Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

• 2 weeks later...

Former Freeguild soldier? Excelsior warpriest? Rules to play at the lowest levels? More info on Free Cities?

Sold!

Please, GW, bring at least the Excelsior Warpriest model back into production. I need a few of those.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

I've never played an RPG but I've been following all the news about this AoS RPG and well somehow ended up getting wrapped up into the Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play... So I just ordered the Rule-book, Starter set and Rough Nights.  Now I'm all sorts of interested in the Old World. 

Will Probably end up playing Total War Warhammer too!

Still hyped about Soulbound. Really looking forward to reading more about the Mortal Realms and playing as a Knight Questor. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So a question just jumped into my mind

Can there be female kharadon characters like khemists or female Isharan soulscyers alike? The new art seems all limited on the models which seems quite disappointing, we could have more choices in a RPG

Judging by how Cubicle7 wrote & illustrated the WFRP core book, and the subsequent pathetic whining of (thankfully a small % of) various men online unless it’s a very specific archetype with very specific lore (something like Witch Aelves for example) you’ll be able to play pretty much any character how you want.

From a lore POV we’ve certainly seen female KO pop up in stories too.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

Just now, JPjr said:

From a lore POV we’ve certainly seen female KO pop up in stories too.

May you point a direction for me? To be honest the only story I'v read focused on Kharadon is "shiprat", and in that and other stories with Kharadon supporting characters there are just dull beardlings. 

Can’r remember offhand, and in a forest right now so no access to them, but I think it was in one of the Inferno collections.

there’s a group of people held prisoner by, I think, an ogor warlord and forced to fight in one of the mortal realms’ many, many gladiatorial pits that every black library author seems to have a hard on for.

amongst the captives was a disillusioned Stormcast and a Duardin in full KO gear and mask who it turns out is a woman.

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Can’r remember offhand, and in a forest right now so no access to them, but I think it was in one of the Inferno collections.

there’s a group of people held prisoner by, I think, an ogor warlord and forced to fight in one of the mortal realms’ many, many gladiatorial pits that every black library author seems to have a hard on for.

amongst the captives was a disillusioned Stormcast and a Duardin in full KO gear and mask who it turns out is a woman.

Great, never read a single inferno, seems to be a big mistake

1 hour ago, michu said:

@JPjr Sounds similar to "Warqueen".

Reveal hidden contents

There we had Darkoath Warqueen, Fyreslayer, Shadowkin Aelf, Sigmarite Priest, Dankhold Troggoth and Lord-Ordinator in the fighting pit of Khorne worshippers.

I found it, it's called Faith in Thunder in Inferno! 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope we get miniatures based of some of this character art. Its all been excellent, and female battle mages is something that has been lacking basically forever. An RPG really requires more variety of minis than the wargame has ever supported. Not every soulscryer is going to be exactly the same as every other, so it would be great if they could put out a "heroes of the realms" kit or two, which builds a variety of customisable models that work across factions. Something like the current Battlemages and freeguild/ aelven generals kits, but with more variety for the concepts it can protray maybe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not AoS, obviously, so sue me but holy ****** absolutely massive offer for (originally FFGs now Cubicle 7's) WH40K Dark Heresy RPG up on Humble Bundle right now, I just picked up something ridiculous like 20 books for €18. Can't say I've ever had any intention of playing/buying it before but for that paltry sum it seems rude to say no plus I'm always interested to just read different games & see their mechanics in play (plus of course the hundreds of pages of lore to dig into).

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-40000-dark-heresy-rpg-books

• 1 month later...