Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

6 hours ago, Emmetation said:

Oh there's permadeath! If a Soulbound dies their soul basically explodes. Nagash can't get it, but they also can't be brought back.

What about SCE Soulbound? They also explode and no reforge? Can a Soulbound mortal human be reforged?

And idk? Can’t their souls get back into coral?  What about Sylvaneth’s lamentiri?

Edited by Whitefang

So how it will work if we get non-Order characters? Does soulbounding work for them too? And if ScE cannot perform soulbounding then god-specific Chaos Warriors have the same condition as their souls are already owned by their patrons? And is soulbounding necessary for the player characters?

2 hours ago, michu said:

So how it will work if we get non-Order characters? Does soulbounding work for them too? And if ScE cannot perform soulbounding then god-specific Chaos Warriors have the same condition as their souls are already owned by their patrons? And is soulbounding necessary for the player characters?

My guess is non-Order PCs will have a different mechanic, since Soulbinding seems very specifically "Agents of Order." Death are all bound up Nagash's will, so there's your hook right away. Chaos is... Chaos. Destruction is where I'm curious about how it will work.

Its interesting that "Soulbound" seems to be a subheading to "Warhammer Age of Sigmar Roleplay"

That can sometimes mean that different aspects of the game will end up with different core rules, as with FFG's 40K games, and the more recent Star Wars line (Edge of the Empire, Force and Destiny, and Age of Rebellion). Its a trend we've not seen from cubicle seven as much though, so hopefully they'll keep everything compatible.

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Destruction is where I'm curious about how it will work.

Actually that's really simple. "Wanna krump some 'umies (insert stunties, long ears, spiky boyz, ded fings etc...)?""Ya!" And that's everything you need. :) 

8 hours ago, Emmetation said:

SCE can't become Soulbound as their souls are already tied to Sigmar. Sylvaneth Soulbound are severed from the lamentiri, which makes it a huge deal for them.

Thanks for the reply!

4 hours ago, Emmetation said:

Pretty much! It's definitely more Suicide Squad than Justice League/Avengers.

Oh now this is getting more interesting...

But yeah I still hope the Soulbound thing is optional since pc will always try to play some wired characters such as seraphon or good vampires 

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My guess is non-Order PCs will have a different mechanic, since Soulbinding seems very specifically "Agents of Order." Death are all bound up Nagash's will, so there's your hook right away. Chaos is... Chaos. Destruction is where I'm curious about how it will work.

Not necessarily. The "Pantheon of Order" during the Age of Myth contained both Gorkamorka and Nagash, so there is precedent for Destruciton and Death aligned Soulbound. That's something we are keen to explore in the future.

11 hours ago, eekamouse said:

I hope the Soulbound thing is optional. It's neat... but... I dunno.. I'd like the game balanced to play without it as well.

The party being Soulbound is the default setup for the game but you can play your own way. There is a mechanic tied to being Soulbound (think Hero Points, Fate Points, or Inspiration) but that can easily be reskinned for your own non-Soulbound game. We'll give guidance on different frameworks in the GM chapter of the book :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, michu said:

Sorry forgot to tag you folks in my above reply. Soulbinding works for non-Order characters as mentioned above. Chaos is more tricky and interesting. You could have something like a Darkoath who hates Order but also doesn't want the world to end, so joins the Soulbound.

13 hours ago, vecna101 said:

please give some flexability for wierder characters, like, I dunno, good necromancers? I've really been bugged by how needlessly restrictive good Vs. evil RPGs tend to be. Thanks.

You can be a Battlemage and choose Shyish as your Lore of Magic, so in that regard you can do "good" necromancers. Depends on how everyone else views you! Shades of grey are always more interesting than straight good and evil.

• Like 3

While it is a stretch, are there plans for a mixed box of PC and/or monster models? I know Underworld sets could work quite well for this, but it's interesting to know.

As for Chaos, we had the Darkoath dude in Silver Tower, working against some forms of chaos isn't unheard of.

Edited by zilberfrid

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

While it is a stretch, are there plans for a mixed box of PC and/or monster models? I know Underworld sets could work quite well for this, but it's interesting to know.

As for Chaos, we had the Darkoath dude in Silver Tower, working against some forms of chaos isn't unheard of.

That won't be up to us, but I'd love to see it

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Emmetation said:

I did an interview recently with Tabletop Games UK, which you can catch here.

Great news!

Considering the various campaigns Soulbound is going to have, will we have a clear timeline of events? It is always very difficult for me to judge what kind of roleplay should a character have since we usually have no idea how many years has been past since realmgate wars or soulwars.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, Emmetation said:

SCE can't become Soulbound as their souls are already tied to Sigmar. Sylvaneth Soulbound are severed from the lamentiri, which makes it a huge deal for them.

As Gorkamorka is technically still a member of the Pantheon, will that mean that an Orruk Warchanter or an Ogor Tyrant, for example, could become soulbound?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Great news!

Considering the various campaigns Soulbound is going to have, will we have a clear timeline of events? It is always very difficult for me to judge what kind of roleplay should a character have since we usually have no idea how many years has been past since realmgate wars or soulwars.

Time is a little fluid in the Realms, but I believe its been about a century since the Realmgate Wars. Other than that we'll leave most of the timeline loose to allow it to be malleable for GMs and players

9 hours ago, Aelfric said:

As Gorkamorka is technically still a member of the Pantheon, will that mean that an Orruk Warchanter or an Ogor Tyrant, for example, could become soulbound?

Exactly :)

• LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Oh I think we all understand this but it still hurts

This only applies to human characters right? Since there is no duardin and aelf SCE?

AA80FCB6-C15D-4C05-B0BD-CBFDC551D245.jpeg

There a myriad of different ways the character could end up here. Turned into a statue and recently changed back, returned to the mortal realms by another god. Swallowed a poisoned apple and kept in a glass box, pricked herself after being cursed and slept for a few ages, groundbreaking work for Chronomatic Cogs. Soul caught in a stone and recently picked up by just the right person...