Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Interesting mix, will be curious to see how they keep them on the same level. Like, there's a big difference between a Stormcast or Deepkin Hero and a Witch Aelf or Freeguild Soldier. I assume it comes in with extra feats/skills/stats or whatever.

I agree that power level in regards to class and station and general fluff elements shouldn't matter, that a party has place for a beggar and a prince and everyone in between. I am puzzled though upon looking at the other PC choices why they didn't go with 'Freeguild General' and 'Slaughter Queen' for those Order factions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so looking forward to running a game with this, and that cover art is metal as the bunch of asterisks that'll replace what I want to type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I really hope the gryph hound is a playable character ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

In the video they say its a pet, though I think they got it wrong. I think they meant that the gryph hound character gets to take a pet stormcast with it ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wait to make a campaign with my Vermintide XIII antagonists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I hope Dispossessed are playable. I'd love to play a Runelord.

They aren’t. All the archetypes have been named.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

They aren‚Äôt. All the archetypes haveÔĽŅ been named.

This isn't right.  There are more coming than those named in the article.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also note that the Archetypes are not all, they noted that they are giving tools to create characters that are not archetypes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Okay that art is great, love the Warhammer Quest throwback.

I love how you can play both a mighty Stormcast Heroes, a former solider of the free people AND a huge treeman.

Good news about the fluff (and the very expected Great Parch focus), but I sure darn hope we'll have ARTWORKS and MAPS of all the Realms (I fear I'm repeating myself here but... including Azyr!), and more details on the Great Parch than what we have in the Core Book as of now (which is already very good ; I just want to know more about Hammerhal Aqsha, based on the excellent WHQ Shadows Over Hammerhal "novel").

Any comments on that last part  @Emmetation ?? (and thank you for the news) :P:P

Thats actually a good point. Azyr would be the starting point for a lot of expeditions in the realms. I can understand that AoS itself doesnt focus that much on the realm of heavens since its pretty much safe and without any big battles, an RPG would be the perfect place to explore Sigmars home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got so hype. I need to sit down now. Goodness. GOOD. NESS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Good news about the fluff (and the very expected Great Parch focus), but I sure darn hope we'll have ARTWORKS and MAPS of all the Realms (I fear I'm repeating myself here but... including Azyr!), and more details on the Great Parch than what we have in the Core Book as of now (which is already very good ; I just want to know more about Hammerhal Aqsha, based on the excellent WHQ Shadows Over Hammerhal "novel").

I'm the opposite reaction. Aqshy AGAIN? Can't GW spend a bit of time fleshing out somewhere else for a change? Maybe a bit of Chamon? Exploring what a Ghurish village based on a giant worm's back would be like? How about the other side of Hammerhal - Ghyra - get at least a LITTLE elaboration?

Part of me understands that it's explicitly because Aqshy is the most expounded upon that makes it the ideal basis for an RPG... but regardless, it feels like anything beyond Aqshy (and to a lesser extent, Shyish) gets glossed over. Much like how all the named models are specifically from the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost instead of characterizing any of the other stormhosts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Thats actually a good point. Azyr would be the starting point for a lot of expeditions in the realms. I can understand that AoS itself doesnt focus that much on the realm of heavens since its pretty much safe and without any big battles, an RPG would be the perfect place to explore Sigmars home. 

I wrote up a big thing on Azyr, its cultures (human and otherwise) and various potential adventure hooks, so we'll see if that makes it past IP. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

I wrote up a big thing on Azyr, its cultures (human and otherwise) and various potential adventure hooks, so we'll see if that makes it past IP. 

I hope so !!! And don't be afraid of the IP guys, I think they trust you and generally let you having a bit of creative freedom (like establishing the location of Sigmaron on Mount Celestian in your (excellent) Soul Wars , instead of "in space" as it was in AOS first ed.) ;) 

Azyr_Sigmaron.png.51f4249d1cf577d2b3332408593ad86f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kimarous said:

I'm the opposite reaction. Aqshy AGAIN? Can't GW spend a bit of time fleshing out somewhere else for a change? Maybe a bit of Chamon? Exploring what a Ghurish village based on a giant worm's back would be like? How about the other side of Hammerhal - Ghyra - get at least a LITTLE elaboration?

Part of me understands that it's explicitly because Aqshy is the most expounded upon that makes it the ideal basis for an RPG... but regardless, it feels like anything beyond Aqshy (and to a lesser extent, Shyish) gets glossed over. Much like how all the named models are specifically from the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost instead of characterizing any of the other stormhosts...

Oh, the more is best, I agree. It's just that as AOS is a relatively young (and wide) setting, having a strong focus of a certain land, from its grains of sand to its god beasts and celestial objects, is necessary if we want to engage as DM in in-depth world building.

I hope with all my heart that different central areas of other Realms will get the Great Parch treatment later. We just need to have one location really well explored before, to show the possibilities (and by one location I mean one BIG location, knowing that Hammerhall Aqsha must be the "size of a continent" (maybe like Europe ?) and the Brimstone Peninsula must be the "size of Russia" (from a Stormcast Podcast interview...)). 

