Not getting pick a model with this command ability

Itchie

Question

Hello all,

I am new'ish to the game but I am seeing more and more of this type of wording on command abilities.

"If you do so, pick 1 friendly model with this command ability. In that combat..."

Needing help understanding how it is different then just leaving it out of the command ability. Being that if that model can use it you would just use it on that model to begin with. Seems like it just over complicates things.

Fyi, example taken from Loonboss on Mangler squid but seeing it pop-up more and more. Just not following the logic behind it. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

The use of the wording is if you have more than one model with the ability to use. In this case you have to activate the ability for each individual hero and not allowed to spend a single command point on using the ability with every model with this particular ability.

using the Loonboss as an example if you have more than one loonboss you have to use a command point for each use of the ability 

17 hours ago, Itchie said:

Hello all,

I am new'ish to the game but I am seeing more and more of this type of wording on command abilities.

"If you do so, pick 1 friendly model with this command ability. In that combat..."

Needing help understanding how it is different then just leaving it out of the command ability. Being that if that model can use it you would just use it on that model to begin with. Seems like it just over complicates things.

Fyi, example taken from Loonboss on Mangler squid but seeing it pop-up more and more. Just not following the logic behind it. Thanks in advance.

Note that models never use command abilities. They are just points of measurement and as such stated in most command abilities (but not all). It is always you who uses the command ability. The rest is covered by @King Taloren.

Archived