Rockgut troggoths sold out

Icegoat

1 minute ago, Luke82 said:

I loved Gorkamorka as a setting and a game, it had loads of potential for craziness and Orkiness (maybe the same thing?), it’s a shame it’s legacy is as a failure.

ebay might be calling...

People may well have disliked the Ork resculpt and Madmax aesthetic. Remember orks used to look VERY different prior to the Brian Nelson resculpt.

Thanks for sharing that @Russrmc, back in the day I tried to place a phone order for an Ork Trukk. I told them I was planning to cut it up for a conversion and they suggested a Diggernob Trukk from Gorkamorka that was on sale for half price. Made a totally sweet Ork half track out of it so I was very happy. Now I know why it was cheap! Sorry, back to Troggoths!

8 hours ago, novakai said:

is that why there so many Vanguard Battleforce boxes lying around?

Gw first publish the SCE against nurgle box,then  the starter kit of the vanguard chamber and the vanguard battleforce, all these boxes have very similar content. Lord aquilor, hunters, palladors and raptors. So you expects the SCE player to buy the same things triple times? 

There are a few more reasons. The vanguard chamber is not very strong. Usually, only people playing matched games will consider buying the same model in big amount. Could you imagine a people only collects nighthaunt to buy 90 reapers? 

Another reason, which is more of my personal opinion and the opinion among my local clubs members is that there are a bunch of gryph in that battleforce, making it less attractive. The gryphs are neither cool models or strong models compared to their points.

What's more, vanguard battleforce is not the only battleforce boxes lying around. Just a months ago, the death battleforce is also still on stock on GW website.

21 hours ago, Icegoat said:

First time I've seen a release on pre order sell out. Its sold out on GW uK website. Proves people want new exciting releases like this rather than another bunch of terrible stormcast. More trolls and rats and chaos monsters are needed not more order rubbish. 

I agree, no one wants terrible Stormcast. I think the new Gloomspite stuff is amazing! But I also do like interesting and well designed Stormcast

On 1/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, Ryan Taylor said:

They are not sold out on the US, Aus and NZ sites. 

So do just the Europeans like trolls? 

In the german online shop they are also sold out. 

It seems like we Europeans like trolls very much. Maybe this is because trolls originated from the nordic or germanic areas?

The first "Troll" originated from Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc.  Or maybe we Europeans just like weird and ugly stuff. I don't know. 😄 

They will sell to people who have wanted want to do a Troggoth army for years, and don't care if it's competitive

They will sell to people who love the models and just want to paint them up, and never intend for them to see the tabletop

They will sell to people who think they have a competitive niche in a Gloomspite army

These kits are so, so cool - they appeal to just about everyone

They deserve to be a raging success

5 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

They will sell to Skabnoze who has wanted want to do a Troggoth army for years, and does not care if it's competitive

They will sell to Skabnoze who loves the models and just wants to paint them up

They will sell to Skabnoze who thinks they have a competitive niche in a Gloomspite army

These kits are so, so cool - they really appeal to Skabnoze

They deserve to be a raging success because of Skabnoze 

Thanks @PlasticCraic I agree with everything you said!

3 hours ago, Infeston said:

I thought you were the Grot/Goblin guy! 😄 So you are telling me you are also the troll guy? 😛 

Well, I already owned over 18 Trolls (not counting 2 copies of Throgg) before AoS even came out.  Remember, I played ALL of the Orc & Goblin armies.  And I built a full army for Warhammer from each of the Greenskin sub-factions because I really enjoy army themes in games.

I own over 200 Greenskin Orc infantry on foot, multiple Wyverns, about 6-8 chariots.  I have over 90 Black Orcs.  I own about 5 Giants.  I simply always liked Goblins more than anything else - and Night Goblins the most.  I had over 1000 AoS points in just the old metal Cave Squigs and at least 25 hoppers from over the years when Hoppers were just awful.  I think I have 6 stone throwers, ~7-10 bolt throwers, 6 Doom Divers (if you include the originals from the 90s), 5 pump wagons, etc etc.

Remember that Trolls were always part of the Orc & Goblin army and they were often included in Goblin lists since they were quite mean as long as they did not forget where they were and stand around drooling.  Goblins could usually afford to spare the points to get a hero to babysit them and use his leadership to help them pass their stupidity checks.

So I now have a large Bonesplitterz force, a massive Greenskin army, a stupendously gigantic Moonclan force, a large all-squig army, a good sized Spiderfang force, a medium/small sized Gitmob force (I never invested too heavily in the common gobbos - so I only have a few of them aside from the artillery), and a full Ironjawz army although it is all Ardboyz (I need to get some real Ironjawz to play with).  And I have a pretty good sized troll force.  I have not run the number yet, but I expect that 18 trolls is a pretty decent start to an army.

GW have a unique advantage over any many manufacturers. With an effective monopoly, they can afford to sell out of a product, and produce more later on, especially gauging demand via the clicks on "email me when back in stock"

So I'm expecting until the new warehouse and factory come online, that they'll be doing this more and more often

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

They don't (can't) have a monopoly, effective or otherwise, and using that term to describe a business when it does not apply is hostile.

Nothing personal, just a thing that bothers me when I see it, so I try to counter it.

I tend to agree. And also GW are the go to for GW products, but are not the only show out there and the other manufacturers are doing alright.

Our local hobby store has more much more non-GW nights than GW nights (1 in 4 are GW related) and that’s from a shop that stocks predominantly GW stuff. That should tell you something.

These days, GW is shining bright but they have competition and the kids don’t just play Warhammer; they got other products to buy. And if they don’t get what they want at GW, well there’s plenty of other distractions they can spend their money on and GW lose out.

Not the best business model - and if it is a business model, I’d say that’s far too complacent (and not vfm - the units cost less when you are producing more).

Archived