Help needed. What is the most useless terrible model in the entire AOS/fantasy range?

Laststand

4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I can't believe the razorgor is getting such hate! I love that little dude. I bought one for no reason at all after reading the grand alliance chaos book (I think) 

Same here for the Salamander. Sure, it isn't the greatest looking model, and it hasnt aged well, but it isn't as bad as some others IMO.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Would your purposes be served even better if it was the ugliest 40k model rather than the ugliest AoS model?

We are all AOS players so want it to represent to some extent. Unless there was a truly terrible piece of 40k ****** we couldn't ignore.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:06 AM, Aginor said:

For me comcerning the Empire units it is mainly their faces. The clothes and equipment look OK if you like renaissance armies, but their heads and hands look... bloated? Kinda weird.

The effect you described is done in purpose.

Psychology, humans have certain subconscious cues.  We are trained to recognize certain features - head, shoulders, feet and hands - as "strong", if those features are exaggerated.  

So because miniatures are so small, GW (and most other mini sculpting companies) will exaggerate the head, feet, shoulders and hands of a given model, so that they look powerful and strong, when they are only about an inch and a half talk, and being viewed from about two feet away on a table.

Unfortunately, sometimes this technique isn't executed very well, and the effect just looks chunky and wierd.  The Free People look this way.  Cadians from the 40k line suffer from this, as well.

Models: Zombies, Dire Wolves, Fell Bats, Salamander, Frost Sabres, Night Runners, Gutter Runners, Keeper of Secrets, Bat Swarms, Vargulf, Icefall Yhetees, Plague Censer Bearers, Furies, Razorgor, Centigors, Gorgers, Saurus Knights...

Rules: Preyton is brilliantly worthless, IMHO

Archived