If I won the lottery I would....

Ben

do all the usual stuff that we've already said...

and...

I'd buy a prime commercial real estate spot in the highest footfall area of town and basically let my local GW sit in it for the rent it's paying now.

this would be a think you for firstly going into his store and asking for a grand in vouchers and then taking them to warhammer world to spend.

You'd be loathed by both of them!

and...

On my birthday I'd put maybe a hundred behind the till for every year I'm celebrating and the first that many customers get to spend it in store - providing they buy something first.

I'd have the AoS game of awesome on that day, massive table and people can just bring stuff and put it on so the game just keeps rolling all day.

and I'd buy cake...

lots of cake...

in fact I'd probably have made the store into a quasi GW cafe' as it would pull the parents in beautifully knowing that their kids were having fun under their watchful eye whilst drinking my coffee.

:)

Bit late to this party, but there would be the usual "quality of life" improvements - so sort out a house, family etc, stop working (at least for somebody else) and make some sensible investments & donations.

I'd probably then look into pursuing a few things.  I'd love to set up a decent gaming venue down in the Wiltshire area, so easy access to hobby supplies, big enough to hold decent sized events, bar/cafe and place that people want to come and visit.  Off the back of that some kind of super fast paint delivery company - need a pot of paint?  Order it online and get it the next day without having to pay twice the price of the pot in postage!  I'd then want to look into improving the painting & getting into 3d sculpting as more personal goals.

Oh and a yacht sounds like fun ;) 

I'd hit all the longer distance tournaments and events that I'd wanted to go to.

I'd hire someone to organize and SELL my unused old miniatures collection  that i don't have time to do so.  

Update the hobby room to be the hobby room of my dreams.

Start a local scholarship for several young wargaming players.        

• 2 weeks later...

If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is fly to everyone who moans on the forum's houses in a Jay and Silent Bob stylee and bury them alive beneath 200,000 badly painted chaos marauders.

The rest of the money I'd just waste.

Hobby dreams if I would be a millionaire/billionaire?

Creating a gaming/hobby/event center, that could house large scale tournaments (not LVO size, but hundreds of people), and in the "off time", it could be used for cons and other geeky gatherings and past times.

Sort out family and friends debts and maybe a litte extra, but it would have to be earned like a talent show or who can deliver the best presentation of why they like me....

Warhammerwise I’d:

-Commission a scultptor like Rudyk, Carassco or the fella that sculpted the Chaos Dwarfs to sculpt me a Titan Size Galrauch and a Titan Size Kholek to complete my 7ed Chaos monster army.

- Have a House with a basement/room where I can display my armies with terrain and features. And have a workshop space large enough to work on said Titan Sized monsters.

- probably more commisions for all the cool stuff I want but sn’t made and I can’t make...a loy of Total war based models.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:16 AM, Ben said:

What is everyone else’s hobby day dreams? 

I would do a few things, but I am with you in that I would open a large gaming center.  I would use it for purely selfish reasons and to build a community hub for games that I personally want to play.  I would open it up for anything gaming related, but I won't lie in that my main involvement would be the games that I want to spend my time with and promote.

Assuming that the windfall was enough money to comfortably retire while supporting my family I would also found an indie software game studio.  I work in software and game design is cool, but there is honestly little incentive to work in that industry compared to traditional software.  But if you own the studio, don't care too much about ever expanding profit, and are not beholden to shareholders then it would be nice to spend time building things that are passion projects.

Archived