Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

14 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I'm crossing my fingers so hard for big grand alliance rpgs. Playing as a knight of shrouds because my character had a falling out with the Sigimirite faith which Nagash preyed on causing an existence of doubt and regret by an otherwise just champion that still maintains order between the dead and living or even a Gargant elder wanting to find a way to resurrect Behemet or at least cure the realm of life he loved while corraling the battle-crazy orruks/players to achieve that goal would be amazing. :D

Also new realm of fire pics from Cubicle7:

AoS_CB_08025_Aqshy-768x688.jpg

That city looks awesome! Im not sure if its a Free City or a Fyreslayer Magmahold. The design has a lot of clear Fyreslayer elements but there is so much above ground plus the Realmgate make me think this may be a Free City with a large Fyreslayers population. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morglum Ironhide said:

It's funny seeing people constantly complaining about things not included in the very first book. Hold on, they can't fit everything in just wait for expansions. I'm looking forward to seeing it all come out hopefully, eventually! 

You’re right. Every edition of WFRP had lots of addons later, which hugely expanded the possibilities. Add in the fan made material (easy to do with an RPG with a fixed group and no „matched play“) and there was literally nothing you couldn’t play. If the AoS-RPG is even remotely successful, I’m sure this will happen here also. ☺️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

You’re right. Every edition of WFRP had lots of addons later, which hugely expanded the possibilities. Add in the fan made material (easy to do with an RPG with a fixed group and no „matched play“) and there was literally nothing you couldn’t play. If the AoS-RPG is even remotely successful, I’m sure this will happen here also. ☺️

And @Emmetation said that there will be rules for making a custom character so if you want a Skink Starpriest, Ironbreaker or Lumineth soldier then you will be able to make them,

8 hours ago, Morglum Ironhide said:

It's funny seeing people constantly complaining about things not included in the very first book. Hold on, they can't fit everything in just wait for expansions. I'm looking forward to seeing it all come out hopefully, eventually! 

I am quite happy with the collection already in there. The Warpriest isn't even in GW's collection anymore, but still exists here!

• 2 weeks later...

Cubicle7 posted a interview podcast on their Facebook yesterday talking about Soulbound which they noted was their most popular one of late.

https://morrus.podbean.com/e/89-warhammer-warhammer-and-warhammer-with-dominic-mcdowall/

On two other notes anyone have interesting ideas of what to do with used Aetherquartz after the last herald?

90134347_1286555814874542_65162127123415

Between Hysh stone having a connection with drinking and now aelven emotions it could lead to some cases of using it to enhance charisma to haggle with (Kharadron would find that useful in trading if not swindling the stuff) or giving some that particularly heavy in the  despair emotion and sneaking the drinks into a Slaanesh cult ring and use the distraction of their conflictions to your advantage.

Also this was pointed out on reddit:

"This is amazing. Also I want to meet the Lord-Castellant / Lord-Ordinator who decided to build Brightspear at a location called "Disintegrating Shores".

"We're going to build our city right here!"

"Sir, the locals call this area 'Disintegrating Shores'"

"Perfect, Khul would never suspect we'd be build here"

Emmetation

Cubicle 7 Staff
24d

Right?

Brightspear was an ancient Agloraxian citadel that became overrun by Tzeentch. The Disintegrating Shores are literally disintegrating as they fall into the Realm of Chaos.

Amazing! The phrase "take a long walk off a short pier" probably has a similar but more "disintegrate-y" meaning in Brightspear.

sageking14
21d

I feel like, with how crazy and obsessed with wacky designs the Lord-Ordinators are... that this region was chosen" explicitly because it's a silly idea and they want to prove they can do it.

Lord-Ordinator: Sigmar reforged me as a demi-god of construction and Im using these talents to build weird stuff everywhere."

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

"We're going to build our city right here!"

"Sir, the locals call this area 'Disintegrating Shores'"

"Perfect, Khul would never suspect we'd be build here"

I think that was Lord-Ordinator Melchett...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully it's not Lord-Ordinator Monty. xD

"Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was ruins. Other Lord-Castellants said I was daft to build a castle on a crumbling shore, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the void. So, I built a second one. That sank into the void. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the void, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest city in these islands. "

(Camera pans over to the city held up by being tied to Kharadron airships)

• Haha 4

"All major skyports host Guild-sanctioned endrineering schools, and an Endrinmaster’s outlook and reasons for agreeing to become Soulbound are likely influenced by the skyport where they received their education. An Endrinmaster from Barak-Nar might become Soulbound out of a combination of profit and pragmatism, while one from Barak-Zon might be tempted by the strength to fight their enemies. All Endrineers sign ironclad contracts to protect the machines under their charge and the scientific lore with which they have been entrusted. In exchange for a greatly extended lifespan and aether-gold to help them fulfil their contract, many an Endrinmaster might similarly submit to becoming Soulbound. If that also happens to help them acquire far greater wealth and knowledge, that’s a loophole they are more than happy to exploit."

Very interesting with the guild schools and how that affects their missions. Makes me wonder what the darker and more piratey Soulbound Endrinmasters are up too with so much potentially forbidden treasures & knowledge in their aetheric-lens sight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Teun135 said:

Created an account to ask: 

Is this project still looking like it might be released by end of april, or has it been delayed by the release of the 40k RPG and/or COVID-related reasons?

According to this most recent update in April

https://www.cubicle7games.com/aos-soulbound-production-update/

It would seem that they are still aiming for an end of April release at least of the PDF version. Physical products might be another matter and there's every chance that disruption from the current disease restrictions and disruption could slow things. I'd also say that any normal delays or errors could also push it into May. Right now I'd say hope for end of April, but expect it in May

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 11:17 PM, Teun135 said:

Created an account to ask: 

Is this project still looking like it might be released by end of april, or has it been delayed by the release of the 40k RPG and/or COVID-related reasons?

Heyo

As mentioned we're aiming for the end of April. Things are going really well but we can't know what delays there might be due to the current health crisis. If we don't hit the end of April it will be early May, but we'll keep folks updated.

As for physical, they normally land in retail about 4 months after the PDF but this is completely up in the air at the moment. Again, we'll keep people updated.

Glad folks like the layout!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaleun said:

Is it known which characters will be playable?

Kurnoth Hunter

Branchwych

Waypiper

Knight Questor

Knight Incantor

Knight Venator

Knight Azyros

Excelsior Warpriest

Witch Aelf

Hag Priestess

Isharann Tidecaster

Isharann Soulscryer (with option to play as Soulrender)

Aether Khemist

Endrinmaster

Skyrigger

Battlemage

Doomseeker

Auric Runesmiter

Battlesmith

These we know about, Supposedly we are going to have Freeguild soldier and Realmswalker as archetypes but nothing was revealed for them yet. No Seraphon or Lumineth in Core Book but we're going to have options for creating our own archetypes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, Overread said:

With all the various realms they could make one Bestiary book per realm and I'd be sold on all of them if they were high grade with art and loads of details! Of course right after I'd be demanding GW make models of most of them too - but it would be a fantastic way to flesh out the world. Esp for an RPG where adventurers are more likely to be roaming and encounter beasts and such in the wilds whilst huge armies might only meet the local dragon

Same here 😅

• Like 1