Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Can we get any more info on what the eventual starter set is going to be like? Or maybe what I mean is the wait between core book and starter set.

I would love to buy a preorder bundle that includes both because I intend to get EVERYTHING for this game but I'll need a good starter set to get my group of pure D&D players into it.

We'll be talking about the starter set more soon, but for now it will follow a similar line to WFRP: an adventure book, a region/city guide, premade characters, handouts etc. We're hoping to launch it very soon after the release of the corebook

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Oh, yeah, then :) I hope so !

Anyway I'm still massively hyped for this release (with the 3 GW authors mentioned in Cubicle7 article from last week being (relatively) talkative about it on social media !)

Sorry, yes we'll have a nice big map of the Great Parch. The other realms will come in time

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, michu said:

Could you tell if it's Hammerhall Aqsha or it's too soon?

I can confirm it is NOT Hammerhal :)

34 minutes ago, xking said:

I meant Sub-region maps, like a map of Bataar with provinces and settlements, areas of interest on it.  Similar to the maps in some of your other RPGs  

The map will be highly detailed and will allow you to zoom in to see these kinds of elements yes

• LOVE IT! 3

6 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

It's only Order factions for now - archetypes for other factions are to come later. 

Yeah but Ogor Mercenaries, at least in Fantasy, were known for fighting alongside other factions as mercenaries.99810213014_ManeaterPirateNEW01.jpg

I would love to see an official army of this guys being part of the Order Grand Alliance. Same with the old Tomb Kings.

Edited by Mungrun

2 hours ago, Emmetation said:

We'll be talking about the starter set more soon, but for now it will follow a similar line to WFRP: an adventure book, a region/city guide, premade characters, handouts etc. We're hoping to launch it very soon after the release of the corebook

Sorry, yes we'll have a nice big map of the Great Parch. The other realms will come in time

Okay...

1 hour ago, Emmetation said:

I can confirm it is NOT Hammerhal :)

The map will be highly detailed and will allow you to zoom in to see these kinds of elements yes

... It's perfect. 

I'm sorry if I sounded too negative above, I just WANT IT ALL. Don't worry, I'll wait and gladly get 8 Realms supplements, if they are as good as your WFRP 4th books (between what you showed us of your work so far, and the implications of @JReynolds, David Guymer, Clint L Werner and Johan Grenier, I'm sure it will :D

26 minutes ago, Mungrun said:

Yeah but Ogor Mercenaries, at least in Fantasy, were known for fighting alongside other factions as mercenaries.

Oh, I know (and believe me I love ogres, I even played one in a campaign a long while back) but regardless I wouldn't expect to see them here. Ogres as mercenaries alongside more civilized races is more an Old World thing as you say. I'm not even sure it's still a canon thing in AOS - they seem to have made ogres even dumber and more savage in AOS. 

Just now, robinlvalentine said:

Oh, I know (and believe me I love ogres, I even played one in a campaign a long while back) but regardless I wouldn't expect to see them here. Ogres as mercenaries alongside more civilized races is more an Old World thing as you say. I'm not even sure it's still a canon thing in AOS - they seem to have made ogres even dumber and more savage in AOS. 

Oh, sheet... That's sad. I hope GW reconsider that, Ogor Mercenaries were unique.

10 minutes ago, Mungrun said:

Oh, sheet... That's sad. I hope GW reconsider that, Ogor Mercenaries were unique.

Even if indeed, as far as we can tell, Ogors are not in the Mercenary business any more (because Ghur-savages-Gorkamorka) at least in their majority (notably, some Beastclaw Riders worked for Archaon, but that's not reflected in the rules), AOS is wide enough a setting to still have Maneaters equivalents. 

Also, in a recent (c. AOS2) short stories, there was a city with ORRUK MERCHANTS. So Maneaters are still totally possible in the lare scope of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, xking said:

Not all Ogors are Maneaters/gutbusters.   There are Ogor freeguild, but they are not destruction.

Yeah as said above the setting have room for such combinaison and its great, but in terms of rules it kinda clash with the grand alliance system (like the Archaon serving Beastclaw Raiders I mentioned). 

But which book does the Freeguild Ogors come from, I don't remember ? One of those Mannfred Realmgates Wars stories ?

