Ricki's Midnight City - Clockwork Pegasus Knights June 2020

Melcavuk

Now upto 6 of the Labourers and 2 Weldguard painted for my Ironweld I've managed to work in a member of the unit command for each. In the labourers the wealthy sergeant has an additional black powder pistols to show off his wealth (until he meets an unfortunate demise at which point I'm sure another with magically find a pistol near his corpse) and the more military Weld Guard have a horn blower to marshal the men to battle.

I'm not normally a huge fan of painting alot of infantry but once ten of each of these are painted it'll be time to more onto the riflemen, I figure if I'm going to work on converting a human faction I probably ought to actually paint humans for the mainpart (though I far prefer warmachines and monsters for the more fantastical aspects)

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

• Like 10

The first Ten Weld Militia are now painted (barring a couple of minor basing touchups) which makes the first full painted squad for my Ironweld Arsenal expansion. As much as I hate having to paint squads I do love how they all look together when finished. This month will see the legs added to my Cogfort, the full 10 Weld Guard assembled and three Cogstriding Knights added to the force!

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5138.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Great work as always, the automatons are fittingly gangly. 

Will the cog striders get extra "arms" connected to the big gears at the side or will they stay armless? 

The riders steamtank will plug into the main walker somewhere and I'm contemplating adding in exhaust pipes adjacent to the gears but no actual arms.

Because Sigmar needs some more epic characters, here's my Midnight Aspirant for my Ironweld Revival, truly more clockwork than human the heavy robes hide the innovations that keep this enigma functioning. Aspirant to a house long since thought lost to the ravages of time and entirely unknown to the Iron Council of the Weld this young upstart has carved a name for herself in the short years since her arrival. Emerging from the City of Midnight, in the stillness of Ulgu long since all living had forsaken the city of Cogs and Wonder.

(Shield will be painted not left perspex, she's pretty large)

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

Melcavuk, your work continues to be truly inspiring with your conversions and ideas.

Am I correct in thinking that the legs for the Aspirant are Vorax Arms?

What knights are you going to use on the Vorax?

These ones! Its Solar Auxilia (to keep common thee with the weld guard) with the Forgeworld Empire heads, empire knights lances or cawdor heavy crossbows depending on armament.

(And yes her legs are the spare arms from the Vorax, she largely came together out of my bits box when i saw the arms and thought theyd make good legs for her)

IMG_5292.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

Edited by Melcavuk
  • Like 6

The Steamforged Cogfort has sprouted legs! Now able to stand without being propped up its nearing time to paint, just a little gap filling left to do when the leg mounts have finished setting, Johann provided for scale

For anyone keeping track it sits at 12.5 inches tall at the peak which is 2 inches over a warhound titan

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1