Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

I'm also running adventures. We are running through my own adventure in the Bright Mountains right now, which will lead into "Steelbirds" from the GM Screen supplement, then the Crash & Burn free adventure, and hopefully from that onwards the adventures in the starter set. 

@Euphanism In which area would you need advice? Bit hard to tell. If you come from DnD, then maybe the biggest initial difference is that the power level of the PCs at the start is much higher than in your typical DnD campaign. Several Archtypes can fly right from the start and things like that. 

If you don't know about it, there is a Soulbound Discord Channel where you can ask all the questions you have. The producer Emmet and several of the writers and contributors are on that channel and are replying to questions basically every day, in addition to other people who'll help you out: https://discord.gg/JNhV8M 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:20 AM, Gecktron said:

I finished a solo adventure with one of my players a few weeks ago (he played a Skaven Assassin!)

That's awesome!  :D

Love seeing how many people have already put together new race content like that, the sub-reddit had quite a few docs for fanmade Seraphon & Lumineth rules too.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:12 AM, LuminethMage said:

If you don't know about it, there is a Soulbound Discord Channel where you can ask all the questions you have. The producer Emmet and several of the writers and contributors are on that channel and are replying to questions basically every day, in addition to other people who'll help you out: https://discord.gg/JNhV8M 

Hey ! Is this discord channel still existing ? The link hasn't worked for me...

On another note! People might already be aware but I thought I'd relay it, the Animosity campaign event is including Soulbound in the event https://animositycampaigns.com/how-to-participate/

That might be an opportunity to meet more people, play some games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Antium said:

I know you can make your own archetypes, but has anyone heard anything about whether or not the Lumineth are going to receive archetypes?

Yes, they will. The Lumineth are included in the upcoming Champions of Order supplement, which also includes new Archetypes for all the factions in the core book. At the moment Champions of Order is scheduled to be released in Q4. 

From Cubicle 7's website:

CHAMPIONS OF ORDER

Champions of Order presents players with even more options for creating their characters. This book contains at least one new Archetype for each faction presented in the corebook, and introduces a brand new group: the Lumineth Realm-lords of Hysh. 

As well as new Archetypes, Champions of Order contains rules for Stormhosts, Fyreslayer Lodges, Glades, and other subfactions. The book also has new Talents, Miracles, spells, and Endeavours. 

Champions or Order is expected for pre-order in Q4 2020.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Yes, they will. The Lumineth are included in the upcoming Champions of Order supplement, which also includes new Archetypes for all the factions in the core book. At the moment Champions of Order is scheduled to be released in Q4. 

From Cubicle 7's website:

Awesome!! Thanks man, looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

We've just put up the pre-order for Shadows in the Mist (link), which is our first Soulbound campaign and is set in the city of Anvilgard. If you pre-order the physical copy (or buy the PDF) you will get the first adventure Blood Tide straight away. Then you will receive the other adventures and Anvilgard City Guide as they are released.

Alternatively, if you just want the Blood Tide adventure by itself, you can pick that up. If you are planning on buying the other adventures or city guide, its worth picking up the whole set as you'll save money in the long run!
  • Thanks 4

I had my first session a couple weeks ago.

I found it quite fun. It's relatively rules light, which was a nice refresher since I had been playing shadowrun 5e before that. And like... oh boy shadowrun you guys. I'm playing out of 7 different books! 

But Soulbound, it just all worked easy, understandable. I liked it. Also, deadlier than I thought it would be. I give the system a thumbs up :D

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I had my first session a couple weeks ago.

I found it quite fun. It's relatively rules light, which was a nice refresher since I had been playing shadowrun 5e before that. And like... oh boy shadowrun you guys. I'm playing out of 7 different books! 

But Soulbound, it just all worked easy, understandable. I liked it. Also, deadlier than I thought it would be. I give the system a thumbs up :D

Rules-lighter systems seem to be the trend. After accumulating more and more rules over the years, several systems made a cut recently. Even Shadowrun has Anarchy as an alternative.

Good to hear that the AoS-RPG went that way instead of the likes of Dark Heresy (which, as much as I like the idea, is all but unplayable IMO).

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1

That deal is sweet and I can't wait for a deeper look into shadowy Anvilgard. Bring on the black-armored grim Stormcast patrols and aelven pirates! :D

On a sillier note the recent Hammerhal herald post got me wondering about a gourmet sidequest for players.

117334184_1439017712961684_2279900771954

Cooking theme for each realm like aetherquarz sprinkled wheel angel cakes for Hysh and ghyran aqua drenched tossed salad while also tying in to smuggling important items in the food. With underhanded Anvilgard on the aether horizon there's opportunity for the second part.

Food for thought. ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hammerhal Herald doing it's part to hype up future adventures in the boiling seas of Anvilgard. :D

119740526_1502390876624367_8106381204312

I love the detail mix the art has. The Anvil Stormcast founders celestial love of towering shining buildings results in the mystic towers, human workers make the more rustic docks and the druchii privateers have all the ships sleek and spike covered.

The glorious cultural mixing pots of the free cities.

How do people find the game compared to Warhammer Fantasy Battles Roleplaying game (2nd edition)? I've found that to be my favourite system so far, mostly for how gritty and un-heroic it lends itself to being (making heroic actions seem actually impressive rather than expected). 

I've found myself disenfranchised by games like D&D 5e and Pathfinder because they end up feeling too much like you should win - you use your abilities and spells to make the dragon go to 0 hp, and mathmatically it's a balanced encounter that expects the players to come out on top (or if it's too hard, the players don't stand a chance so it feels unfair). This often leaves what should be impressive moments feeling a bit bland. WFRP tends to throw balance to the wayside, but everything can kill everything and tactics go a long way to help survival, so when you do kill a dragon (a difficult task for any character) it feels very impressive.    

How does the AoS rpg hold up in this regard? As in, is it a game that mechanically empowers the players, or one that throws you in the shark pit?

• Like 2