Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

Hi all,

Exciting news! The cover for the Age of Sigmar RPG will be revealed live on Warhammer TV on Twitch this Thursday the 21st at 4pm GMT.

Following the reveal we'll be sharing some more details about the Age of Sigmar RPG on our website and social media channels, so keep your eyes peeled! After the reveal and the news, feel free to send any questions my way.

I'm really excited to finally be able to share this with everyone! Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

All the best
- Emmet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I loved the old WFRP back in the day, I haven't checked out the new edition but their LOTR game is awesome and I think this game is going to be great.  I am glad they have a new system for it because the mortal realms is a very different place than the old world.  Also I just love the Nighthaunts in this, the look great (although I know we can't play them yet).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I really hope the gryph hound is a playable character 🤣🤣🤣

They did say PCs will be able to take them as pets! 

1 minute ago, michu said:

Cubicle 7 updated their site.http://cubicle7.co.uk/age-of-sigmar-cover-reveal-update/

One of archetypes is "Realmswalker". Maybe it's that unaligned monk from Malign Portents videos?

There's a character in The Silver Shard that I believe is referred to as a Realmswalker... basically a legendary adventure who travels across the Realms.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, michu said:

Cubicle 7 updated their site.http://cubicle7.co.uk/age-of-sigmar-cover-reveal-update/

One of archetypes is "Realmswalker". Maybe it's that unaligned monk from Malign Portents videos?

Interesting mix, will be curious to see how they keep them on the same level. Like, there's a big difference between a Stormcast or Deepkin Hero and a Witch Aelf or Freeguild Soldier. I assume it comes in with extra feats/skills/stats or whatever.

But how important is intra-party power balance really? If it's basically something like Warhammer Quest with a few more rules then maybe but if it's an actual roleplaying game then should it matter?

Sure your normal sized, looking and powered human might want to make himself look busy at the back of the party if you're up against a rampaging Bloodthirster but if you're writing interesting adventures then there will surely be plenty of situations where they can do a lot of things that your 8ft tall murder monk or a sentient tree can't.

I saw this come up on a board the other day, someone complaining, at excruciating ****** length (of course), that Cubicle 7 had ****** the bed with 4th ed. WFRP because Elf PCs were stronger than humans, who could never catch up on power levels. Seriously if that's what matters shouldn't you just be playing something like Witcher or Dark Souls?

Like I'm not sure that a game where you can start off as a Halfling beggar or a High Elf Noble is really worrying about that kind of thing.

Plus it ignores all the interesting stuff it throws up, sure that Elf Noble might be all kinds of badass in a fight compared to your pox ridden human rat catcher but if 90% of your games are set in and amongst a backward, superstitious, fearful human population then again that throws up loads of situations where ol' pointy ears might find himself constantly getting stiffed, distrusted or even attacked.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3

I agree power balance isn't important in RPGs if they are run the correct way.  The way I always play my heroes is that they must remain true to themselves, even if that sometimes means doing stupid things, ignoring buffs, and getting beat up and running away if the situation calls for it.  If you want wish fulfillment/powertrip play video game rpgs, if you want to be someone else for a couple hours tabletop games are the way to go.  That said AOS lends itself to a more combat heavy experience than say WHFP, in which fighting was always deadly.

I think power balance has to have some sensible limits on it, you don't want to get to the extremes where (unmodified) one player is able to wipe out whole armies whilst another is still having trouble with a clanrat. 

The other angle is to equip the book with examples and tools to help the person running the game to predict and plan for power inbalance within the party. Give them tools, ideas and present the concept to them as something to be aware of and work with. 

• Like 1

Okay that art is great, love the Warhammer Quest throwback.

I love how you can play both a mighty Stormcast Heroes, a former solider of the free people AND a huge treeman.

Good news about the fluff (and the very expected Great Parch focus), but I sure darn hope we'll have ARTWORKS and MAPS of all the Realms (I fear I'm repeating myself here but... including Azyr!), and more details on the Great Parch than what we have in the Core Book as of now (which is already very good ; I just want to know more about Hammerhal Aqsha, based on the excellent WHQ Shadows Over Hammerhal "novel").

Any comments on that last part  @Emmetation ?? (and thank you for the news) :P:P

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Interesting mix, will be curious to see how they keep them on the same level. Like, there's a big difference between a Stormcast or Deepkin Hero and a Witch Aelf or Freeguild Soldier. I assume it comes in with extra feats/skills/stats or whatever.

I agree that power level in regards to class and station and general fluff elements shouldn't matter, that a party has place for a beggar and a prince and everyone in between. I am puzzled though upon looking at the other PC choices why they didn't go with 'Freeguild General' and 'Slaughter Queen' for those Order factions.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Okay that art is great, love the Warhammer Quest throwback.

I love how you can play both a mighty Stormcast Heroes, a former solider of the free people AND a huge treeman.

Good news about the fluff (and the very expected Great Parch focus), but I sure darn hope we'll have ARTWORKS and MAPS of all the Realms (I fear I'm repeating myself here but... including Azyr!), and more details on the Great Parch than what we have in the Core Book as of now (which is already very good ; I just want to know more about Hammerhal Aqsha, based on the excellent WHQ Shadows Over Hammerhal "novel").

Any comments on that last part  @Emmetation ?? (and thank you for the news) :P:P

Thats actually a good point. Azyr would be the starting point for a lot of expeditions in the realms. I can understand that AoS itself doesnt focus that much on the realm of heavens since its pretty much safe and without any big battles, an RPG would be the perfect place to explore Sigmars home.