Hammerhal... Full sprues? & Silver Tower without cards?

Kramer

Hi all, 

I Blackstone got me excited for the AoS Quest boxes. Somebody offered to sell Silver Tower without the models nor the cards. 

So first question, If I get all the advisarry and hero cards online somewhere, can I just play Silver Tower with different opponents? Say my Skaven Collections vs. Some of the heroes I have lying around?

Second, As I'm planning to buy some Putrid Blightkings for a Skirmish warband the Hammerhal set seems €40 cheaper then before ;) Just for the extra bits, do you get the full sprues or can you only assemble them in one way?

Thanks in advance! 

Yes you could do Silver Tower with other models - there are rules in White Dwarf for various models most recently Night Haunt stuff but others as well.  Would have to write a titanic conclusion but could make it work or you could just use 'counts as' rules.  I did that using my Warhammer collection to stand in for the Silver Tower minis that I hadn't painted yet.

I don't think you could play Silver Tower fully without the cards, the game uses an 'exploration deck' to generate the dungeons, and you would also be missing out on the treasure and skill cards used to upgrade your heroes, without the models or cards you pretty much just have the room tiles, rule booklets and some miscellaneous tokens!

All the kits in Hammerhal are full sprues that you can assemble however you like, it's literally the full contents of the Bloodreaver, Kairic Acolytes and Blightking boxes you could buy straight off GWs shelves.  (Well, half the contents for Kairic Acolytes I think, as it's only ten models, but it's full sprues with all options+bits present in any case.)

7 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I don't think you could play Silver Tower fully without the cards, the game uses an 'exploration deck' to generate the dungeons, and you would also be missing out on the treasure and skill cards used to upgrade your heroes, without the models or cards you pretty much just have the room tiles, rule booklets and some miscellaneous tokens!

All the kits in Hammerhal are full sprues that you can assemble however you like, it's literally the full contents of the Bloodreaver, Kairic Acolytes and Blightking boxes you could buy straight off GWs shelves.  (Well, half the contents for Kairic Acolytes I think, as it's only ten models, but it's full sprues with all options+bits present in any case.)

13 hours ago, gjnoronh said:

Yes you could do Silver Tower with other models - there are rules in White Dwarf for various models most recently Night Haunt stuff but others as well.  Would have to write a titanic conclusion but could make it work or you could just use 'counts as' rules.  I did that using my Warhammer collection to stand in for the Silver Tower minis that I hadn't painted yet.

Thanks both! I think I’ll just let this pass and wait for a good deal on hammerhal as I can use the models or if o get an exceptionally good deal on a complete silver tower. 

Again thank you!

Archived