Blades of the Blood and...

Souleater

This week I am wondering about Vampires. There are a few Blades of the Blood Queen Kicking around at discounted prices. 
SC Malignants would add Throne and I think the hexwraiths can be built as Black Knights. Would it be a good add on? 

SC FEC could be built as VLoZD. Then use the GK on foot to call in the ten ghouls. 

While i plan to play with a vampire as general (mainly from a fluffy POV) I would like to collect a.mix of Death units, I think.

Thoughts?

You are on the right path.  It is a good way to help your death collection become more well rounded and save some money.  So get them all.  Be ready to get more than one.  I bought two SC FEC and another two of the SC Mortarch boxes.

Rather than rebase most of my miniatures I bought one or more of all the combined-death box sets.  Then normal boxes for  extra skelletons,  morghasts, etc.    If anything it has been something of a homecoming since my start was when they only had one book in the 90s.

Yeah, I have been looking at the Dire Wolves...and I am not a huge fan.

The Fenris Wolves are gorgeous models, however.  I think they would be perfect with an appropriate paint job.

In the end I have ordered a couple of SC! FEC. By the time I get them painted Carrion Empire and potentially other FEC goodies should be in sight.

Edit: and I have ten old school metal ghouls from back in the day! 😁

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

Yeah, I have been looking at the Dire Wolves...and I am not a huge fan.

Edit: and I have ten old school metal ghouls from back in the day! 😁

I have ten of the plastic zombie dire wolves.  They came from the 7th(?) Vampire counts box set and needed the newer bases.  If anything they were assembly intensive with endless painting needs.  Really liking how they turned out but not goinging through that rigamarole again.

Those metal ghouls were great skirmishers.  I used them and fell bats for mobile harassers.  Although the ghouls were pretty solid on a flank charge.

Archived