Noone can defeat this player's SCE list

Carnivore

Another point is that with big blocks of troops you can also find fast ways to move; eg you might measure the front row and then just move the others up behind as they can't go further than their move that way. Tyranid players have survived for years moving loads of gaunts as have ork. 

I do think that attitude makes a big difference. Players who are inattentive and who dither or chatter the whole time are more likely to take longer; whilst those who are attentive and focused on moving will get it done quicker. Experience helps because that iwll speed up choice making, where indeed most time can be lost. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, Painbringer said:

I may be mistaken here, but maybe taking Sylvaneth could be a solution here. You can surround him with woods, or make him go through them, and you can also hide behind them (avoiding being targeted by ballista). Creating multiple smaller woods could help, because he also has multiple wizards (Evocators in the second list) and he may trigger "Roused by magic" ability by casting his spells. I have not played against this particular list that is mentioned by the OP, but I have played multiple times against Stormcast lists that have multiple Evocators (and other multi-wound units), and in all of these games, the approach was similar:
- Treelord using stomp and having artifact that gives -1 to hit can be very hard to deal with, even with all the rerolls. You can use him to lock some unit in combat and slowly kill it
- Branchwraith summons Dryads and then you use them to lock some unit in combat (in Woods, if possible)
- Tree-Revenants can try to take objectives or attack his Ballista
- If possible, create multiple smaller Wyldwoods and then keep casting spells. You have decent chance to slowly take out a few models every turn (I also play Drycha to help with mortal wounds output)

Of course, a lot of other things need to be taken into account: terrain, Realm rules (if used) and scenario that you play. 

The Stormcast players in my meta pretty much moved away from shooting lists due to all the Sylvaneth players we have. I don't play either army but from what I gathered the Stormcast shooting lists were pretty strong but virtually an auto lose against all the los blocking Sylvaneth can bring.

I honestly don't even consider this list unbeatable. 

This list have a 80% chance of destroying it(unless you are a god of rolling ones)

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
Huskard on Thundertusk (360)  
- Blood Vulture

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 79

You are definitely dropping less for deployment, and you are definitely deadlier if you go second. 

Your opponent have nothing that can survive a Stornhorn's charge. Given that it can fly for a 16" move, can run and charge.. nothing is safe.. 

Your Thundertusk will just murder them. 7 mortal wounds that can't be debuffed is really good. 

The spear chukkas will murder those heroes with the rerollable hits and +1  to hit against heroes. 

The 2x 20 Grots will cover an area so great they can forget about teleporting near your monster or war machines.

Just tell me how they can win your list.

In hero based objectives battleplan you can run up your grots to screen your Thundertusk and counter charge those artillery pieces when they drop with your flying Stornhorn.

For normal objectives based on numbers of models you are at an advantage.

Stormcast don't have advantage against destruction.

Returning models? Just delete them again. Heal up your Frostlord on Stornhorn and repeat.

Unless you are a god at rolling 1s, you will not lose. 

Something to remember that gets missed often. When attack with Rend against something we a reroll failed saves, you apply the reroll first then add in the Rend.

An example with Sequitors vs Morghasts would be: Morghasts attack with their Rend -2 halberds. Sequitors roll their 3+ save. If successful, they do not get to reroll as they "passed" the save. However, then Rend is applied and gives them an effective 5+ save. If they had rolled a 3 or 4, then they would still take the hit and suffer the effects and damage. If they had rolled a 1 or 2, then they get to reroll, before the Rend gets applied though.

Due to this kind of odd rules interaction, Rend is really good against high saves with rerolls as it neutralizes some of the their rerolling power.

7 hours ago, gnaleinad said:

I honestly don't even consider this list unbeatable. 

This list have a 80% chance of destroying it(unless you are a god of rolling ones)

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 
Huskard on Thundertusk (360)  
- Blood Vulture

Battleline
20 x Stabbas (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
- Spears & Shields

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 79

You are definitely dropping less for deployment, and you are definitely deadlier if you go second. 

Your opponent have nothing that can survive a Stornhorn's charge. Given that it can fly for a 16" move, can run and charge.. nothing is safe.. 

Your Thundertusk will just murder them. 7 mortal wounds that can't be debuffed is really good. 

The spear chukkas will murder those heroes with the rerollable hits and +1  to hit against heroes. 

The 2x 20 Grots will cover an area so great they can forget about teleporting near your monster or war machines.

Just tell me how they can win your list.

In hero based objectives battleplan you can run up your grots to screen your Thundertusk and counter charge those artillery pieces when they drop with your flying Stornhorn.

For normal objectives based on numbers of models you are at an advantage.

Stormcast don't have advantage against destruction.

Returning models? Just delete them again. Heal up your Frostlord on Stornhorn and repeat.

Playing BCR against slow footslogging stormcasts in 1250 pts games was banned by the Geneva Convention, you monster

I'm still having PTSD of that time when my army alpha striked and killed nearly all of a BCR army before the frostlord on stonehorn retaliated by killing every single one of my stormcast alone.

3 hours ago, Regabond said:

Something to remember that gets missed often. When attack with Rend against something we a reroll failed saves, you apply the reroll first then add in the Rend.

