Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

I just got the PDF via Drive trough RPG, and after a first glance im very happy. There is A LOT of stuff in there. It will take me a while to chew through it, and thats just the lore, not to mention all the crunch-y stuff. 

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Emmetation said:

Website should be back up and running now!

It is! Successfully grabbed my 'pack' (book+screen+map) here, and also got the PDF! :)

One little question about shipping. I may be in the process of moving. If my address changes before shipping, how should I let you know? Thanks again for all your awesome work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Khaedhras said:

It is! Successfully grabbed my 'pack' (book+screen+map) here, and also got the PDF! :)

One little question about shipping. I may be in the process of moving. If my address changes before shipping, how should I let you know? Thanks again for all your awesome work.

Awesome, thanks!

If your address changes just contact our customer support team at info@cubicle7games.com

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Emmetation said:
AND WE'RE LIVE!

We're delighted to announce that Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the first ever tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of Age of Sigmar, is now live!

You can pre-order the standard edition or stunning collector's edition through our shop here. You can also purchase an A1 print of the Great Parch map, created by renowned cartographer Jared Blando. As well as that, we have some awesome All Rolled Up dice trays, and we're doing an advance pre-order on the Gamemaster Screen so you can bundle everything together and save on shipping.

All the details can be found here.

If you pre-order the standard edition or the collector's edition, you will receive the PDF straight away! If you want to buy the PDF by itself, you can purchase it directly through our website or on DrivethruRPG.

Thanks folks. Excited to hear what everyone thinks and for all the adventure in the Mortal Realms!

I noticed there are a good few text errors in the PDF. Are you aware of these?

You know, the regular old Dark Elf Assassin didn't make the cut as an Archetype. If one were to homebrew such a fellow (I think they're male only? Male followers of Khaine, whereas females become Witch Elves?) what do you suppose it's Archetype ability would be? I'm really not sure! 

Perhaps: Strike from Shadows: When you attack from being hidden you may add +1d6 to your dice pool. 

Anyone else have any other cool suggestions? :) Also what do you think about stats? Body 4, Mind 2, Soul 1? Perhaps? 

2 hours ago, xking said:

All right, I've went through a lot of the core books lore. I like most of it, but some things I don't really like. Such as of the Shadowblades being associated with malerion, I would prefer it if they were their own thing loyal to Sigmar and not connected to a being with a history of betrayal.

It has been stated in your core book that's Sigmar it's the only human God. I'm not so sure that's true, myrmidia and morrda are human gods. Also I don't think hysh should encroach on the purview of azyr when it comes to celestial bodies like Suns/stars. 

Also what happened with brightspear? Was it supposed to have a map and a write-up?

Brightspear isn't part of the main book to play. It's part of the Starter Set:

• Introduction to roleplaying in the Age of Sigmar
  • 48 page learn-to-play introductory adventure
  • 64 page Brightspear City Guide
  • 5 pre-generated characters
  • Rules reference sheets
  • Soulfire and Doom tokens
  • A set of six-sided dice

2 hours ago, xking said:

Also what happened with brightspear? Was it supposed to have a map and a write-up?

Not in the core book. Brightspear is in the starter set.

3 hours ago, xking said:

It has been stated in your core book that's Sigmar it's the only human God. I'm not so sure that's true, myrmidia and morrda are human gods. Also I don't think hysh should encroach on the purview of azyr when it comes to celestial bodies like Suns/stars. 

I haven't read Soulbound yet, so I'm not sure what exactly bothers you - Hysh was always associated with sun. Other stars are domain of Azyr but suns of Mortal Realms are domain of Hysh. And I think they meant that Sigmar is the only human god in the main pantheon. Myrmidia and Morrda are lesser gods. Did they talk about other lesser gods like Gazul, Y'ulea or Adembi?

3 hours ago, xking said:

Such as of the Shadowblades being associated with malerion, I would prefer it if they were their own thing loyal to Sigmar and not connected to a being with a history of betrayal.

They have "shadow" in their name. It was a given they are connected to Malerion. Remember that not whole azyrite society worships Sigmar. They are a mix of cultures and it's perfectly reasonable that even members of Order of Azyr (like Maleneth, who is a Shadowblade) can be devoted to different gods. And I don't think that Sigmar worshippers would become assassins. That's not his style.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, xking said:

I prefer the realm of light to be the realm of light and not have dominion over a celestial body

Hysh is itself a sun, Other suns need Hysh to work. Therefore suns are dominion of Hysh. Not all stars are suns ( I know that it's not 

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Also I would have preferred the shadowblades being devoted to a Lesser god of the realm of Shadows. 

You said that Malerion is an embodiment of treachery - what better worshippers than backstabbing assassins. And I think Maleneth is more devoted to Morathi than Malerion so some exceptions are possible... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

I noticed there are a good few text errors in the PDF. Are you aware of these?

We've spotted a few. Unfortunately this was introduced in the last export when I corrected some last minute typos and it messed up the kerning. We'll have an updated PDF next week.

We'll also have an errata form for any issues you spot. Thanks!

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, xking said:

Being a assassin doesn't mean they are automatically treacherous, the Shadowblades specifically hunt down traitors.  

As for Hysh, look at it this way. Both fire and lightning generate light, but I don't think fire and lightning should be the part of the purview of Hysh. That's just how I feel.

It's not that shadowblades are all treacherous but more that using assassination can be considered a dirty trick - perfect for Malerion, while Sigmar is more straightforward former barbaric lord.

Sun is the embodiment of light. Fire and lightning are not. Suns of Mortal Realms are different to other stars. And as I already said - Hysh itself is a sun, kinda "the sun to rule all the suns", the ultimate sun - how could it not have dominion over it's own kind?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xking said:

I'm saying they should be of their own thing and worshipped another god of the realm of Shadows or something else besides Malerion.  

What would it change? I believe that main factions should be devoted to main gods. Making Shadowblades worship some being outside the main pantheon just makes them sound like "Actually, we don't worship Malerion but [obscure ulgu god] , you probably never heard of him/her/they...". Worshipping Malerion makes everything more cohesive - all main players in the divine game have some followers and nothing is "oh, and that faction is completly unrelated to anything we told you about".

I personally really like the way of referring to the other Realms other than Azyr as "the lower realms". Gave a good sense of the ongoing colonization and war of re conquest.

One thing I find a bit problematic is the references to "southern" Shysh. As Phil Kelly, the loremaster, said that compass are thaumaturgical (so shows directions core ward or edge ward), not based on South-West-East-North...

• Like 2

@Emmetation Sorry if this information is available somewhere, but I haven't found it so a couple of questions.

- Starter set, there's several mentions of it, but no ETA, do we have one? (at least for the PDF version).

- The core book mentions some pre-made characters available in the resources sections of the website, do we have an ETA for this?

Otherwise super pumped! I am going to try and set up a small party and hopefully we'll get some games in :D