Help needed. What is the most useless terrible model in the entire AOS/fantasy range?

Laststand

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the currently available ones its got to be the Bat Swarms or Fell bats surely?

I can't think of anything that comes close to being that derpy.

Most of what people call "bad sculpts" are just older, or hand sculpted models which are a bit out of fashion in the CAD focused phase the game is presently going through. However, they are not, by any stretch of the imagination actually, objectively bad works of art. Everyone is going to have some that they like more than others, and nostalgia for that middlehammer era can be a deciding factor. I'm sure there must even be someone out there who thinks fell bats are cute!

3 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Saurus Knights (especially their mounts) also qualify for Legion of Derp.

Honorable mention: Almost all Empire units.

Saurus knights are truly the kings in this competition. They had awful models, which were replaced by plastic kit that was even worse.

The empire is prime example of the CAD-practice era. The models are clunky and have all sorts of small problems that make them look like toys. In a bad way :)

Just now, Jamopower said:

Saurus knights are truly the kings in this competition. They had awful models, which were replaced by plastic kit that was even worse.

The empire is prime example of the CAD-practice era. The models are clunky and have all sorts of small problems that make them look like toys. In a bad way :)

For me comcerning the Empire units it is mainly their faces. The clothes and equipment look OK if you like renaissance armies, but their heads and hands look... bloated? Kinda weird.

4 minutes ago, Aginor said:

For me comcerning the Empire units it is mainly their faces. The clothes and equipment look OK if you like renaissance armies, but their heads and hands look... bloated? Kinda weird.

Yeah, that's what I meant with those small problems. I recently built a box of black knights from the same era, and they look nice from the distance, but when you look at them close, there are all sorts of issues that no longer exist with the newer models where they have had time to learn how to do stuff. Nothing major, but combined they make the overall composition bad. Probably they also had big limitations in the beginnning with stuff like 3D printing resolution etc. where the technological advancement has gone very fast forward.

42 minutes ago, Aginor said:

IMO the easy to build skeletons are dire.

But Zombies, Razorgors, Swordmasters, and Saurus Knights (especially their mounts) also qualify for Legion of Derp.

Honorable mention: Almost all Empire units.

Do you mean the Shadespire guys? I'm curious what you don't like about them.

40 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

Do you mean the Shadespire guys? I'm curious what you don't like about them.

Nooo, those are awesome!!

I mean these guys:

https://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Skelettkrieger

Clunky, horrible proportions, just ugly. They are plastic, but they look like old resin models. And they are not that much cheaper, so IMO they are not worth it. Next to regular Skellies they are so obviously worse, it hurts.

3 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

C8ECCB0F-4117-4361-99D6-D8AAD868EB78.jpeg.1d410c7cef2b224b1e2e866db0a7c460.jpeg

I’m surprised no one else has said this yet. If you can get one of the Old Nagash models it has my vote. It’s kinda a classic for being such a bad sculpt honestly. 

I bought the old nagash and old spirit hosts to try and make a derp nagash. Was thinking of using chopsticks to make stilts for him so it would be the right height for modern nagash

58 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Nooo, those are awesome!!

I mean these guys:

https://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Skelettkrieger

Clunky, horrible proportions, just ugly. They are plastic, but they look like old resin models. And they are not that much cheaper, so IMO they are not worth it. Next to regular Skellies they are so obviously worse, it hurts.

That makes a lot more sense! Those old skeletons are so cartoony it hurts.

3 hours ago, Applesauce King said:

My vote is for the two enslaved women models that had crazy long and ripped abs...

They don't make those anymore... Needed them for a conversion so went to ebay... got them in a smaller scale for some reason 😂

The old Nagash is amazing in the silliest way! I still need to find one of those.

As for terrible model, my vote goes to Skaven Arch-Warlock (Ikit Claw) which, althought it *looks* cool in pictures, is a totally atrocious model to build because you need to re-sculpt half of the left arm in green stuff yourself. It's a nightmare, nothing fits.

If you're looking for silly, the old Skaven Assassin is a great choice. Or an old skaven slave. The Razorgor is also pretty terrible.

Archived