The Witherstave vs Frightful Touch

Melcar

Question

Hi...

I had a debate this evening playing against one of my friends who plays Nurgle. I play LoN and ran some Spirit Hosts.

Now the Frightful Touch ability says:

"If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with Spectral Claws and Daggers is 6, that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound and the attack sequence ends (do not make a wound or save roll)"

The Witherstave says: "Reroll hit-rolls of 6 for enemy units while they are within 12" of the bearer."

The question is, how does one resolve the attack if the spirit hosts rolls a 6 on to hit-rolls?

We are unsure if the spirit hosts are affected by the artifact, since it says that the attack sequence ends...

Any clarification would be helpful

Cheers!

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Melcar said:

Now the Frightful Touch ability says:

"If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with Spectral Claws and Daggers is 6, that attack inflicts 1 mortal wound and the attack sequence ends (do not make a wound or save roll)"

The Witherstave says: "Reroll hit-rolls of 6 for enemy units while they are within 12" of the bearer."

The question is, how does one resolve the attack if the spirit hosts rolls a 6 on to hit-rolls?

We are unsure if the spirit hosts are affected by the artifact, since it says that the attack sequence ends...

I would definitely reroll the 6's before taking the mortal wounds into account.  Rerolls are the first 'thing' you do to dice in the comabt phase. 

"The attack sequence ends" is just terminology.  They could just as easily say, "Do not make a wound roll because this attack did a mortal wound instead of normal damage."

That's my two cents.

Archived