The Trogherd Stirs - AOS Project Log

dillonjay21

Super excited to get back into sigmar after a few months focusing on some other games. However, with the concept of armies comprising of entirely trolls I couldn’t pass. Other than an entire army of gargants or a fleshing out of the darkoath range this was high on my list of armies I dreamt of doing.

So, I present the start of this force. Led by Oskog Sleepseeker, a trogherd is rising in the realm of life stirred awake in their caves by the deforestation of the swampland surrounding Grey Water Reach. Now they wish to storm out of their caves and bash the heads of those foolish enough to awake them. 

One thing I want to do with this force is for any grot unit I have I want to convert them into half troll types in order to keep that theme of a true trogherd. I have some ideas and have converted one shaman so far, but ignore zarbag as I just had him painted and threw him in there for fun. So far I got a unit of each trolls done, a gargant and some progress in Oskog himself. Let me know if you have any ideas on halftroll types for the army! 

E4B24D80-B182-496F-A66B-00AD7B52F01E.jpeg

6E86AE73-3260-4D8E-856A-D51168F8251D.jpeg

9AC3692F-E30A-4027-B10D-CA859F7E64A3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

Hi! For the grots "count as" on a Trogg army you can use LoTR goblins minis, mostly the "Escape from Goblintown" ones, they have a very misshappen and "troggothish" look... this is what I will do for mine... ;)

Cheers

AJ

That’s a great idea, I had seen them in the past, but had not thought of taking them that direction. 

Howver, here is my first half troll type, based off an urghul from blackstone fortress. Will represent a madcap shaman in game.

W.I.P of Rhazin Allseeing, the ghoulish troll known to brood in the darkest depths of the grey water swamps. Whispering to his pet snail and always by the feet of oskog, professing his admiration for the trogbosses leadership and forewarning him of the forces that lay outside their swamp home. 

6761BE6E-3CCE-4C8E-A573-06409B055646.jpeg

Got my first half troll done. Rhazin All-Seeing, hair troll and snail whisperer. Definitely looking forward to converting some Lotr goblins into more half trolls, as well as another urghul or two into hair trolls. Also, got Mollog and his boyz done for LVO underworlds Grand Clash this next Friday! 

2E93FEC9-CA7D-4C44-B9AD-256B18A1BA7A.jpeg

B78A4B45-3418-47BF-BE6F-3920827DD3CD.jpeg

70E3195B-EC66-4933-9757-0C2A717924F5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived