10000 point battle

Waaagh1234

https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

I believe its in the Rulebook under Matched Play rules segment somewhere, but you can also get it from the Warscroll builder. Just open it up and then in the top right corner where the points value is click on 2000. That will open a mini window where you can set the points value for the game, it will then update the counts for leaders ,battleline etc... 

Multiply the requirements for 2,500 x 4 is what I would do, and would probably say battleline requirements are covered if you had enough for minimum sized units, regardless of how they’re grouped, to make it a little bit more doable.

To be fair most games that breach 3K tend to make a jump into being 5K or 10K games where its more about people putting down loads of models for the fun of an epic game rather than going for a balanced structure; since balance tends to break somewhat at the extreme point values. 

Gathering of Might on page 36 of the Generals Handbook 2018 details a setup for larger than normal games, however its set in teh narrative section and GW shies away from using points (oddly they say to use the matched play structure to build your army then in the next paragraph say to ignore points which is basically what matched play limits are all about sooo yeah someone who wrote that didn't like adding up numbers ;)). 

You can do it by logic, see how the values change per 500 points and just keep counting up:

Basically every 1000 points you get:
+2 leaders
+1 Battleline
+2 Behmoths (oddly it varies its +2 from 1 to 2  but only +1 from there to 3K but I'd wager +2 is sensible)
+2 Artillery
Allies 1/4 points and unit count. 

So basically you've got an ever increasing requirement for Battleline troops and an ever increasing upper limit for bigger stuff like Artillery. 

6 hours ago, Overread said:

To be fair most games that breach 3K tend to make a jump into being 5K or 10K games where its more about people putting down loads of models for the fun of an epic game rather than going for a balanced structure; since balance tends to break somewhat at the extreme point values. 

Gathering of Might on page 36 of the Generals Handbook 2018 details a setup for larger than normal games, however its set in teh narrative section and GW shies away from using points (oddly they say to use the matched play structure to build your army then in the next paragraph say to ignore points which is basically what matched play limits are all about sooo yeah someone who wrote that didn't like adding up numbers ;)). 

You can do it by logic, see how the values change per 500 points and just keep counting up:

Basically every 1000 points you get:
+2 leaders
+1 Battleline
+2 Behmoths (oddly it varies its +2 from 1 to 2  but only +1 from there to 3K but I'd wager +2 is sensible)
+2 Artillery
Allies 1/4 points and unit count. 

So basically you've got an ever increasing requirement for Battleline troops and an ever increasing upper limit for bigger stuff like Artillery. 

What I see is leaders adding +2 every thousand off of the 500. So 2500 +2, 3500 add another 2, 4500 +2. Same thing with Battleline with +1. But behemoths and artillery is just adding one every 500 points. Then you're right about the 1/4 for allies. 

We played a 8k battle last summer and from that experience I would definitely recommend the Gathering of Might rules from the rulebook. We tried without and not enough died. After a full days play a lot of things hadn't got in to the battle, especially with the Horde/summonable armies involved. We had no way of leaving it set up or even the time to play a second day so it was a little anticlimactic. 

Archived