An example with Sequitors vs Morghasts would be: Morghasts attack with their Rend -2 halberds. Sequitors roll their 3+ save. If successful, they do not get to reroll as they "passed" the save. However, then Rend is applied and gives them an effective 5+ save. If they had rolled a 3 or 4, then they would still take the hit and suffer the effects and damage. If they had rolled a 1 or 2, then they get to reroll, before the Rend gets applied though.

Due to this kind of odd rules interaction, Rend is really good against high saves with rerolls as it neutralizes some of the their rerolling power.

Wow I never knew this! 

However you have to read the wording carefully.

The distinctive difference is "reroll failed saves" or "reroll saves".

Rend is useful against those that reroll failed saves, because you don't apply the rend first. 

Those that can reroll their saves can choose to reroll those that passed but will fail after the rend kicks in. 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Are you sure your skaven player played the skaven faction correctly?

edit: Or did he forget to bring his 240++ Clanrats with him?

Apparently he did not. He had 80 clanrats, and brought stuff like a warpfire canon an Thanquol.

My question was really like:

Why Thanquol?!? For 400 points he takes like 33% of the entire point pool.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:44 PM, Furuzzolo said:

What in the damn chaos-realm is this Warden King bringing to the battlefield in order to lose against two badcrafted slim-folded inflatable crossbows???

That's another fake-news post, unbelievable!

In another tournament he absolutely dominated all lists, but he had his canon with him. This time, he had no canon, as he concidered it to be " just unfair ".

I see what you all mean.

Thank you for all your kind suggestions!

Personally I will go with a list of deepstriking Beasts of Chaos. They have really ghood movement and can punch like a ton of bricks. The Primordial points ( did I spell that right? ) will give me good opportunities to put a lot of pressure on him.

My army will be build with a lot of Bestigors as the fundamential units, as they really buff themselves well, if they do a charge.

12 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Personally I will go with a list of deepstriking Beasts of Chaos. They have really ghood movement and can punch like a ton of bricks. The Primordial points ( did I spell that right? ) will give me good opportunities to put a lot of pressure on him.

My army will be build with a lot of Bestigors as the fundamential units, as they really buff themselves well, if they do a charge.

Well then good luck😉.

no go on and kill-slay tons of posterthings for mighty Skreech.

23 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

This time, he had no canon, as he concidered it to be " just unfair ".

UNFAIR?! 

That's the first time i see "Dispossessed" and "unfair" in the same sentence. And for Sigmar sake I lurk deep in the Dispossessed discussion. 

I have not faired too well vs Stormcast either.  However I think with the new tomes coming out the Gitz, hopefully Skaven, and even Beasts of Chaos might do the trick.  Beasts because they can have pretty easy summoning of bodies while bumrushing the enemy with fast hard hitters like Thunderscorn and Bullgors, and with Darkwalkers could teleport all over.  The Gitz have all kinda tricks nobody's had time to discover yet but I have high hopes.  Skaven with mass tides of rats is good, I like Gutter Runners too, who can avoid getting shot turn 1, then show up and shoot, and maybe make a super stabby charge.

The Sylvaneth would be super good with those woods.  I played a couple weekends ago vs them with my Legion of Azgorh (also a shooty army) and the woods were very frustrating indeed.  Small point games though, certainly does limit what one can take.

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I have not faired too well vs Stormcast either.  However I think with the new tomes coming out the Gitz, hopefully Skaven, and even Beasts of Chaos might do the trick.  Beasts because they can have pretty easy summoning of bodies while bumrushing the enemy with fast hard hitters like Thunderscorn and Bullgors, and with Darkwalkers could teleport all over.  The Gitz have all kinda tricks nobody's had time to discover yet but I have high hopes.  Skaven with mass tides of rats is good, I like Gutter Runners too, who can avoid getting shot turn 1, then show up and shoot, and maybe make a super stabby charge.

The Sylvaneth would be super good with those woods.  I played a couple weekends ago vs them with my Legion of Azgorh (also a shooty army) and the woods were very frustrating indeed.  Small point games though, certainly does limit what one can take.

I've fought my friend's BoC a few times with my stormcast, and they're relatively easy to control. They're almost always going to keep a weak unit and a hero near their herd-stone to sacrifice them for more summoning points,  it's basically another objective they need to defend because if you take out the unit and shaman it's pretty crippling for them. Only played once vs gitz and it was a fairly even game, but I was using a weaker list because the strong list isn't fun to play with as I haven't lost a single match with it yet, most often I end up tabling my opponents by turn 3 or 4. 

12 hours ago, Warfiend said:

I've fought my friend's BoC a few times with my stormcast, and they're relatively easy to control. They're almost always going to keep a weak unit and a hero near their herd-stone to sacrifice them for more summoning points,  it's basically another objective they need to defend because if you take out the unit and shaman it's pretty crippling for them. Only played once vs gitz and it was a fairly even game, but I was using a weaker list because the strong list isn't fun to play with as I haven't lost a single match with it yet, most often I end up tabling my opponents by turn 3 or 4. 

What's the list?

On 2/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, gnaleinad said:

Don't underestimate me ;) 

On 2/5/2019 at 9:15 PM, Regabond said:

They can still reroll the 3's as their base save is 4+ ( the positive save modifiers are also applied after rerolls).

Archived