Noob ironjawz question. need help

mooseboy18

Would i be better off allying a Warboss for getting "wound rerolls of 1 for units within 16inchs of a great waaagh banner" or the Megaboss for "units wholly within 12 don't have to take battleshock tests" with the Golden Toof  artefact for an army containing 3x5 brutes and 1x3 gore gruntas with the ironfist battalion for extra movement

43 minutes ago, mooseboy18 said:

Would i be better off allying a Warboss for getting "wound rerolls of 1 for units within 16inchs of a great waaagh banner" or the Megaboss for "units wholly within 12 don't have to take battleshock tests" with the Golden Toof  artefact for an army containing 3x5 brutes and 1x3 gore gruntas with the ironfist battalion for extra movement

At 1k go for the golden toof, Brutes are notorious for fleeing if someone sneezes. 

Have you got no other heroes who can carry it? A spare warchanter.

8 minutes ago, Malakree said:

At 1k go for the golden toof, Brutes are notorious for fleeing if someone sneezes. 

ill have one at the end of the month when i pick up a start collecting box, but currently the list im planning on making is perfectly on 1k points with 3x5 brutes 540pts, 1x3 gore gruntas 140pts, Megaboss or Warboss 140pts and the ironfist battalion 180pts. so i dont have room for a warchanter unless i swapped something out for him

6 minutes ago, mooseboy18 said:

ill have one at the end of the month when i pick up a start collecting box, but currently the list im planning on making is perfectly on 1k points with 3x5 brutes 540pts, 1x3 gore gruntas 140pts, Megaboss or Warboss 140pts and the ironfist battalion 180pts. so i dont have room for a warchanter unless i swapped something out for him

Oh in that list you don't have any choice. For an Ironjawz list you must have a general who has the Ironjawz keyword.

If buffing is more important to you than having an offensive hero, take the Warboss.  He's got a better Waagh, can carry the banner to give you re-roll wound rolls of 1, and you can put him on a boar for a 9" move at no additional cost.

If you want a Hero who's primarily there to fight, take the Megaboss.

IMHO it's more valuable to get the Waaagh off to buff my other units than it is to have a single model that can fight a bit better.  I would always take the Warboss if I can fit it.  

On 1/15/2019 at 10:47 PM, Malakree said:

i could swap the ironfist battlion out for 2 warchanters and swap the megaboss for a warboss, would that be better? or is theextra D6 movement more worth it?

Archived