The New Skaven Battletome, Terrain, Model & eSpells!

Major

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another thing I called (unfortunately)... no stormfiend/plague monk battlelines unless your army is nothing but that specific clan. I guess it self-balances the game to some extend (especially if plague monks are indeed still 70 for 10 guys) but man having literally no extra options is just plain sad (especially for skyre). Now I'm suddenly forced to buy multiple kits of clanrats/stormvermin to get some min battleline if I ever want to wield my thanquol, verminlord warpseer, etc. In battle.

On a more positive note, if that video is to be believed, stormfiends are now 260p which is quite a discount.

5 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

And another thing I called (unfortunately)... no stormfiend/plague monk battlelines unless your army is nothing but that specific clan. I guess it self-balances the game to some extend (especially if plague monks are indeed still 70 for 10 guys) but man having literally no extra options is just plain sad (especially for skyre). Now I'm suddenly forced to buy multiple kits of clanrats/stormvermin to get some min battleline if I ever want to wield my thanquol, verminlord warpseer, etc. In battle.

On a more positive note, if that video is to be believed, stormfiends are now 260p which is quite a discount.

Were you actually expecting that to change? I didnt. Makes no sense for Clawlords to be leading frontline monks and stormfiends. I'll be leaning towards heavy Verminus with supporting stuff anyway. Clawlords never need to be general cuz they can just take traits no matter what. 

From the video

pts #
plague claw 160  
warp lightning 180  
Jezzails 140 3
clan rats 120-200 20-40
doomwheel 160  
Hellpit 220  
Arch warlock 160  
Claw lord 100  
Death master 100  
grey seer 120  
master moulder 100  
Plague priest 80  
Skritch  140  
bombardier 100  
warlock engineer 100  
Screaming bell 200  
Screech 300  
Plague furnace 180  
thanqoul 400  
Corrupter 260  
Deceiver 300  
war bringer 260  
warp seer 260  
doom flayer 60  
giant rats 60-200 10-40
gutter runners 60-200 5-20
night runners 80-280 10-40
pack masters 60 3
plague censor 60 5-20
plague monks 70-240 10-40
rat ogres 80 2-8
rat swarms 60 2-8
rattling  80  
skyre acolytes 60-320 5-30
storm fiends 260 3-9
Storm vermin 140 10-40
warpfire 70  
warpgrinder 80  

Only batteline is clan rats and storm vermin in mixed skaven...

I will (try to) stop posting about it after this because it's just all negative from me: I have a Skryre army, and so far nothing is looking good. I can't use my Stormfiends. I can't use my mortars. Warpfire got nerfed. Warplightning got nerfed. The Bombardier is just a different weapon for the Warlock. 

Are there any Skryre-based battalions? Who are Skaventide allies- can I make a Skryre army and then ally in Clanrats, like I could before?

Some bad copy pasta action with that points list. These are the changes I could find via warscroll builder. I hope FW updates their points quick. 

doomwheel 160 +40

Arch warlock 160 +20

grey seer 120 +20
master moulder 100  

Skritch  140 +20

Corrupter 260 +40

war bringer 260 -20

night runners 80-280

base +20 

discount - 50?

rat ogres 80 -20
rat swarms 60 - 50?!

storm fiends 260  - 30

So, watched the GMG review, may have missed things. But my two Clan Skryre Enginecovens got....nerfed ish. 

Arkspark and Gascloud- Akrspark now reduces the power of the cannon roll by 1 to a minimum of 1 (actually, with the buff to cannons, this isn't bad). Gascloud now doesn't have mortars, but Acolytes and Stormfiends with Windlaunchers reroll hits of 1...since Acolytes can run and shoot. I might take Windlaunchers on one of my 3 units of Stormfiends now, since you can't just pack Warpfire throwers. Glad I magnetized everything....

One thing I'm not clear on- Clan Skryre things are battleline if everything is clan Skryre...

How does this affect clanrats? I can't take clanrats or stormvermin as one of my three battleline choices in a Skryre army? Does anyone know (or did I miss it) how this might work? 

Overall a lot of our units got buffed but the rules are....still frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I will (try to) stop posting about it after this because it's just all negative from me: I have a Skryre army, and so far nothing is looking good. I can't use my Stormfiends. I can't use my mortars. Warpfire got nerfed. Warplightning got nerfed. The Bombardier is just a different weapon for the Warlock. 

Are there any Skryre-based battalions? Who are Skaventide allies- can I make a Skryre army and then ally in Clanrats, like I could before?

Load up on those 2dmg Rattling guns and tear up everything lol and yes there is the Skryre big battalion just like there is now but I think its slightly tweaked

1 minute ago, Zinnar said:

How does this affect clanrats? I can't take clanrats or stormvermin as one of my three battleline choices in a Skryre army? Does anyone know (or did I miss it) how this might work? 

Yeah im not clear on this. Clanrats might just be battleline for the entire book 

I'm really liking the increase of risk/reward in the army, I'll be overcharging a lot of stuff!  Really happy that they changed the way shield work as well. Too bad if plague wind mortars are gone, I typically field 2-3 in my list.  I'm not surprised about the weapon restrictions on stormfiends (magnetized mine), but it's nice that the different options seem to be a bit more balanced maybe?

Warpfire throwers look like insane kamikaze missiles... run in close to big unit roll 2 dice per model every 4+ = MW then blow up... very skaveny hahaha.

Doomwheels moving 4d6 and with lightning going to 3 + 3+  and being able to supercharge might make them playable 

Will be very interesting to see what happens with clan rats and storm vermin in a "clan" army.. or how they did it the video doesn't make it super clear. Would be nice if clan rats at least get to be any clan for purposes of determining what is battleline.
Then again 3x20 clanrats at 360pts for a 60man battleline tax is hardly prohibitive if even if you want to do pure clan.

Been squinting at the  video. The text about battleline says that your general can be masterclan or the relevant clan and all other units have to be of that clan. It doesn’t say that skaven can ally with itself but I think this might be a possible faq change. Clans hiring stuff from other clans is a well established part of the fluff. 

2 hours ago, angrycontra said:

Hmmm... I get what you mean. But it is the best way to fit the lore. Every clan uses clanrats. 

Archived