Let's Chat: Godsworn Hunt

JPjr

I just got my warband, and I notice that they are on 32mm bases (except Doggo the Good Dog). 

I wonder what this means for a potential future Darkoath release. I mean, I took it for granted that these models are marauders, who are on 25mm bases. Perhaps this warband is reflecting some other unit? 🤔

I can't wait to try them out. Think it will be hilarious to reveal oath of supremacy to make them come  to me and then go aggro. My idea for the deck is pure aggro but with a copy of Supremacy, oath of supremacy and only way out so I can try and get some big glory.

How are everyone else finding them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't played a game with Godsworn Hunt yet (haven't had a chance), but I was thinking of a tactic to do with Oath of Conquest, and Oath of Denial. I was thinking if you declare one and keep the other secret, then this might make your opponent move their fighters into the other area. For example if you declare Oath of Conquest and move your fighters into their territory, they should stay in their own territory or follow you back there to stop you gaining this card, by doing so removing their fighters from your territory meaning you can score Oath of Denial. All this depends on you drawing the cards obviously and at good times, has anyone tried this? Also has anyone doubled up with the cards, so Oath of Conquest and normal Conquest?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only real incentive to do so is Oath of Supremacy. They have numbers but Grawl can't hold objectives. They are squishy, being almost all 1 dodge and 2-3 hp and don't have any additional in-faction pushes or placement effects. 

Dark Destiny is another 50/50 your attack does nothing card, which means they can load up on those more than most.  

Though scoring Supremacy, Oath of Supremacy and Our Only Way Out on the same turn would feel pretty damn good! I plan to try it but not until I get bored of aggro. Which I've had a lot of success with so far so that might be a while. 

Edited by Elita1

4 hours ago, CitizenX said:

So I am going to be trying these guys out in a local league. Any suggestions/things I should know that aren't already outlined here?

Random suggestions I can think of that I've kicked around for building decks for this warband:

• Run Rebound and Last Chance. I dislike dice roll cards generally but in a post restricted Sudden Growth / Deathly Fortitude world stacking on wounds is not likely to keep your barbarians alive.

• Use Spoils of Battle. This is basically inspiration strikes for this team.

• Pile on the ploys and upgrades that add extra attack dice. In all of my games so far against this team it's pretty typical that a model that charges is dead.  You need those charges to hit so you aren't ineffectually bleeding out glory.

• I know this has been discussed but it bears emphasis: Oath of Conquest is amazing. I don't see any reason not to have it in every Godsworn deck.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have a silly question for you guys.

Can I brutally sacrifice a fighter who has been frozen in Time? 

Time Trap reads:

Choose an enemy fighter and roll a defence dice. On a roll of Shield or Critical Hit that fighter cannot make any actions or be damaged in this phase

Brutal sacrifice reads:

Choose a friendly fighter adjacent to another friendly fighter, and an upgrade in your hand that can be applied to the fighter you chose. The other fighter is taken out of action, and the upgrade is applied to the fighter you chose.

Is there a difference between doing damage vs simply taking a fighter out of action?   Thanks for entertaining my silly query :D

On 4/19/2019 at 6:31 PM, Redking said:

So, I just got back into the game.  Picked it up when it first came out, but couldn’t find any players.  Anyway, I have the base set and Godsworn Hunt.  Any decent ideas for a deck with just these to build from?

Thanks

Base set Nightvault or Shadespire? They're pretty similar but some different cards. You're a bit limited and will be more or less forced to play Objective focused, but Godsworn can do that at least ok.

Assuming Nightvault, you could try something like this:

https://www.underworldsdb.com/shared.php?deck=0,N175,N180,N181,N183,N306,N330,N331,N332,N333,N334,N374,N185,N189,N192,N193,N409,N414,N446,N469,N454,N460,N194,N196,N197,N198,N202,N475,N504,N506,N521,N550,N178

2 hours ago, cplhicks said:

I have a silly question for you guys.

Can I brutally sacrifice a fighter who has been frozen in Time? 

Time Trap reads:

Choose an enemy fighter and roll a defence dice. On a roll of Shield or Critical Hit that fighter cannot make any actions or be damaged in this phase

Brutal sacrifice reads:

Choose a friendly fighter adjacent to another friendly fighter, and an upgrade in your hand that can be applied to the fighter you chose. The other fighter is taken out of action, and the upgrade is applied to the fighter you chose.

Is there a difference between doing damage vs simply taking a fighter out of action?   Thanks for entertaining my silly query :D

Hm, I would say you very much could. Taking Damage is the normal way to be Taken out of Action, but they are not necessarily the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Base set Nightvault or Shadespire? They're pretty similar but some different cards. You're a bit limited and will be more or less forced to play Objective focused, but Godsworn can do that at least ok.

Assuming Nightvault, you could try something like this:

https://www.underworldsdb.com/shared.php?deck=0,N175,N180,N181,N183,N306,N330,N331,N332,N333,N334,N374,N185,N189,N192,N193,N409,N414,N446,N469,N454,N460,N194,N196,N197,N198,N202,N475,N504,N506,N521,N550,N178

Nightvault only, so far.  Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

• 8 months later...

In the mean time Beastgrave came out and the godsworn hunt are nowhere to be seen.

I have played them a few times with aggro style deck and lost very hard (I did make some tactical mistakes though). However, I experienced that you also need some luck with the dice to get this band going...

What do you guys think of this band in this beastgrave era?

P

Edited by Phyriphiry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Band new to this game and just picked up Godsworn. Hoping to get some games in soon. I've entered a (begginers friendly) tournament where you can only use the cards that come with the warband box.

Any suggestions on how to build a deck and things to keep in mind when playing them?