best weapon loadout for brute squad?

mooseboy18

5 minutes ago, Furious said:

To keep this going, I've been wondering if the spear-type option for Brutes would be a good choice if running 10 or more in a unit. 

Anyone tried this out?

I've tried a unit of 10 with gore-hackas recently and within 2 combat rounds they minced up 10 liberators and 5 retributors whilst only losing 1 in retaliation, so in my opinion it's pretty solid and the more reliable choice if you want 10+ brutes maximizing attacks, 2 gore choppas and the klaw+bash combo always helps.

It is a great unit to throw warchanter buffs on.

4 minutes ago, Furious said:

To keep this going, I've been wondering if the spear-type option for Brutes would be a good choice if running 10 or more in a unit. 

Anyone tried this out?

So general rules are as follows.

1. All the Gorechoppas you can get, it's better than the standard options easily.
  2. Boss Klaw and Smasha, this weapon combo scales so well with Waaagh! it's unreal. You get one for each weapon and a single Klaw hit makes all Smasha attacks hit. So with +5 attacks you need 1 attack of 6 to make all 7 smashas land automatically.
  3. Two Brute Choppas in units of 5.
  4. Jagged Gore-Hackas in 15+ units.
  5. At units of 10 either Duel Wield (dw) or 2" range (2h) can work but result in slightly different styles.
  6. DW means the unit degrades more slowly and has a better initial potential.
  7. 2h lets you fight in 2 ranks, thus allowing you to compress your unit into a smaller frontage area without losing efficiency. 
  8. 2h also allows the unit to attack past a unit of Ardboys from out of retaliation range.

It really comes down to what and how you use them. As a quick guide.

• Two Choppas for units of 5-10
  • Gorehackas at 10-20

Archived