Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

There a myriad of different ways the character could end up here. Turned into a statue and recently changed back, returned to the mortal realms by another god. Swallowed a poisoned apple and kept in a glass box, pricked herself after being cursed and slept for a few ages, groundbreaking work for Chronomatic Cogs. Soul caught in a stone and recently picked up by just the right person...

That sounds much better and happier than becoming a golden lightning golem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Oh I think we all understand this but it still hurts

This only applies to human characters right? Since there is no duardin and aelf SCE?

AA80FCB6-C15D-4C05-B0BD-CBFDC551D245.jpeg

Once upon a time there were elf and dwarf stormcast too. But it feels like gw changed their mind. But not in any concretely state’s way

A thought just occured: Will there be any rules for large scale combat, like having the players lead the defense of a town against the oncoming hordes of undead/orruks/chaos?

I feel that AoS proper isn't a good fit, because it's not built around having multiple people on the same side. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:44 PM, Realmhead said:

A thought just occured: Will there be any rules for large scale combat, like having the players lead the defense of a town against the oncoming hordes of undead/orruks/chaos?

I feel that AoS proper isn't a good fit, because it's not built around having multiple people on the same side. 

Hinterlands does have some rules for playing with multiple cooperating players against a Gamemaster playing the opposition.  
Actually, Hinterlands is the find of the year for me. Simple, elegant, versatile. 😍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

Hinterlands does have some rules for playing with multiple cooperating players against a Gamemaster playing the opposition.  
Actually, Hinterlands is the find of the year for me. Simple, elegant, versatile. 😍

And what is interesting that Hinterlands creator @bottle is now main designer of Warcry.

• LOVE IT! 2

Its been a while since we've  heard anything, you all okay?

Anything new you can tell us? A resumption of Mortal realms Mondays?

C'mon man, I'm jonesin' bad here...

Heck, to pass the time, we can all share the campaigns we're  hoping to run when this comes out.

Edited by Realmhead
  • Like 2

Yeah, been feeling the withdrawal with the lack of news. Hopefully it means they're just busy getting it ready for early April. :D

On campaigns, I had a few bouncing around my head but one interesting concept I want to run(and expand on) is what I call "the lost children of Ghyran".

One of the greatest terrors of venturing towards the edge of the realms is being torn apart/transformed by wild magic still forming the edges in the aether. Ghyran ups this with it's overwhelming life magic by bursting the body apart with new life from exploding into trees to giving birth.

So what happens to those children born from the eldritch death of foolhardy wizards and adventurers that dared the edges for power?

I need to flesh the idea out more but the babies rapidly growing from the life magic and making their ways back to the heartlands to form villages of strange unnatural humanoids is the center of this. Are they sinister because of their violent creation or because their "parents" were powerhungry magic seekers? Do the Sylvaneth embrace them as children of the realm and fiercely guard them from discovery or let those who know leave their villages? Does the irony of death bringing them to life cause them to be unique necromancers that master both life and death while seeking realmgates to Shyish or possibly opening paths for Nagash's servants to Ghyran?

Depending on how things go i'll change things accordingly for my players. Be it for a scary campaign in unnaturally misty groves to a dark secret or a hidden respite of a village where the children save the party from overwhelming odds and Sylvaneth hide them.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, michu said:

And what is interesting that Hinterlands creator @bottle is now main designer of Warcry.

That's awesome!  :o

Bottles was a good friend back when I talked to them on Dakkadakka and were so nice to help me out by giving me a tabletop AI list for a AoS Solitaire game I had in mind for single players.

Should've known Bottles was behind another fantastic game after making Hinterlands. :)

It seems as though Cubicle Seven have had their hands full of late. For those who don't follow the RPG scene, They've just had to cancel their Lord of the Rings game lines quite unexpectedly ( as in second edition TOR was almost ready to go to print, and now won't happen, unexpectedly). I think their different systems seem to have different teams, but it wouldn't be at all surprising if whatever went wrong with that brand has shaken things up more generally. This potentially means that the warhammer license is now pretty much their biggest brand, so that could bode well for resource allocation to Soulbound I guess?

Note that this is all just speculating based on the discussion going on in RPG land. Until they tell us more about what's going on we have no inside information on what happened with LOTR, or whether it will affect warhammer, in either a good way or a bad one.

• Thanks 1

That is interesting.  i've been following their Facebook only (I miss their old site) so I missed out on that.

