Skirmish and spells/abilities with a range

Backbreaker

Question

Hello,

I'm goingt to introduce AoS with Skirmishto my friends, starting small warbands based on Shadespire team and grow bigger if they enjoy the game (I'm sure they will).

One of our player saw something : there are spells and abilities that affect every unit in a certain radius. For example, knight incanto's signature spell (1MW to every ennemy units within 18") or Knight Azyros (once per game, D3MW to each ennemy units within 8"). 

GW limited invocation, enless spells, but I'm not seeing anything about such issues... 

For know, I think we are just going to not use this unit but I'm wondering if we missed something...

Are there any limitations for these issues ? How would you deal with that ?

Thanks !

Ps : I didn't see a forum for skirmish rules, I hope my question is in the right place...

4 answers to this question

I played a skirmish campaign with 7 players starting at 150 renown and ending with a multi-player battle once the first player's warband was larger than 500 renown. We used the following house rule from another Skirmish rule set. 

Rule of Three

The 1st Rule of Three: In any phase a single model may only attack or use an ability against a maximum of three enemy models.

The 2nd Rule of Three: In a single TURN a player may only inflict up to a three Mortal Wounds onto the enemy players army. Any additional abilities or attack which generate further Mortal Wounds instead inflict a normal wound with a rend characteristic of '-' and a damage value of 1.

The rule of three balanced things out and we had no problems.

Archived