8 hours ago, Mungrun said:

If you want to play an Ogor mercenary, why not ask your GM.  It shouldn't be too difficult to adapt the system to suit.  That's the beauty of role-playing - anything is possible ( especially in 9 almost infinite Realms ).

8 hours ago, Aelfric said:

If you want to play an Ogor mercenary, why not ask your GM.  It shouldn't be too difficult to adapt the system to suit.  That's the beauty of role-playing - anything is possible ( especially in 9 almost infinite Realms ).

I don't think we will be able to (or should be able to) play in the Realm Of Chaos - one would become instantly insane / mutated / destroyed in it (without the good godlike protections, that is :P)

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I don't think we will be able to (or should be able to) play in the Realm Of Chaos - one would become instantly insane / mutated / destroyed in it (without the good godlike protections, that is :P)

Well, that's true enough, but at least one Stormcast Eternal has returned from the Realm of Chaos if memory serves.  Also, one of my most memorable role-playing experiences was playing Call of Cthuhlu which did involve going to another realm for the Grand Finale and did end up with my character going horribly insane and being deliberately left there for all eternity by the rest of the party.  I loved it.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Well, that's true enough, but at least one Stormcast Eternal has returned from the Realm of Chaos if memory serves.  Also, one of my most memorable role-playing experiences was playing Call of Cthuhlu which did involve going to another realm for the Grand Finale and did end up with my character going horribly insane and being deliberately left there for all eternity by the rest of the party.  I loved it.

Ohhh that's pretty cool (well not for your character anyway) ! And absolutely fitting the lovecraftian atmosphere Warhammer also shares...

I just hope the people of the Mortal Realms doesn't try to regularly  and casually enter the Realm of Chaos :P  ... stories like Gardus' should remain exceptional to mark the heroism and dangerousness of such a deed.

But as a GM I'd love to try to world-build a non Euclidian space to explore :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But as a GM I'd love to try to world-build a non Euclidian space to explore

I have to say that one of the things that fascinates me about the Realm of Chaos is that, paradoxically, the more one of the big 4 Chaos Gods controls a particular area of it, the more structured that area seems to become.  I think role-playing in the Realm of Chaos is best left for the individual GM to decide rather than having a game supplement, as that would, again paradoxically, only restrict the imagination.  I would say go for it! (You only have your sanity to lose :))

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, Emmetation said:

Yep. The sea along the Charwind Coast near Anvilgard is quite an interesting spot. There's plenty of others too. The Mordacious Sound has a heap of Idoneth

Since you are answering these questions, will we get info on Fulminax? dis currently imprisioned in the Great Parch I would like to know more about the nature and history of this Realmstone Elemental.

23 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Even if indeed, as far as we can tell, Ogors are not in the Mercenary business any more (because Ghur-savages-Gorkamorka) at least in their majority (notably, some Beastclaw Riders worked for Archaon, but that's not reflected in the rules), AOS is wide enough a setting to still have Maneaters equivalents. 

Also, in a recent (c. AOS2) short stories, there was a city with ORRUK MERCHANTS. So Maneaters are still totally possible in the lare scope of the Mortal Realms.

Maneaters are specifically stated to be the Mercenary Ogor faction.

Edited by Ashendant

14 hours ago, Ashendant said:

Since you are answering these questions, will we get info on Fulminax? dis currently imprisioned in the Great Parch I would like to know more about the nature and history of this Realmstone Elemental.

Maneaters are specifically stated to be the Mercenary Ogor faction.

I'm also interested to know where the current, AOS2-updated fluff, is about the Flamescar Plateau. 

In AOS1 Firestorm, the whole plateau belongs to the Agloraxi magocracy. 

In AOS2 Core Book, the region is fragmented and only the fallen (literally) city of Ahramentia is said to be Aglorxian territory. 

And yeah about Ogors, I was talking in terms of rules. There is currently no rules to represent ORDER Maneaters, even if they are there in the fluff.

The point being that the RPG will (at first) only allows for ORDER characters...

10 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I think that even in Firestorm the Agloraxi were an ancient, long-dead civilisation 

Yes. But in Firestorm all the locations belonged to that long-dead empire.

In the Core Book (and other post AOS2 fictions, including the Malign Portents campaigns IIRC) its different. But that fluff was quite cool so I'd like to know what its the current situation, I hope the RPG answers that.