Just going through my image collections on imgur and found some models that I painted a while ago, but never really shared. This was further back around July of last year. Just thought I'd go ahead and share the beginning of the painting journey.

Here are some stormcast, back when I had them after soul wars released.

Never quite finished these, as I never went back and cleaned them up after most of the work was done.

Messed up the Evocator Prime's face quite a bit though, ha-ha.

voHvyPz.jpg

k4BKcF1.jpg

0S88Akj.jpg

Here are some Deepkin that I attempted to work on quite a bit ago. The Akhelian, I painted over until it became the blue eel with the yellow lightning pattern.

The Namarti Thralls I never finished before I sold them before GH 2019 came out, thinking I'd never use them. 

Of course, now they're useful again, so I'm buying to keep this time :P.

MC0kiTA.jpg

X8Urgs2.jpg

mZbpYkZ.jpg

hDHnJBs.jpg

29T3A4x.jpg

NsVlmG5.jpg

YBviq2c.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 1

Durthu is still in Stage 1: So he's looking very incomplete right now.

xSeGoOP.jpg

So, what can I tell you about Scale 75 Fantasy and Games Range? 

1) These paints are much thinner than the regular Scale 75... don't need much to any shaking like their cousins, which you need to shake to death. You also need to barely thin them, since they're really thin enough.

2) Coverage. So, over a white undercoat, most of the colors will adequately cover in one or two coats maximum. It was actually kind of insane, because I was covering deep browns with faded greens, crimson with bright orange, etc. Of course, sometimes it takes a couple coats. 

Also, I'm proud to announce that the mid-yellow color covered over the white primer in about one or two coats without a problem! 

3) The metallics are gorgeous, but the most difficult part of the Scale 75 range that I bought. Layering them over a dark steel didn't really work too well. Neither did layering them over a flat black... might try the vallejo gloss black sometimes and see if that helps.

4) Inks are great so far! The only ink on Durthu at the moment is a mix of violet + chestnut brown ink, which is on the main color of the wood. The wood was a deep bruised red before, now it's a deep wooden brown, but still with a hint of that red beneath.

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Sttufe said:

These miniatures don't get enough love, absolutely beautiful! The eidolon is my favorite, I love the general aesthetic of all your armies.

Thank you, Sttufe!! I'm glad that you like them! The Eidolon is also one of my favorites, though I'm tempted to go back and add a few details on him. Also want to eventually build and paint an Aspect of the Storm XP. 

Thanks again, means a lot to hear compliments like this on occassion! 😄

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
50 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Great job 👏, you are still proceeding with lightning speed? I have 3 more Sentinels to go to have finally 1,000 points finished. 

I hadn’t seen this before, I really love the colours of the Eidolon and the eels! 

*This threat needs the Lumineth tag : )

Thanks, @LuminethMage, some of these armies I don't have anymore. Mainly Sylvaneth and Daughters of Khaine, as I just had too many armies at that point.

Haha, well I actually took a break from my lumineth for a minute. I have some painting supplies on the way this week to revitalize my stock, and then I'm going to hop back into the lumineth again! So you should definitely see something from me this week 🙂!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Thanks, @LuminethMage, some of these armies I don't have anymore. Mainly Sylvaneth and Daughters of Khaine, as I just had too many armies at that point.

Haha, well I actually took a break from my lumineth for a minute. I have some painting supplies on the way this week to revitalize my stock, and then I'm going to hop back into the lumineth again! So you should definitely see something from me this week 🙂!

I see. I can totally understand that, I don’t know how you can even have more than one army : ). Looking forward to the second wave then. I’ll slow a bit down after my 1,000 just wanted to get that done. 

1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

How'd you get that really nice purple on the blades? It looks amazing.

Basically magos purple contrast over stormhost silver. The trick is that you kind of have to go back and forth with it by wiping off most of the excess paint, letting it dry, then applying thin another thin coat, etc, till you have the desired effect. I'm trying out volupus pink and am finding that it works a lot easier, you can even layer magos purple over it and get a blade like on the second Warden Commander with the lantern that I worked on.

• 5 months later...