Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

Howdy folks,

Thanks for the invite. I believe someone mentioned this in the Rumour Thread but I'll repost for visibility.

My name is Emmet Bryne, I'm a producer with Cubicle 7 Entertainment. Some of you might know us already as last year we released Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition. We also make the The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth RPGs for the Lord of the Rings, as well as the Doctor Who RPG. More importantly, we are currently in development on the Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game.

In the coming weeks we'll have some big news to share about the Age of Sigmar RPG, so if you'd like to keep up to date you can head over to our Facebook page at the link below. I'm also on twitter where you'll find some of my wandering thoughts as I help write and develop the game. And lastly, there is Warhammer Fantasy RPG Discord, and they have been kind enough to create the "aosrpg" room for us in there.

Thanks folks. Any questions, pop them below, but just be warned that there's only so much I can answer right now.

All the best
- Emmet

PS: I realise this is sort of a "news about upcoming news" post, but I wanted to start engaging with all of you fine folk sooner rather than later. We're starting to build the community around the Age of Sigmar RPG and I'm keen to get everyone's thoughts while we're still deep in development. Thanks all
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 8

Can’t wait. Y’all did incredible work on the Warhammer Fantasy book. 

One thing to consider (with Gloomspite just being released it’s on my mind) is that it might be fun to have careers and options for ‘evil’ factions. Could be interesting to play as a Grot or as an anspiring Varanguard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caladancid said:

Can’t wait. Y’all did incredible work on the Warhammer Fantasy book. 

One thing to consider (with Gloomspite just being released it’s on my mind) is that it might be fun to have careers and options for ‘evil’ factions. Could be interesting to play as a Grot or as an anspiring Varanguard. 

They're very much on our mind, but we will be starting with the forces of Order (simply because there's so much!). But we do have plans for "unconventional" player character options.

• Like 9

Welcome Emmetation! 

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, both as an RPG game, but also seeing the kind of lore and support material that gets built up around it. AoS Realms being so new there's a big hunger for lore and background and general such things, so a fleshed out RPG setting is the kind of thing I can see many getting into just for the world crafting elements alone. 

So I guess on that front I'd ask how much of that you've been able to put together and if you're going to feature the game with its own specific setting. Even if its just to present it and give an example that players can build off. 

Edited by Overread

5 minutes ago, Emmetation said:

They're very much on our mind, but we will be starting with the forces of Order (simply because there's so much!). But we do have plans for "unconventional" player character options.

Awesome that’s great to hear (even if that part is a bit longer down the road). 

In the meanwhile get ready to take my money, bc it’s coming at the screen with some velocity once preorders are up!

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

Welcome Emmetation! 

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, both as an RPG game, but also seeing the kind of lore and support material that gets built up around it. AoS Realms being so new there's a big hunger for lore and background and general such things, so a fleshed out RPG setting is the kind of thing I can see many getting into just for the world crafting elements alone. 

So I guess on that front I'd ask how much of that you've been able to put together and if you're going to feature the game with its own specific setting. Even if its just to present it and give an example that players can build off. 

We've a lot of room to play with in the Mortal Realms, so there's plenty of stuff for us to create as well as fleshing out what's already there.  A big part of the RPG is fleshing out the world and lives of the people in the realms. We've worked (and are working) closely with GW and the Black Library crew with everything we're creating.

6 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Awesome that’s great to hear (even if that part is a bit longer down the road). 

In the meanwhile get ready to take my money, bc it’s coming at the screen with some velocity once preorders are up!

Excellent! One sale in the bag!

• Like 5

Funnily enough, I was just wondering if this would ever be a thing and dismissed it! Haha

I’d  probably be getting a copy, but would prefer it focussed more on ordinary types rather than the big name characters who appear in and drive much of the current narrative fiction. 

Would probably include Stormcast in that as well - give or take that opinion :) - as the more common folk moving through the realms and it’s threats is the sweet spot for me rather than Demi gods in armour.

also - getting the AOS28 bunch involved could be a good move

Edited by Mosquito onthe TenthFloor

1 hour ago, michu said:

Are we going to see some locations from BL books, because I can't wait for skaven hunting in the crawling city of Shu'gohl.

I can't bee specific, but yep, there will be locations that you've seen before :)

16 minutes ago, LoopyZebra said:

Looking forward to the game. Do you have a planned release date?