Well I certainly am drooling at the mouth for their Soulbound release in April but if they're juggling too much then I won't blame them for another push back to ensure quality.

I do wish they'd put something tantalizing on their facebook for us, though. Just a scenario pdf for narrative players to use and lore enthusiasts to obsess over would be very welcomed to bide us over until our new adventures in the Mortal Realms.  :)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 2:48 AM, Emmetation said:

You can be a Battlemage and choose Shyish as your Lore of Magic, so in that regard you can do "good" necromancers. Depends on how everyone else views you! Shades of grey are always more interesting than straight good and evil.

Well Shyish is not actually Necromancy. It tends to be anti undead in practice. Nagash created Necromancy by corrupting the Wind of Death with Dark Magic. Which is why Necromancers are so creepy looking cause of all the Dark Magic they use. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Envyus said:

Well Shyish is not actually Necromancy. It tends to be anti undead in practice. Nagash created Necromancy by corrupting the Wind of Death with Dark Magic. Which is why Necromancers are so creepy looking cause of all the Dark Magic they use. 

Yeah, it's like DnD cleric of death and cleric of grave - first want to rise dead from their graves and second want to keep them in. But in the World-That-Was peasants often confused them with each other. And shyishian wizards still look creepy and can drain your life so it's a honest mistake.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

nice fat Soulbound update here: https://www.cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound:-what's-coming-in-2020/

big takeaways...

PDF version of core rules released Q1 2020 

PDF version of the starter set release Q2 2020, featuring an adventure set in 'the newly reclaimed city of Brightspear in Aqshy'.

Gamemasters screen & accompanying book (PDF) in Q2 as well, feat. and I quote: A 32 page booklet of adventures set in some of the major cities in Aqshy: Anvilgard, Brightspear, Hallowheart, Hammerhal, and Tempest’s Eye. Includes a short introduction to each city as well as five one-page adventures per city, for a total of 25 adventures! 

No word of physical releases of any of the above yet, there was quite a wait for the WFRP books in the end so I wouldn't expect them that soon but you never know. Still will be good to get a grip on the system and start playing some games this Spring!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Huzzah! 'Tis a glorious time for the Mortal Realms! :D

Very cool they shifted to Aqshy for this, it's got a lot of civilization framework already aid down thanks to the 2017 Age of Intrigue, Shadows over Hammerhal and the Firestorm campaign as Order made a huge expansion in those lands since the Age of Hope.

Oooh, at the end of Seeds of Hope in 2016 was when Cog forts were first mentioned as the mobile fortresses retaking the realm of fire. We could see more of those!

I'm so excited!

• Like 2

@Raviv it’s not wrong, the physical version of the starter set, much like the WFRP, one will contain dice, counters etc the PDF version will just contain all the books, character sheets, handouts etc.

with the GM screen lots of companies produce PDF versions of these now, you can print them out and stick them to blank customisable screens, onto binders, or even get them printed up.

Again exactly the same as with WFRP where we’re still waiting for the physical screen (& accompanying booklets) to be released but you can grab the PDF versions now on DriveThruRPG.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JPjr said:

@Raviv it’s not wrong, the physical version of the starter set, much like the WFRP, one will contain dice, counters etc the PDF version will just contain all the books, character sheets, handouts etc.

with the GM screen lots of companies produce PDF versions of these now, you can print them out and stick them to blank customisable screens, onto binders, or even get them printed up.

Again exactly the same as with WFRP where we’re still waiting for the physical screen (& accompanying booklets) to be released but you can grab the PDF versions now on DriveThruRPG.

I didn't know that about the WHFB RPG.

Thanks for the details!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've played both Cubicle's The One Ring and the WFRP games, and both are really good. The art is great, and both time they hit the atmosphere of the setting. 

The One Ring has What sounds like it had pretty similar mechanics (body etc.) and 6 sided dices. I might be totally wrong there of course.

Really excited to see them going into Age of Sigmar. Especially since they've confirmed over on the Discord that they'll make Lumineth also playable (not at the start though). 

• Like 2

Obviously combat mechanics are one of the main things you need to test and get right for a game like this, and the swarm mechanic does sound interesting, but I am getting curious now as to how combat heavy the game will be and how it handles all other kinds of interactions. Not long to go to find out though, can't wait!

• Like 3