Hi guys, 

Just looking for a place to share some of my stuff! I've painted a little before I decided to choose Idoneth Deepkin for my Age of Sigmar army. This is really my first foray at actually painting an entire army. I watch a lot of tutorials and paint videos in my spare time for fun, so I like to think that I've picked up a decent understanding of the essential techniques. Some of the more advanced stuff like wet blending still elude me, however.

Let me know what you think!

VVUCfIc.jpg%5BmPZrOeM.jpgCW73B0I.jpg0IJeM8W.jpg69xPISA.jpgeuJbp7E.jpg46Nkj7y.jpgyy2BUcC.jpgqmrXZQc.jpgLY3KNdd.jpgZZBBbd7.jpgQtsN7q4.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
Updating
  • Like 18

Looking good! I think painting the base rims would go a long way towards making them look fully finished, so if you weren’t planning to do so that would be my only real suggestion!

Love the patterns on the eel/shark skins in particular. 🙂

Thanks, Tommy, that means a lot. The Rep I received from everyone else means a lot too, so thanks for that😁!

I actually didn't think to paint the base rims, but now that you mention it, it is something I think I should be doing! 

So I'll be doing that once I've finished the army and have everything based. Thanks for the suggestion, Tommy!

Post Service Announcement: Just so it is known, I plan to continue all of these contrast models with further highlighting in the future. Right now, I am just trying to get all of my models to tabletop standard, which I have a ton😅. Once I've done all of that and completed the bases, I will move onto the highlighting stage. Sorry if it seemed that I wouldn't take it to that level, nothing wrong with tabletop standard, but I feel like I should try to go all the way. Especially since I'm accelerating this whole process, for me at least, at an unsuspected speed.

Kurnoth Hunter #3:
Zj2lp5r.jpg

6k1EOlO.jpg

D9Axndy.jpg

sDgjWvC.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
Updating

• 2 weeks later...

Am taking a break from the brush for a little while. Realized that I was trying to churn out miniatures too quickly, and not only burning myself out a little, but not getting models up to my usual standard (which is sometimes just tabletop, other times a bit more). I'm thinking on what I can do to achieve better results, and first thing is that I think I'm relying on contrast too much because I have mostly air paints to use alongside it... which doesn't leave me many alternatives to just hand brushing stuff... 

Going to try and mix and match traditional and contrast schemes and see what I get out of it.

Also, let me know if you guys want any lore on these three armies! I do have backstories for them, but no point fleshing them out if no one wants to see them lol.

JgLlZJu.jpg

Wfo1ZY6.jpg

DKYAu73.jpg

• Like 2

Going back and making some touch-ups, changes on the Treelord. Still WIP, will start adding highlights overtime, don't have the energy to spend all day on this one today lol. Still need to pick out leaves and change the color of the inner wood I think. I'm not really liking the plaguebearer green there. 

Before: 

sFKeuy4.jpg

After:

XEQpNK0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

20 Spites!

WFebwS0.jpg

Ppo2S45.jpg

So, the Paint Wagon has not been rolling here recently, as I've been preparing to move into my own place for the last couple of weeks. That, and my hobby supplies is in need of a critical refresh! I'll be rolling that out over the course of this month and hope to acquire what I need to reignite my hobbying. Just priming for right now though, hope to churn out something rather soon. 

Stay tuned!!!