And from what I understood from yesterday's news, there will also be smaller focus on typical side of life in EVERY Realms, so for Ghur I think a city on the back of a giant worm is totally feasible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I hope so !!! And don't be afraid of the IP guys, I think they trust you and generally let you having a bit of creative freedom (like establishing the location of Sigmaron on Mount Celestian in your (excellent) Soul Wars , instead of "in space" as it was in AOS first ed.) ;) 

Azyr_Sigmaron.png.51f4249d1cf577d2b3332408593ad86f.png

Funnily enough, I didn't make that up. I asked IP because anything having to do with Azyr goes through IP.  So, officially, the Sigmarabulum is in space ('the Firmament').  Sigmaron is on the highest peak in Azyr, overlooking Azyrheim (on the same mountain(s) where the Pantheon gathered). 

And Sigmar Lane is, of course, in North Azyrheim, west of Rodeo Drive.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Funnily enough, I didn't make that up. I asked IP because anything having to do with Azyr goes through IP.  So, officially, the Sigmarabulum is in space ('the Firmament').  Sigmaron is on the highest peak in Azyr, overlooking Azyrheim (on the same mountain(s) where the Pantheon gathered). 

And Sigmar Lane is, of course, in North Azyrheim, west of Rodeo Drive.

Ahaha, and yeah! Well it was different in the original "core" book, as it says the Sigmarabulum spun beneath Sigmaron, which is where Sigendil shines (Sig sig sig :P).

SigmaronInSpace.png.1201ff8b38512eeac33ba30e60fb1467.png

Anyway the Sigmarabulum is a more important / interesting location than the palace itself I guess.

And I love the new artwork about it. I hope there will be more about it in the RPG !

1848345625_Azyr_UponTheSigmarabulum.jpg.853e5b14e9a95d4d2d23ecf5c36cc690.jpg

Oh and please write something IRL about Sigmar¬†Lane¬†‚̧ԳŹ

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they flesh out the Mortal Realms and when it is set in the timeline. 

The cover is very exciting. I love the Mixed Grand Alliance: Order party. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that some DM will make adventure where in the end everyone will discover that they are FEC ūüėĀ

  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the 'power levels' are higher than that of a D&D hero (hence Kurnoth Hunters as playable characters, I guess). I was thinking of running a game about a tribe being captured by Bloodbound and forced into the ranks of the reavers, telling a sort of Prison/POW escape story (with the possibility of Khornate corruption), but maybe the system won't support that kind of scale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 10:39 AM, Emmetation said:
Hi all,
 
Exciting news! The cover for the Age of Sigmar RPG will be revealed live on Warhammer TV on Twitch this Thursday the 21st at 4pm GMT.
 
Following the reveal we'll be sharing some more details about the Age of Sigmar RPG on our website and social media channels, so keep your eyes peeled! After the reveal and the news, feel free to send any questions my way.
 
I'm really excited to finally be able to share this with everyone! Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.
 
All the best
- Emmet

Will the AoS setting material be similarly formatted to that in "The Realm of Sommerlund" book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pseudonyme Brilliant. It could go like that:

After players defeated the Big Bad they wait for DM to tell them about the results of their bravery. What they hear is:

"After king Malethor was slain and devoured by feral ghouls, his army went into disarray. Nothing could stop the hordes of Skullbasher Kaeghir now. The city of Ravellin was doomed and thousands of skulls will be sacrificed to the Blood God today. Kingdom of the Ashdust Plains will join other civilizations in oblivion. Such is the life in the Mortal Realms - short, cruel and spiteful."

Edited by michu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, xking said:

Will the AoS setting material be similarly formatted to that in "The Realm of Sommerlund" book?

I actually don't have the Realm of Sommerlund book handy, so I'll need to check when I get back to the office.

40 minutes ago, Klamm said:

I know the 'power levels' are higher than that of a D&D hero (hence Kurnoth Hunters as playable characters, I guess). I was thinking of running a game about a tribe being captured by Bloodbound and forced into the ranks of the reavers, telling a sort of Prison/POW escape story (with the possibility of Khornate corruption), but maybe the system won't support that kind of scale. 

We have "hard mode" options in the GM Toolkit that presents rules for playing as more low-level characters. Our WFRP book already does a brilliant job of these type of characters so it made no sense for Age of Sigmar to have the same focus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Emmetation said:

I actually don't have the Realm of Sommerlund book handy, so I'll need to check when I get back to the office.

We have "hard mode" options in the GM Toolkit that presents rules for playing as more low-level characters. Our WFRP book already does a brilliant job of these type of characters so it made no sense for Age of Sigmar to have the same focus.

So I understand that you're going to detail the "Great parch" region of the realm of Fire. How deep are you going to go with this? Are you talkin sub-regions, Nations and provinces? As well as trade goods and resources?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, xking said:

So I understand that you're going to detail the "Great parch" region of the realm of Fire. How deep are you going to go with this? Are you talkin sub-regions, Nations and provinces? As well as trade goods and resources?

We'll be breaking it up into regions, such as the Flamescar Plateau, Aridian, Bataar, Aspiria, etc. and then detailed important locations within those areas. We'll have sections discussing daily life, how people live and trade, where they get crops and food etc. The Great Parch has, unsurprisingly, often been shown as an arid desert, but there is a wide array of environments there. Its been a lot of fun to explore how people survive in this climate and landscape and how things have changed since the Age of Chaos.

  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

√ó