Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

50 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Great.

I really like the idea of water being the main currency. 

It's from the Core book, page 86. It said that the Great Parch Cities of Sigmar (so it does includes Brightspear) use Aqua Gyhranis as a currency because water is so scarce a resource there (water imported through the Stormsrift Realmgate i.e. the one in Hammerhal).

We also know common jewels and metals are almost worthless in Chamon, where one deals mainly in know-how and realmstones, that meat from Ghur are worth A LOT in Shyish, and that the sigmarite City of Excelsis in Ghur has built its economy on prophetic shards of stones mined from the Spear of Mallus.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:45 PM, Emmetation said:

We do have translation partners in place for a few languages, but I'd need to check specifics.

Hi Emmetation, Thank for reply. So I understand that work is already in progress at least for some language. That's a good news!

Yes please, let us know as soon as you got, even a not really accurate, idea about what could be release date for translated version!

• Like 1

Do note that Aqua Ghyranis is far from ordinary water. For example, in Warcry "Flask of Aqua Ghyranis" is the strongest health restoration item in the game. As the name indicates it comes from the Realm of Life, and not just any random water from there either. It acts as a health potion, which gives it intrinsic value enough to make sense as a currency in a setting as diverse in AoS. Any simple material is liable to become extremely valuable or near-valueless based on where one is, but no matter where one is there are most assuredly things that can kill you. Being able to literally trade wealth for health would be appealing to almost anyone.

Mechanically it also provides a built-in 'spend currency to heal' mechanic that makes sense in-universe and does not depend on a certain class, type of magic, or location to work. This largely eliminates the potential issue many RPGs run into where the group needs a healer to function properly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Emmetation said:

I got to chat to the folks at Beasts of War/On Tabletop about the Starter Set for Soulbound, which will be available in the coming months. Link

I like the description of the city and the adventure! I'm looking forward to being able to incorporate more high fantasy elements like that into the story. 

Edited by LoopyZebra
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Do note that Aqua Ghyranis is far from ordinary water. For example, in Warcry "Flask of Aqua Ghyranis" is the strongest health restoration item in the game. As the name indicates it comes from the Realm of Life, and not just any random water from there either. It acts as a health potion, which gives it intrinsic value enough to make sense as a currency in a setting as diverse in AoS. Any simple material is liable to become extremely valuable or near-valueless based on where one is, but no matter where one is there are most assuredly things that can kill you. Being able to literally trade wealth for health would be appealing to almost anyone.

Mechanically it also provides a built-in 'spend currency to heal' mechanic that makes sense in-universe and does not depend on a certain class, type of magic, or location to work. This largely eliminates the potential issue many RPGs run into where the group needs a healer to function properly.

I wonder if it also encourages a streak of amoral Randian individualism in parties, "why should I heal you, you've got money haven't you? You were saving up for a new axe? Not my problem mate"

Edited by Jefferson Skarsnik

On 4/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, HorticulusTGA said:

I am mostly asking because I'd l like to get the starter set book in pdf ASAP after the Core book ;) 

From what I gathered from BoW interview, the Starter is as of now only physical...

Heyo. I must have phrased something oddly in the interview, because there will be PDFs of the starter set!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emmetation said:

Heyo. I must have phrased something oddly in the interview, because there will be PDFs of the starter set!

Glorious ! :D (You may have figured out English isn't my first language, so no oddly phrasing involved I guess).

So the Starter set book pdf shall be available later in May (a few  weeks after the Core Book). Good, good

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Glorious ! :D (You may have figured out English isn't my first language, so no oddly phrasing involved I guess).

So the Starter set book pdf shall be available later in May (a few  weeks after the Core Book). Good, good

No not May. Likely it'll be June or July

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Emmetation said:

No not May. Likely it'll be June or July

What ? Early May you say ? Great ! 

.... :D

No problem. I was re-reading the WHQ Shadow Over Hammerhal booklet about the Aqshian part of the city and that made me want to learn more about  Brightspear with the guide we'll get in the Starter Set. But I guess the Core book already contains some infos about the city. Also, I hope the Firestorm Campaign Set and Warhammer Quest : Shadow over Hammerhal from AOS 1st ed. are two inspirations for the RPG, because they were great reads. 

Will we be able to purchase the Great Parch map in physical form (like your Reikland one) ? Or another map on this style ? 

• Like 2