Ricki's Midnight City - Clockwork Pegasus Knights June 2020

Melcavuk

Day one of the Ironsworn Templar 2.0 Paintjob (Ironweld Arsenal fan expansion). Archduke Heinrich of Midnight, previously a realm wanderer with a less than savoury reputation he has managed to buy his way into the Nobility of the house of Midnight.

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5631.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

• Like 11

As a bit of a hobby completionist I've been working on Battlecards for my Ironweld Fantome, version one includes quick reference relics, mount traits, command traits, command abilities, house allegiance and heraldry options to mark models with during games for ease of referencing.

IMG_0456.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Great to see you working on this army again!  It’s one of my favourites, and I’m keen to see hat else you’ll come up with. 

Reading some of the AoS literature, Gargants aren’t an uncommon sight in Azyr cities, would you have any plans to include them, clockwork or otherwise?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Remus Prime said:

Great to see you working on this army again!  It’s one of my favourites, and I’m keen to see hat else you’ll come up with. 

Reading some of the AoS literature, Gargants aren’t an uncommon sight in Azyr cities, would you have any plans to include them, clockwork or otherwise?

Modelwise I may introduce them but scrollwise I'd run them as my various Coghauler Variants, massive armoured gargant with cannons mounted and crew, essentially forming an armoured weapons battery.

• Like 1

So this is all incredible and there are so many inspired details to pick up on - the use of the cog-toothed Cawdor hoods is brilliant - but I want to note in particular how great the use of the term "The Weld" is. It somehow gives them a real grimy northern English industrial feel just from the sound of it.

• Like 1

A second Master of Shot now finished for my Ironweld fantome, this one is a more gritty, in the field artillery commander who lacks the pagentry of the previous model. Instead of noble breeding he has come up through the ranks of the artillery crews and earnt his place in command. Also pictured comparison between the two Masters of Shot and him with some artillery

IMG_6397.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6401.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Working on converting a more AoS General on Griffon, my Marshall of the Vigilant, master orator generals capable of rousing the locals into a blood thirsty rabble to seek out witches, and monsters in their midsts. Will be converting the Tauralon to be his griffon

I've tried to integrate icons from the various populations of the freecities as tokens of loyalty ascrbied from craftsmen within the city, buying favour with the Argent Orders witch hunters that they might find safety from the monstrocities of the realms, and from the accusations of the Argent Order

2CACA6E4-096A-4EC8-816B-C684AD244659.jpeg

9137CD91-A090-42C0-ADED-177905A80CBE.jpeg

D80275FC-CB6C-4F48-91F3-670EB541ACAB.jpeg

D78A6AC2-DB60-49C2-BAA8-51F1DCAA070D.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks great as all of this does mate. Wings and skin of the griffon are great. Only thing I note is that the riders dark lower colours blend with the saddle and the other darker colours around it, but you can't miss that yellow head... 

• Like 1