Ricki's Midnight City - Clockwork Pegasus Knights June 2020

Melcavuk

6 hours ago, DeathCat147 said:

The Weld Rifle test model looks superb. The components go together really well and look like they belong together. The whole army so far are gorgeous, they deserve a much bigger feature by GW in the future just to show what can be done in the AoS setting.

Fingers crossed GW like them when they're finished.

Army in progress shot:

IMG_5364.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Still steaming on through painting my Ironweld conversions my Iron Duke Coghauler (Hero class Steamtank) and minimum unit size 10 Pressure Rifles are completed for table. With just 3 Cogstrider lancers and 10 more pressure rifles to paint before I start on the Cogfort they'll be ready to play by April for anyone willing to help with some test games at Warhammer world

IMG_5373.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

IMG_5376.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

First model for March ready for tabletop, there are some minor touchups around the face and flag I'd like to do when the rest of the army is to tabletop standard but pretty happy with him as he stands.

Cogstrider Lancer for Ironweld Arsenal (Fantome)

IMG_5379.JPG

IMG_5380.JPG

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

Somedays I feel like I need a bigger spray booth, just started putting some colours onto the Cogfort (rear tower removed for painting seperately). Mostly just blocking out the colours and applying base coats for chipping later when the toplayers of yellow paint are put over the metals.

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

• Like 7

Day three of the Steamforged Cogfort paintjob, with the rear smoke stack now attached and in its more vibrant colours I'm happy with the look, but should it be weathered down to the grimy colours of the lower stacks or kept suitably vibrant at the peak?

IMG_5507.JPG

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Hey, you should take a look at some KO bits. A steampunk blimp would look super cool. In any case, this is by far the most detailed and well-done completely custom conversion army I have ever seen! Actually, its the best army I have ever seen period.

Srsly though, a blimp would make the whole army seem less grounded if that makes sense. Sort of a gyro bomber on steroids, like what zeppelins did in real warfare.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sttufe said:

Hey, you should take a look at some KO bits. A steampunk blimp would look super cool. In any case, this is by far the most detailed and well-done completely custom conversion army I have ever seen! Actually, its the best army I have ever seen period.

Srsly though, a blimp would make the whole army seem less grounded if that makes sense. Sort of a gyro bomber on steroids, like what zeppelins did in real warfare.

Thanks, I had looked into some air stuff but with it being fairly steam punk already I was concerned that adding in anything flying might make it too close to the Overlords in terms of aesthetic themes.

9 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

Do you have any intention of adding duardin?  They are a big part of the established AoS lore for Ironweld

The Duardin are in my background for the faction too, currently modellingwise their model count is limited in what I can do in terms of conversion, stage two of the army involved a massive Duardin walker and adding 10 duardin to the Weld Phalanx (Irondrake legs, the upper body remains the same as the humans, duardin heads). My limit on duardin additions is currently capped by how heavily stylised their existing kits are.

And here some nicer photos of the army!

Army.jpg

IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5582.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5587.JPG

IMG_5588.JPG

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Thanks, I had looked into some air stuff but with it being fairly steam punk already I was concerned that adding in anything flying might make it too close to the Overlords in terms of aesthetic themes.

I once saw a KO conversion however they made it so that the balloon wasn't metal and the hull was made of wood. With some smokestacks and steel textures, it could definitely break up the whole KO look and make it look straight from a factory. Just a suggestion though, and a good idea that I might keep around😉.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Arael said:

Fantastic project! 

Just out of curiosity, what each unit will represent in game? Which warscroll will u use for them? 

Custom Fantome represents them, yesterday was the first day of playtesting so they are currently being updated but here’s the latest edition I’ve uploaded:

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Custom Fantome represents them, yesterday was the first day of playtesting so they are currently being updated but here’s the latest edition I’ve uploaded:

Super cool, can't wait to see what those other units look like!

• Like 1

With playtesting underway on my Ironweld Fantome one of the units I loved using the most on the battlefield was the Ironsworn Templar (he skewered a zombie dragon), so adding another one to the roster seemed like a good idea. Version 2.0 is hopefully a bit more dynamic than the first, modelled instead with the shield option on the scroll, Archduke Heinrich of Midnight, Inquisitor of the Argent Order.

IMG_5601.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG

• Like 7