haven't disappointed me in the slightest (well okay bit disappointed about stormfiend weapon limitations)

Archived