Unfortunately I can't be any more specific than "this year!". But we will keep you updated

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emmetation said:
Howdy folks,

Thanks for the invite. I believe someone mentioned this in the Rumour Thread but I'll repost for visibility.

My name is Emmet Bryne, I'm a producer with Cubicle 7 Entertainment. Some of you might know us already as last year we released Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition. We also make the The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth RPGs for the Lord of the Rings, as well as the Doctor Who RPG. More importantly, we are currently in development on the Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game.

In the coming weeks we'll have some big news to share about the Age of Sigmar RPG, so if you'd like to keep up to date you can head over to our Facebook page at the link below. I'm also on twitter where you'll find some of my wandering thoughts as I help write and develop the game. And lastly, there is Warhammer Fantasy RPG Discord, and they have been kind enough to create the "aosrpg" room for us in there.

Thanks folks. Any questions, pop them below, but just be warned that there's only so much I can answer right now.

All the best
- Emmet

PS: I realise this is sort of a "news about upcoming news" post, but I wanted to start engaging with all of you fine folk sooner rather than later. We're starting to build the community around the Age of Sigmar RPG and I'm keen to get everyone's thoughts while we're still deep in development. Thanks all

Welcome. Nice touch of introducing yourselves. Do you, or your team, play AoS? 

5 minutes ago, xking said:

Small? I wouldn't call the dispossessed small and they play a major part in the lore as the Builders of the free cities. I'm sure they'll get attention.

That side of the Dispossesed I think is less interesting as their more independent side. But I guess GW does not want to explore much that side, because it is reminiscent of old dwarves.

46 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Welcome. Nice touch of introducing yourselves. Do you, or your team, play AoS? 

Oh yes! We are all about Warhammer in the office. We have stacks of Age of Sigmar, Warhammer Fantasy, and 40k in the office. Its just a matter of finding time to play! (I go for anything undead myself. Flesh-Eaters are my fave, but love the Nighthaunts too)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

Is the system going to be more of a Fantasy (percentile-based) system,  or something completely new?

Brand new system built from the ground up, specifically for roleplaying in the Age of Sigmar. We'll be using d6 dice pools at the core,  but we''ll get more into the details over the coming weeks.

• Like 6

What era will be the "setting"?

I'm asking because the most recent era of the Age of Sigmar, the Arcanum Optimar had some changes to how the magic work, most notably with the addition of Endless Spell, Realmsphere magic(the ability for magic users to innately tap the magic of the realm to enhance spells and access to natural spell list) and the spontaneous enchantment of objects of notoriety. 

And if it happens during this time will there be options to play in different eras with different rules?

On another note I would like to know if there will be information on:

1. Religions: not just the gods from the World-that-was but also the new ones like Dracothion and Ignax,
  2. Generic race info: By which I don't mean an entry on Fyreslayer Duardin. What I really would like to see is a entry with general Duardin information from all factions.
  3. Bestiary: A real thick bestiary book.

1 hour ago, Ashendant said:

1. Bestiary: A real thick bestiary book.

With all the various realms they could make one Bestiary book per realm and I'd be sold on all of them if they were high grade with art and loads of details! Of course right after I'd be demanding GW make models of most of them too - but it would be a fantastic way to flesh out the world. Esp for an RPG where adventurers are more likely to be roaming and encounter beasts and such in the wilds whilst huge armies might only meet the local dragon

• Thanks 2

I'm massively looking forward to this. I've not yet had a chance to play 4e WFRP yet, but i've liked what I've read so far, and the book is beautifully illustrated! I'm very keen to see what you can do with the cosmic scope of the AoS setting. Its a shame that the two RPGs won't be compatible though.

What are you're plans to support the games going forwards? You've definitely got the potential for some planescape style realm books for the AoS line, Do you plan to maintain both game lines in parallel, or will the AoS RPG be the flagship? I'd be keen to read sourcebooks for either setting, but would think that there would be a fair bit of overlap when it comes to things like bestiaries, or sourcebooks on the Realm of Chaos.

Add me to the excited list! Have you decided what kind of tone you want for this game? Is it going to be gritty like the Fantasy rpg, heroic? Or something in between?

I find myself debating whether I want a huge estuary, or a robust ruleset for creating and customising enemies. I want Hyshian Treelords  with prismatic leaves that blind the enemy, or an Aqshy fellwater troggoth that vomits lava instead of stomach acid. 

In short, since the mortal realms are so vast, we'll need the ability to easily get exactly the monsters we need for our campaigns.